Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Balthasar Gelt is such a ****....

GreyKnightDantesGreyKnightDantes Registered Users Posts: 253
edited July 19 in General Discussion
I love it hahaha....in every single speech he makes, he tries so hard to sound like he is doing something for the greater good of the Empire, but in reality, nearly everything he does seems soo extremely self-serving...

"I will not lie! The chance of your survival are small...."

Even his diplomacy lines are so funny! So sassy and sarcastic haah

Man I love the smell of Gold in the morning!...
==========================================================================================
When you are trying hard not to burn people but you smell heresy in the air...

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 9,035
    It’s still a shame that CA moved him away from Altdorf...
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 865
    ArneSo said:

no it is not. its is beter to have more starts and not have 3 LL start at same position. only move grombrindal, ghost, isabella and Volkmar and give beastmen LL's a seperate faction each
    Artjuh90 said:

ArneSo said:

no it is not. its is beter to have more starts and not have 3 LL start at same position. only move grombrindal, ghost, isabella and Volkmar and give beastmen LL's a seperate faction each
    No instead of using old LLs for new start positions Ca should just add more LLs.

Instead of moving Gelt and wasting resources for diplomacy lines, faction traits and a new intro, they just could’ve added Marius Leitdorf in Averland.

Moving Gelt was a mistake and just lazy!
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 2,076
    ArneSo said:

No instead of using old LLs for new start positions Ca should just add more LLs.

They should do both.
    SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

They should do both.
    That’s unrealistic because resources are limited. Not every LL needs his own start position, the map is already to crowded.

With moving Gelt to Solland, CA literally killed every chance for Marius to ever make it in.
    ArneSo said:

Not every LL needs his own start position, the map is already to crowded.

Most of the factions are still ruled by generic lords. There is plenty of space, especially in the Old World.

SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

Not every LL needs his own start position, the map is already to crowded.

Most of the factions are still ruled by generic lords. There is plenty of space, especially in the Old World.

Yes space CA should fill with new LLs.
    - Marius in Averland
    - Zacharias in Ostland
    - Boris in Middenland
    - Taurox in Talabecland
    ArneSo said:

- Marius in Averland
    - Zacharias in Ostland
    - Boris in Middenland

The map can fit much more than 3 LLs, there are more than 300 settlements.
  • ChesterMcGirrChesterMcGirr Registered Users Posts: 899
    WELCOME TO ESTALIA GENTLEMEN
    Every LL having it's own starting position adds replayabilty. now you don't have mutch insentive to replay a volkmar campaig if you already did Karl. so you are wrong here. every LL having it's own unique starting position should be a default and with Gelt, Ungrim and Kemmlet they started a good thing. even
    SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

- Marius in Averland
    - Zacharias in Ostland
    - Boris in Middenland

The map can fit much more than 3 LLs, there are more than 300 settlements.
    These characters were only examples for start positions in the Empire.
    Artjuh90 said:

ArneSo said:

But Gelt's army colour scheme sucks tho. That aubergine... ugh.
    @Artjuh90
    Your statement that Isabella should have her own faction is the dumbest thing I’ve read here in a long time and just shows that you know nothing about WH.
    ArneSo said:

Empire alone can easily fit at least a dozen more characters.
    SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

Empire alone can easily fit at least a dozen more characters.
    Yes exactly. That’s why moving Gelt was a mistake.
    ArneSo said:

It wasn't. There is enough space left for every Empire character that could possibly be added.
    SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

It wasn't. There is enough space left for every Empire character that could possibly be added.
    Well there isn’t space for Marius and Gorbad anymore which would’ve been better choices for LLs in the South of the Empire
    ArneSo said:

Well there isn’t space for Marius

?
    Averland is still empty.
    SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

Well there isn’t space for Marius

?
    Averland is still empty.
    Yes and literally right next to Solland. Extremely unlikely that we will get another LL in that area.

You see? Gelt instead of Marius was a mistake which is exactly my point.
    ArneSo said:

Yes and literally right next to Solland.

So what? Middenland and Wissenland are right next to Reikland.
  • Private_GubsyPrivate_Gubsy Registered Users Posts: 40
    @ArneSo Why are you suddenly on a one-man crusade against giving old LLs some much needed intrigue and reason to exists by giving them a new starting position? Gelt barely moved, and he is not bound to Reikland lore-wise either. I don’t understand why you are so determined to protest CA diversifying and improving the game

Shhhh stop disagreeing and appreciate this high quality may-may I looted from the interwebs for you
    ArneSo said:

@Artjuh90
    Your statement that Isabella should have her own faction is the dumbest thing I’ve read here in a long time and just shows that you know nothing about WH.

well i would have made more sense to make her a Legendary hero. but given the fact CA **** up it is beter to seperate her from Vlad and you could do it cause in the end times Isabella wasn not on good terms with vlad. cause of nagash but still you could still go that way
    Artjuh90 said:

well i would have made more sense to make her a Legendary hero.

I think it would be better to make Isabella/Vlad as an end-game reward for each other. After all, reuniting with Isabella was Vlad's main goal.
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    Artjuh90 said:

Every LL having it's own starting position adds replayabilty. now you don't have mutch insentive to replay a volkmar campaig if you already did Karl. so you are wrong here. every LL having it's own unique starting position should be a default and with Gelt, Ungrim and Kemmlet they started a good thing. even

The bonus of each LL already gives different experiences, and it would be infinitely better to have loreful choices like adding extra LLs than moving characters like this one who is better in Altdorf, with the Emperor and the Great Theogonist.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
    SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

Yes and literally right next to Solland.

So what? Middenland and Wissenland are right next to Reikland.
    Middenheim is still pretty far away from Altdorf even if it’s theoretically just the next province.

Wissenland is extremely unlikely to ever be a start position so I don’t know why you mention it here.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,098
    Moving Gelt was mistake! Saying otherwise means you do not care about lore of Warhammer!
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
    ArneSo said:

Wissenland is extremely unlikely to ever be a start position so I don’t know why you mention it here.

Nuln is one of the most important and well-known cities of the Empire. It should be playable eventually.
    SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

Nuln is one of the most important and well-known cities of the Empire. It should be playable eventually.
    Well it won’t since it is on the WH1 map and offers nothing new.

A new Empire LL Will most likely start in the east. That’s another reason why Elspeth is the perfect choice. But a start in Nuln? Nah not gonna happen.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,098
    ArneSo said:

SerPus said:

ArneSo said:

Well it won’t since it is on the WH1 map and offers nothing new.

A new Empire LL Will most likely start in the east. That’s another reason why Elspeth is the perfect choice. But a start in Nuln? Nah not gonna happen.
    Might happen for Mortal Empires 2.0 if she comes with WH3.

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.