Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War July Development Update

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 411
edited July 29 in News and Announcements
It’s time for an update!

While we’ve been stuck at home, we’ve been hard at work making sure our games have some top notch new content on the way. And now we’re ready to give you a behind the scenes sneak peek…

Take a look at what we have in store here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dev-blog-july-2020/
Post edited by CA_James on

Comments

• joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 647
    error 502 for me
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,754
    edited July 29
    Link is missing the last part I think : https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dev-blog-july-2020/

Now fixed. :smile:
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,429
    Fans of each title can be very happy right now. A lot of good news for everyone.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER and THREE KINGDOMS campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    edited July 29
    ''all a bit chaotic here at CA,''

Dealing with the Dark Gods does that indeed :P

Also...Beastmen fans...ouch! Ut doesnt affect me as I prefer WE but I assumed that BM would be in this one like many.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

• RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,429

Also "please bear with us".

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER and THREE KINGDOMS campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    edited July 29
    RafSwi7 said:

Also "please bear with us".
    Oh nice! didnt catch this one!

I would laugh if one named hero was called Lucibius!

@lucibuis

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 376
    THANK YOU, this is the communication that we want to see. As for the announcements, oh boy troy has dlc, Nanman is coming and the wood elves are getting a dlc. This is amazing, will agamemnon come to elysium on troy's release?
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer 2
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones of Britannia
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Warhammer 1

• froloffrolof Registered Users Posts: 379
    Fantastic. I am so happy with this!
    I cannot wait for more Wood Elves content! It seems so reasonable and so well explained!

Great job CA! I can't wait for announcements!
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,182

Also...Beastmen fans...ouch! Ut doesnt affect me as I prefer WE but I assumed that BM would be in this one like many.

It's a shame for Beastmen fans but it's also good because this suggests they will get their update eventually too! Wood elves weren't in need of a lord pack as much just a fix so Beastmen should be on the list
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,293
    Very very happy!

This the Blog that I've been waiting for.

Thank you!
  • HerrickHerrick Registered Users Posts: 217
    Thanks for the communication CA! We appreciate it.
  • The_baronThe_baron Registered Users Posts: 563
    @CA_James On the one hand, some communication although its mostly feels like marketing and less real depth communication such as examples of what kind of criticism did you pick up from the community and to what length and depth did you dive with this updates you are making , but ok you its a good start in the right direction :)

on the negative side , Troy's mulitplayer only coming out in November ? really ?

Total War's multiplayer is already almost dead for decades because no work was put into making it better and appropriate for the game style either in the campaign or battle side. With Shogun II as an unfortunate exception (as a huge multiplayer fan I like many skipped it cause it was a smaller less interesting scope).

Launching it on November will kill it UNLESS CA is planning on some huge changes to MP, such as change of lobbies and how they work for battle and campaign , change to number of players available for campaign and more ... but sorry to say I just don't think you guys had done any changes at that scale to the game , feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

p.s.
    Part of the communication I was talking about is highlighted by the fact that just like when I asked the same questions about Thrones of Britannia before it came out, CA didn't respond neither to me nor to the many other people who were all in the live stream Q&A with Jack about if there will be +4 multiplayer campaign when obviously CA and Jack knew there wasn't and there won't be and yet they held up the information almost to the last second - which looks like a very very very fishy behavior to say the least and manipulative and ugly at the worst case !

So here is a simple question presented respectfully ahead of the games release at which state its obvious whether the answer is yes or no to the developers - will Troy gonna have 4+ multiplayer campaign ? CA prove me you can communicate.
  • YavorYavor Registered Users Posts: 45
    Thank you, CA! It all sounds awesome! Have a great Summer!
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 956
    Please let the LP be Dark Elves vs Wood Elves.

Anyway, cannot wait for the Wood Elves update.
  • motormouth85motormouth85 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 37
    Not gonna lie, but I am tickled pink by this news! 2020 has been a rough year, and i am overjoyed!
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Why no roadmap for 3k?
  • redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 179
    I am really looking forward to the wood elves dlc /update, however please do not rush this out as greenskin dlc/update although I really enjoyed it had a lot of bugs which have only now been patched out of the game that were introduced when the update came online.
  • HaldesanHaldesan Registered Users Posts: 1
    Does the FLC hero replace the FLC legendary lord that normally joins an expansion?

Because I assume the bonus legendary lord if you have all the expansions is an extra thingy on top of the normal stuff (i.e. lord pack and flc).
  • Gr_Ad_KinzGr_Ad_Kinz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,060
    The fact that we have heard nothing about Warhammer 3, and it's been almost three years since Warhammer 2, is very unfortunate. If the game does not blow my mind with how much content it has and amazing it is...I will be disappointed. If it's comparable to Warhammer 2 in size and scope that will be a failure in my opinion.

Hopefully the reason for the lengthy development is due to them actually improving the engine, revamping Sieges properly, etc... Warhammer 2's engine needs some serious work. Especially after seeing Three Kingdoms and Troy.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

• AryanbergAryanberg Registered Users Posts: 33
    so exciting, i hope to add Liaodong and Northwest as soon as possible