Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The FLC WE Lord is almost certainly going to be Drycha.

2»

Comments

• sasori1548sasori1548 Registered Users Posts: 568
    if she is indeed the flc i would love to see her outside of athel loren, we need new starting locations for wood elves.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,552
    I didn't realise so many people hated Drycha. I agree that Sisters and Ariel are what we should get but I'm too pessimistic I guess. Drycha isn't the most interesting from a gameplay perspective (though I trust CA to make her actually interesting) but I always liked her personnality.
  • CelrodaineCelrodaine Registered Users Posts: 53
    If it's Drycha, she should start at Laurelorn. If i'm correct in the lore, there is storys about mysterious slaughters in the Drakwald forest and she could be behind them.
  • MaksboMaksbo Registered Users Posts: 441
    I think it will be Drycha too, but I'm very confused with the ambiguous way the dev blog is written. Ariel would for sure be a bigger selling point, but Drycha is a very easy picking that I simply cannot see CA leaving out. Also she brings something different and an internal conflict within AL to the table.

I do think Ariel will play some kind of role, but I see it as unrealistic being lord leading her own faction. I would very much like Ariel though
  • Cadia101Cadia101 Registered Users Posts: 1,400
    So your massive hint is a branch adjective for a wood elves faction ? Sure.

I mean it could be, but it’s not a « massive » hint. Remember the Karibdiss hint ? Everyone thought it was the Medusa.

If it's Drycha, she should start at Laurelorn. If i'm correct in the lore, there is storys about mysterious slaughters in the Drakwald forest and she could be behind them.

That would make even more sense given the landmark in Laurelorn.
  • RikRiorik#8917RikRiorik#8917 Registered Users Posts: 11,986
    Ariel and Drycha would be my go to gals but I’m honestly more fussed about the LL and the faction being fun to play with than I am about what LL it is.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,052
    Kabulk33 said:

Timpeyo said:

Does sound like it, be interesting to see what she brings to the table. I do hope SoT are the main lord's. I'm also wondering if the added hero could be a LH prob being a bit wishful and it's Ariel, would work well if each lord could bring her to battle

+1, I think that would be actually the best solution for not having a repetitive campaign with Orion, her as a hero like Croak for the Lizardmen/ The green Knight... Actually in the 4th ed army book she was an independent Character, not a general.
    Yeah I just think she would fit pretty much with all Lord's and could have her own uniguie magic abilities just like Kroak, id also love to use her with other lord's having a strong Spellcaster alongside some off the main WE LLs would be pretty fun

• steam_164538323078bkMLFg5steam_164538323078bkMLFg5 Registered Users Posts: 2,042
    People talking about Drycha being cheap.. Its a FLC!!!!
  • steam_164538323078bkMLFg5steam_164538323078bkMLFg5 Registered Users Posts: 2,042
    psychoak said:

OP's logic is terrible, even though I expect Drycha as well.

Ariel has sealed herself away inside the Oak of Ages, a tree.

Trimmings could instead refer to food, and come alongside bird dishes, owls being birds. :)

It is as good as a logic as yours. I hope you are right but Drycha being a Free lord is more likely than Ariel being Free.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 36,873
    Marker said:

psychoak said:

Trimmings could instead refer to food, and come alongside bird dishes, owls being birds. :)

It is as good as a logic as yours. I hope you are right but Drycha being a Free lord is more likely than Ariel being Free.
    The way CA talks about the rework and the FLC screams Ariel
    ArneSo said:

Marker said:

psychoak said:

How so ?
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,437
    Cortes31 said:

Yeah, give me Drycha...

YES, I KNOW! It is from Age of Sigmar.

Lol.Wtf is this tree people's terminator armor?

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
    neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Marker said:

psychoak said:

How so ?
    - new lore coming as FLC (probably lore of AL)
    - Ariel uses that Lore, Drycha doesn’t
    - Spellweaver is probably LP
    - Only for ME (probably tied to AL and the OoA)
    - So probably no new start position
    - So probably a second LL for Talsyn
    - Like Vlad and Izzy

The only reason why people think it’s Drycha is the “trimmings” word, which probably means nothing or if it does, it could mean literally anything.

The FLC could be Drycha or Ariel, but Ariel is more likely at this point.

New loreS, plural. That means they'll add the missing lore WE had on the 8th ed of the tabletop. Maybe they'll add lore of Athel Loren but that one is absolutely not guaranteed and it's actually something I expect to be FLC material, I don't expect CA to make an entire lore for free. That would likely cost a lot and then it's more likely to be DLC material.

What does this even mean in favour of Ariel as a FLC ?

Not necessarily. Drycha starting in Laurelorn would be ME only. Anything that isn't in the new world would be ME only.

- Like Vlad and Izzy

So CA would make one of their most criticised decision a second time ? Hahahahaha, no.

The only reason why people think it’s Drycha is the “trimmings” word, which probably means nothing or if it does, it could mean literally anything.

If it does mean anything then it clearly points to Drycha more than Ariel or anyone else. I understand that you don't want Drycha but let's stop with the denial here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    neodeinos said:

New loreS, plural. That means they'll add the missing lore WE had on the 8th ed of the tabletop. Maybe they'll add lore of Athel Loren but that one is absolutely not guaranteed and it's actually something I expect to be FLC material, I don't expect CA to make an entire lore for free. That would likely cost a lot and then it's more likely to be DLC material.

Not necessarily. Drycha starting in Laurelorn would be ME only. Anything that isn't in the new world would be ME only.

- Like Vlad and Izzy

So CA would make one of their most criticised decision a second time ? Hahahahaha, no.

If it does mean anything then it clearly points to Drycha more than Ariel or anyone else. I understand that you don't want Drycha but let's stop with the denial here.
    It really doesn’t point to Drycha. Both are possible but Ariel is more likely
    ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

- Like Vlad and Izzy

None of what you said makes Ariel more likely than Drycha. The only thing that could give a clue about who it is, is the word "trimmings" and that clearly points to Drycha, if you think it doesn't you're pretty delusional.
    neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

- Like Vlad and Izzy

None of what you said makes Ariel more likely than Drycha. The only thing that could give a clue about who it is, is the word "trimmings" and that clearly points to Drycha, if you think it doesn't you're pretty delusional.
    It could, or it could not. Both are possible as the FLC
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 5,909

Cortes31 said:

Yeah, give me Drycha...

YES, I KNOW! It is from Age of Sigmar.

Lol.Wtf is this tree people's terminator armor?
    More like the Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight

Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,723
    Sometimes a banana is just a banana, guys.

Trimmings could be a pun. Or it could be them telling us that this new LL is coming with all the bells and whistles you can expect from an LL.

Saying the word trimmings is not confirmation of Drycha.

Still could be, of course, but I'd argue there's an equal chance for it to be Ariel.