Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Since WE are being updated, give Orion his long overdue buff.

UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
edited August 2022 in Warhammer Battle Feedback
Hello. Orion is a pretty ok Lord in my experience but the most obvious problem he has is lack of SPEED! See on TT Orion had 9 Movement Speed which is on par with Glade Riders. This is so he can actually "ride" with them and actually support them. Wood Elves very much rely on kiting even in this game, so giving the literal god-king of the Wood Elves the ability to do the same seems rather fitting.
Also, much like everysingle character who isn't mounted and walks on two legs, he gets knocked around like a rag doll. It's embarrassing seeing Nakai getting tossed around since 2019, but it's even MORE embarrassing seeing a Demi God having the same thing happen since launch of the WE DLC back in 2016.
My main proposal is 20-30+ speed, mass increase and/or knockdown immunity. I feel this is not too egregious seeing as how the Glady dominates WE Lord picks, I highly doubt we'd see Orion being a Meta pick.

I'm no expert like you lot, so I'd like to hear why this is a bad idea and shouldn't happen as I get the feeling I'm in the minority here and also if it is fine what should be done to balance it properly.
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Pocman#6295Pocman#6295 Registered Users Posts: 5,761
    Green0 said:

high speed = good for draw kiting

Could be solved by making unbreakable units rampage once there are no other units left or something like that
  • mightygloin#2446mightygloin#2446 Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 6,123
    edited July 2020
    Agree he should be way faster.

Also he's not much different than footlords in melee when it comes to fighting monsters. Can get stunlocked/knockdowned to death.

Stegadon owning him with 29MA like a boss.
    Green0 said:

So? I'm not sure if any game should be built around potential bad behaviours. And it's not like WE need fast Orion to drawkite you anyway.
  • yst#1879yst#1879 Registered Users Posts: 10,000
    Old news really, fly bull still on the air, havent reach touch down yet lol
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.

Agree he should be way faster.

Also he's not much different than footlords in melee when it comes to fighting monsters. Can get stunlocked/knockdowned to death.

Stegadon owning him with 29MA like a boss.
    Green0 said:

So? I'm not sure if any game should be built around potential bad behaviours. And it's not like WE need fast Orion to drawkite you anyway.
    The problem is that a fast Orion would allow for draw kiting even if yu had, balance of power wise, lost the game
  • Loupi#8512Loupi#8512 Registered Users Posts: 3,781
    yeah green knight always draw kites right ? what a bad excuse. The real problem is unbreakable plus cloak. his version of unbreakable should be reworkd to be like in TT, and cloak nerfed, so he can get proper buffs.

• Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 7,031
    All unbreakable should shatter at army losses imo. Army losses is army loss.
    Don't fear the knockdown. Control it. Embrace it. Love it! :smile:
  • y4g3r#8736y4g3r#8736 Registered Users Posts: 672
    He only has 12 ammo as it is. Not exaxtly copious amounts to draw kite with. 54 speed isn't too slow, I wouldn't want him to be at 80 tho.
  • Lotus_Moon#2452Lotus_Moon#2452 Registered Users Posts: 12,358
    y4g3r said:

He only has 12 ammo as it is. Not exaxtly copious amounts to draw kite with. 54 speed isn't too slow, I wouldn't want him to be at 80 tho.

Thats now what draw kite means seriously kit and draw kiting are totally opposite things.
    Loupi_ said:

yeah green knight always draw kites right ? what a bad excuse. The real problem is unbreakable plus cloak. his version of unbreakable should be reworkd to be like in TT, and cloak nerfed, so he can get proper buffs.

Cloak is not a problem at all...
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 936
    If Orion starts sprinting like he's meant to, Sarthoreal and Malagor should start flying like they're meant to.

That aside, wasn't Orion given vanguard deployment not long ago? He seems to be a very powerful choice in the right circumstances, it's just that other options in the WE roster are extremely competitive. I don't think we'd see much of him even if he was lightning fast.
  • littlenuke#9412littlenuke#9412 Registered Users Posts: 855
    Give him a forest eagle and dragon mount. Then to keep him competitive give him a item called "awakening of the roots" 300m 60s -72% charge speed and speed debuff.

/s
    Karaz-A-Karak discord: https://discord.gg/UZV6F5N

• UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    blindjonn said:

If Orion starts sprinting like he's meant to, Sarthoreal and Malagor should start flying like they're meant to.

That aside, wasn't Orion given vanguard deployment not long ago? He seems to be a very powerful choice in the right circumstances, it's just that other options in the WE roster are extremely competitive. I don't think we'd see much of him even if he was lightning fast.

That just tells me it would be fine. The draw-kiting issue is interesting but as the thread has already shown, there are easy solutions to make it not broken.
    The flying issue is a valid one two, but Orion doesn't need knew animations to go faster. Also you forgot Kemmler there, he could fly on TT too.
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 936

but Orion doesn't need knew animations to go faster.

Haha, not that we know of, but speeding him up directly might end up looking a bit cartoonish. Kemmler would be great in the air, too, he's also not going to throw off game balance if he gets a new mobility option.

blindjonn said:

Kemmler would be great in the air, too, he's also not going to throw off game balance if he gets a new mobility option.
    Now this is a wild mount for Kemmler i would get behind

• Loupi#8512Loupi#8512 Registered Users Posts: 3,781
    blindjonn said:

Haha, not that we know of, but speeding him up directly might end up looking a bit cartoonish. Kemmler would be great in the air, too, he's also not going to throw off game balance if he gets a new mobility option.

Ive maxed out his speed in campaign to 118 using skill tree, items, spells and other traits and he looks normal running at that speed.

• #568367#568367 Registered Users Posts: 6,963
    Give him a bound spell that summons war hounds.
    Loupi_ said:

blindjonn said:

Ive maxed out his speed in campaign to 118 using skill tree
    So this is why he's that slow normally since the main design point for the game is campaign. Wish that either applied to every lord or didn't.
  • Ninaran#8122Ninaran#8122 Registered Users Posts: 554

Loupi_ said:

blindjonn said:

Ive maxed out his speed in campaign to 118 using skill tree
    So this is why he's that slow normally since the main design point for the game is campaign. Wish that either applied to every lord or didn't.
    And to every lore.

Please make Death good again.