Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

One DLC, which is missing.

KalistratKalistrat Junior MemberUkraine/DnipropetrovskRegistered Users Posts: 229
I don't know if this question has been asked before.

It seems to me that the period of the Muslim conquests remained uncovered. This was one of the special periods of the "Dark ages".

Byzantine and Sasanian empires are gradually weakening. The dawn of a new empire at the same time. Formation of a new religion. These are interesting times.

I would like this to be a DLC to the Attila TW, because this game needs a new breath. That is how it was with Rome II TW thanks to Empire Divided and Rise of Republic.
Tagged:

Comments

• glebovskiglebovski Registered Users Posts: 6
    I totally agree with you. The game lacks campaign of 600-650 years especially in the east. Grand war between ERE and Sassanids and Islamic conquest is really the event witch could be seen as transition from late antiquity to early middle ages in middle east, about what Attila setting is. Also this new DLC could be a reason to fix some little problems witch could be still seen in this game.
  • Maxim1lianMaxim1lian Registered Users Posts: 46
    Yes, I would be happy with a patch that would add new graphics settings and optimizations, as it was with the patch for Rome 2, when the last DLC for it came out. But it seems that the developers have long since completely phased out support for Attila. I don't understand why it was impossible to release at least a patch ...
  • KalistratKalistrat Junior Member Ukraine/DnipropetrovskRegistered Users Posts: 229
    I also don't understand why Attila and Rome II no longer have CA support. They are really good, despite the fact that this games were released more than five years ago. I still prefer them to new warhammers today. But these games lack new features.

I would like to add diplomacy and supply system, which we saw in 3K.
  • Maxim1lianMaxim1lian Registered Users Posts: 46
    Well, there will definitely not be support. Although it was like half a year ago there were some rumors that maybe CA would release updates for some old games, but this is all at the level of rumors. And so Attila stopped support earlier due to lower popularity compared to Rome 2. It's sad
  • HerrickHerrick Registered Users Posts: 224
    I would pay double for a final DLC. But I gave up hope a year ago.

Attila was so close to be the perfect TW game.
  • KalistratKalistrat Junior Member Ukraine/DnipropetrovskRegistered Users Posts: 229
    I hope that this still happens.

In my opinion, the Age of Charlemagne was the best DLC ever.
    It could happen again. New DLC - Muslim conquest. New features. New life.

It doesn't matter, what it is now. Attila TW can get better. Just need a good update.
    Rome II TW is an example of this. It was bad in the beginning, and then it became good after a while.
    Considering that new game covering this period we could get not sooner then after 10 years. I think developers should reanimate Attila. If this game will get such huge dlc like empire divided, with new mechanics, campaign and optimization (perhaps 64 bits version) I am ready to pay full price for this.

Also I would like to see little visual fixes like testudo fix, archers do not want to rise up bows and many more.
    glebovski said:

Considering that new game covering this period we could get not sooner then after 10 years. I think developers should reanimate Attila. If this game will get such huge dlc like empire divided, with new mechanics, campaign and optimization (perhaps 64 bits version) I am ready to pay full price for this.

Also I would like to see little visual fixes like testudo fix, archers do not want to rise up bows and many more.

What do you not like about testudo?
    It has a huge cap in the middle, so it looks like "please shoot me in a stomach".
    I think that Attila do not reveal the topic of transition from late antiquity Eastern roman empire to early middle ages Byzantium empire, like it did to western kingdoms in Age Of Charlemagne. So I insist than CA need to take a look to this DLC idea.
    What is a discussion of this dlc is a map and time scale. I believe that that map should cover a Islamic conquest of potential Islamic conquest. So it is a middle east, Minor Asia, Balkans, North Africa, Spain and South or whole France and maybe Italy.
  • shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 473
    edited August 12
    rise of islam cannot be covered
    the game will face a lot of issue if they did it
    it's very sensitive mentioning the beginning of islam and adding the "characters" to it for muslims

that is the reason if u know about real life politics
  • SpartanBGSpartanBG Registered Users Posts: 19
    Games shouldn't be political/politically correct, they should be games, should tell the story the way the developers and designers and writers create it/
    They can choose the start date whatever they decided it best to cover this subject. But it is very stupid to dine period only because it may be too sensitive for someone. Otherwise, such games like hoi 4 would not be possible at all.
    SpartanBG said:

Games shouldn't be political/politically correct, they should be games, should tell the story the way the developers and designers and writers create it/

I agree with you. But I would like to add that the game must be historically correct too (if the game is historical).

History exists so that we know about the past, about those events, about those mistakes and did not repeat them in the future.

• Karoten2Karoten2 Registered Users Posts: 280
    SpartanBG said:

Yeah , but the different people have different view on certain things

I saw the review on steam, where a player claims, that TW Medieval II is Islamophobic game, because crusaders attacked him without reason

"Rise of Islam" DLC would be -minefield- for The Creative Assembly
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,711
    Don't make it directly inclined to Islam.

Just make a campaign based on time period and that's it.

Anyways, what time period do you guys prefer for this DLC and which factions will be playable?
  • Karoten2Karoten2 Registered Users Posts: 280
    It would be tricky :smile:

The family tree contains Muhhamed and his heirs, and there is also caliph issue with leaded to split Islam into Sunny and Shia branch,
    another thing is, that Arabian expansion is directly connected with spreading Islam "with a sword"

But aside of this, I agree, it is great setting for a TW campaign
    I would guess main players in that period as playable factions - The Persian Sasanid Empire, The Byzantine Roman Empire and the Arabians, maybe Armenia as minor kingdom
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,637
    DLC is such period would be great, but at this point it is very unlikely to see any new content for Attila.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS and TROY campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
  • NykyusNykyus Registered Users Posts: 40
    edited October 14
    Here they write that the early Muslims did not call themselves Muslims, but called themselves believers. They were associated with the Ebionites (Judeo-Christians). We can also remember that Muhammad took refuge in Aksum from the persecution of the Meccans.

https://otvetus.com/kto-sozdal-islam-194486

Islam was created between 500 and 1000 AD. by different people who added this syncretic religion. Muhammad did not exist as a separate person (with the exception of a person who lived from 4 BC to 30 AD, who was awarded the title "worthy of praise", that is, "muh ammad")

Islam originates as a group of Christians, the Evionites, who accept Jesus as a "lesser god" and retain much of Judaism. This is then combined with Arabic religions and terminology. When Arab warlords take over the Middle East from the Persians and Romans, they are considered another Christian sect for the first 100 years. Only with the overthrow of the Umayyads and especially with the advent of the Fatimids, this new religion of Islam was created with Arab nationalism at its core (which corresponds to the shift of the Qibla from Jerusalem to Petra to Mecca)

Inscription of the Caliph Mu'awiyah in 662 AD

Please note that this begins with the cross Translation at the time of the servant of God Muawiya (Abdullah Maaviya), the commander of the believers (amēra almoumenēn), hot baths of people who were saved and restored there by Abd Allah, the son of Abu Hashim (Abuasem) Governor, the fifth of December of the month, the second ), in the 6th year of the indictment, in the 726th year of the colony, according to the Arabs (kata arabas), 42nd year for the healing of the sick, under the tutelage of John, the official of Gadar. Muawiyah is not called the caliph (caliphate), but the commander of the believers - only later the Muslims call him the caliph. There is no mention of Muslims, the Qur'an or Muhammad! Otherwise, every Muslim monument is called "In the name of Muhammad."

Post edited by Nykyus on
    edited October 14
    1) You must also understand that Christians have not been converted. The Great Khorezmian, Al-Biruni, in the XI century writes that there are 2 major branches of Christianity: these are the Melkites, that is, the royal (Orthodox, who at that time were united with the Catholics) and the Nestorians in Syria and Iraq that are not inferior to them in number and Khorasan (Iran). Copts were the third smallest.
    2) The Arab tribe Banu Taglib, who originated from Najd, later moved to northern Mesopotamia, were Christian Monophysites until the 870s.
    3) there were also Sabians, as the third of the people of the book. 4) of the branches of Christianity were Arians and marcionites, this in the XI century.
    In the Crusaders III Nestorians are represented as small hearths. But in reality they made up the majority of the population in Syria, Iraq and Khorasan in the XI century. Also, the Karluk Turks adopted Nestorianism. And indeed they find many stones with crosses in Fergana, Seven rivers, Zhetysu (Zhety - seven, su - water, river).
    Christianity has been different from the very beginning. The gospel of Peter was addressed to the Jews, the gospel of Paul to the Gentiles. There are many branches and currents between which there was a struggle. The pro-Orthodox won, who physically exterminated other currents and burned their bodies and books.