i think i talk for all of you that we we're surprised by the announcement for the new savage edition for WH1. Especially after they have announced that the WE will be in the next DLC.
So that's got me thinking, what is CA plaining with this Edition?
If we look at the state of WH2 and the races we see that all races from WH1 have gotten there rework except the chaos faction BM, WoC and Norsca. Norsca in my opinion doesn't even need a massiv rework.
And what are we getting in this edition? the 2 chaos faction that are in dire need of an rework. Coincidence? I think not.
I think that CA is here teasing us the pre-order for WH3. Here's my argumentation:
1. We know that WH3 will feature chaos heavily. There will be the demons of Chaos (undivided or mono doesn't matter here), most likely the chaos dwarfs and also most likely the ogre kingdoms.
2. They have said that they would like to bring all WH1 races to WH2 standard before WH3. That would leave BM, Norsca and WoC.
3. We know that all DLC for WH2 must feature a SP in Vortex. The map is nearly full except the north of the map, where , surprise the chaos waste is.
4. In my opinion the biggest problem BM and WoC have is the horde mechanic which at the moment doesn't work.
5. And last what would be better to get the hype for chaos up if we could play as more chaos LL.
So with that said here is my idea for the pre-order which would be a LP.
The Bloodbeast and the Gorequeen
The Beastmen with Taurox the Brass Bull against Valkia the Bloody for the Warriors of Chaos. A pure chaos themed LP that would update both faction to WH2 maybe even WH3 standard. They should satrt both in the north with Taurox in the west of Naggarond and Valkia in the east. This would challenge the DE and even the HE in Ulthan if Valkia choose to go south.
The 2 reworkes could be done at the same time, because they play very a like and i think that WoC would benefit form the DoC from WH3.
Unit wise i will not go in to, because they both have enough for more DLC's.
If CA would choose the same direction like thy are doing with the WE then i think we could get a Norsca FLC for owners of WH1,WH2 and Norsca DLC. Norsca is here my choice because i think they don't need a massiv rework. Maybe a few tweaks ut not a massive overhaul. Also they would fit the chaos theme.
My LL choice here would be Egil Styrbjorn with Skaeling. He would fit well in Vortex as an enemy for Ulthan in the north-east.
And for all WH2 owner who doesn't buy the pre-order would get the last missing LL for core races of WH2. Which in my opinion would be a DE Lord, who also would fit the "chaos" theme. My choice here would be Rakarth.
The only downside of my idea is that only the Dwarfs and Vampire Counts will be missing out the Vortex campaign. But with WH3 announcement probably in this year there is no time for a DLC for those 2 factions.
So what do you guys think of this? Would you buy my idea or would you like a different LL? What are your thoughts on the Savage Edition?