To bring skaven up t a very high standard CA can:
- add some free new units/lords/heroes etc.
- fix the UI settlements tab to include skaven undercities as ell as over ground settlements.
- Make queek and particularly tretch better in campaign via new traits/campaign wide perks/items.
- possibly add a unique undercity building for each faction to increase faction distinctiveness (better ones for weaker factions, weak ones for strong factions like Skyre). This would also bring them into line with clan Pestilens who got the new pox couldren in udercities not long ago.
- Re-examine plagues and AI usage of plagues again as they are a bit on the weak side. This would help out pestilens who are now nearly always destroyed early on by Itza nasty lizard things.
- Bearing in mind that with Skaven as with all factions some units are useful and some are not very useful, i.e do not help you win battles as much:
Rebalence some units to nerf them (e.g artillery nerf, possible nerf to jezails, ratling gunners, ikkits warp grinders which are super OP). To compensate for this make other units stronger. My list would include: gutter runners (crap), stormvermin (not worth it unless playing as Queek), night runners (also a bit crap), poison globe mortars and poison wind globes (usually outperformed by artillery by a long shot. A bit redunant compared to plague claw catapults).
- Enable night runners/gutter runners to quickly climb walls in cities. Add an animation for this. Or possibly start inside city walls to enable settlement capture.
- Add W/L cannons to ikkits workshop as intended by Devs.
- even consider adding battles underground in or around undercities.
- General rework to the underway mechanics for all relevant factions incl skaven/WE.
So there's a lot that CA COULD do, the question is what will they actually do bearing in mind that the skaven would be the minor party in this DLC?