Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Empire v Vampires....

Pontifex711#9147Pontifex711#9147 Registered Users Posts: 114
Anyone else getting bored of the Vampire cheats now?? I enjoy playing the Empire but lately there is NO other option but to go fight the vampires- if you have any intention to keep authority above 0. And now the greenskins updates has Azhag going crazy too and just wiping out Averland, Stirland, Ostermark by turn 20-30 (which is -9 Authority!) and if you revive them you only get 3 back. So either they need to at least let the elector counts last longer- or change how the authority works.... it's not my fault as Empire far away that the first full army from Von Carstein or Sylvania will literally take one city a turn as they work their way west before Stirland even wants to give military access. And I can't use prestige, because have to hold on to every last bit to prevent losing further authority via events. (And the less elector counts alive, the less events come by that can give you more)

I seriously can't be the only one bothered by this s.... stuff.

Comments

• peabodyestate#9505peabodyestate#9505 Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    I really welcome Vamps being a presence on the map now, for so long they had no impact whatsoever.

I can see how it could impact Empire campaign a good bit, and maybe it needs tweaking in that regard.

All in all, things are better now than before.
  • Pontifex711#9147Pontifex711#9147 Registered Users Posts: 114

I really welcome Vamps being a presence on the map now, for so long they had no impact whatsoever.

I can see how it could impact Empire campaign a good bit, and maybe it needs tweaking in that regard.

All in all, things are better now than before.

Here's the thing. I don't mind them being aggressive. I'm not trying to play a dull, cake-walk game either... but maybe not come out of the gate in a racecar when we're stuck with a lame donkey. If there was a way to make it kick in a few turns later, then sure.
    I'm not even playing Legendary mode either- I'm only on Hard.
  • Jman5#8318Jman5#8318 Registered Users Posts: 2,167
    No, I actually find it enjoyable. My current game is an empire playthrough with Volkmar. I was putting down Ostermark after they rebelled when Manfred declared war on me. He took a couple of cities in the first turn, but I was able to beat him back and eventually eventually wipe him out. Responding to the sudden invasion with whatever I could scrape together was really quite fun.

If you play Empire you will always need to fight the Vampires to secure the Empire. The only difference now is that the Vampires no longer passively sit back and wait for you to roll them over.

Right now, the Empire is both harder and more enjoyable.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,470
    The Vamps are supposed to be a big opponent to the Empire, in fact in WH1 they were the "rival" race to them. They are kinda meant to be the early-mid game challenge, it's just in the last couple of patches they just sat there and let themselves get annihiliated due to an overnerf in response to the vampiretide after Coast was added.

If anything they should be stronger, they are still probably underperforming vs the Empire. I just wish they had got a DLC this game, but looks like it's not to be.
  • Artjuh90#8868Artjuh90#8868 Registered Users Posts: 1,697
    thia complaint is like saying dwarves don't like to deal with greenskins,
    lizardmen have to deal with skaven,
    He with DE or vise versa any of these...
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,780

I seriously can't be the only one bothered by this s.... stuff.

s what stuff? What's that refer to?

Anyway Empire is supposed to fight the Vamps. Natural enemies.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
    While I have no problem with the Vampires being the natural enemy of the Empire.... I suppose then my fit of pique is in regards to the Authority mechanic (which wasn't in Warhammer I)... because if they start wiping them all out while you are still trying to get on your feet, it's quite aggravating.
  • General_Hijalti#1213General_Hijalti#1213 Registered Users Posts: 5,430
    Agreed in my last few mortal empire campaigns the vampires have completely over run the empire.
    They also seem to be bugged where Manfred comes back every turn
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,140
    Don’t the Vamps start with 5 settlements now when you don’t play them? Like the Empire? Taking away the passiveness should have been enough really. They were still fully capable of going full throttle before they were made passive but make them work at least a little for it.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,345
    In order to recover from the authority loss you have to liberate the old Elector count faction rather than take the title for yourself. You can then procede to liberate the rest of the province by returning the land to the Elector, each settlement returned will give you +1 fealty and +1 authority.

With more agressive enemies on the eastern border of the Empire one can no longer take it easy and build up strenght until one is ready for war. Instead you will have to react to threats when it least suits you. A good Empire campaign should feel like playing Rome during the invasion of Attila, if there is not a crisis going on every turn something is wrong ;-)
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,140

In order to recover from the authority loss you have to liberate the old Elector count faction rather than take the title for yourself. You can then procede to liberate the rest of the province by returning the land to the Elector, each settlement returned will give you +1 fealty and +1 authority.

With more agressive enemies on the eastern border of the Empire one can no longer take it easy and build up strenght until one is ready for war. Instead you will have to react to threats when it least suits you. A good Empire campaign should feel like playing Rome during the invasion of Attila, if there is not a crisis going on every turn something is wrong ;-)

Sounds like it could be time for a new Empire campaign.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • AkiAmazAkiAmaz Registered Users Posts: 511
    RikRiorik said:

Sounds like it could be time for a new Empire campaign.
    My thoughts exactly
  • Kn_Gars#2718Kn_Gars#2718 Registered Users Posts: 3,345
    The Empire experience has improved but the problems with the auto-resolve combat still makes it hard for vampires and greenskins to sustain their offensive against the Empire. Just started a new campaign without my usual mods and while the vampires did overrun Averland and make deep advances into Talabecland and Stirland Azhag seems to not have taken a step outside his mountains after a short initial advance. Oddest thing so far however is the Red Duke declaring war on Manfred and waging and Vampire vs Vampire war inside the Empire.
    The user formerly known as KN_Gars, thanks for the involunatry rename CA.

Hahahah yes, something is always wrong. Handle one situation and two more pop up.

They also seem to be bugged where Manfred comes back every turn

Ive noticed that with Wurrzag and Morathi too (in separate campagains)- that I defeat them and 1-2 turns later, the "jerks" (for lack of more crude but appropriate term) are back.