Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If Drycha is one of the LL, she should get unique forrest spirits

gunner8521gunner8521 Registered Users Posts: 488
Since she would play similar to that of Durthu, but distrusts elves even more, I think she should get more forest spirits/wildlife to compensate variety wise as her faction won't have any elf units in it.

Currently if you factor in Wildlife, forrest spirirts count for 4 units (included unmounted forrest dragon). I think her faction should get a Dryad variant possibly unique to her faction like Alith Anar or mistwalker units. If not a dryad unit, maybe they could barrow from AOS and do Kurnoth Hunters as younger treemen as a unique unit

If not a unique unit, possible the wildlife unit will see more representation. Unicorn herds or great Stags fit this well. I'm not sure about Zoats or Incarnate of beasts (if you do one incarnate people will ask to do more)

Forrest sprites seem kinda like a swarm so I think they'll be part of a spell of Athel Loren like tomb swarm.

Comments

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,161
    Yes but they should not be unique to her, just maker her able to buff them hugely
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 2,096
    I hope this DLC will take into account that Alariel's access to all arboreal spirits deprives the Wood Elves of some of their uniqueness and flavor. Expanding their roster of forest spirits would fix that little complexity.

And yes, you're damn right.
    Firstly: 3 units from the forest spirits do not reflect this race feature at all.
    Secondly: the presence of the same 3 units among the high elves in the list deprives even these few units of uniqueness.

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    Why Drycha should be just second Durthu? Most likely, we will get a few new forest spirits units in next update like Zoat, 3 types of Kurnoth Hunters, new varriants of Dryads etc.

CA can simple change Durthu to be more focus to just Ancient Treeman lords, Treeman, Tree Kin and Kurnoth Hunters.

Drycha can be more focus to Branchwraith heroes, Dryads and 3 new types fo Dryads(Shape Shifting).
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,161
    Kurnoth hunters are aos
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• miniaaar#1207miniaaar#1207 Registered Users Posts: 1,785
    edited August 2020
    There are three dryad aspects from older editions. I fully expect that they will come either as LL special units (like shadow walkers) or as part of the update of the Wood Elves DLC. Maybe as part of the upcoming lord pack, but I hope not and would like to see new units in there (charriots, zoats, spites, alter kindred,...)

In terms of unit buffs yes Durthu and Drycha could well be different, with Durhu buffing treekin and treemen while Drycha buffs Dryads and branch wraith of all sorts. After all, we managed to get both Gor Rok and Kroq Gar buffing saurus, without anyone complaining.
    After recent discussions, I am already afraid to say this, okay, I hope no one will consider it incitement to hatred, but the blog said:

"The realm of the Wood Elves returns ... We can reveal that the next DLC for WARHAMMER II is indeed a Lord Pack, focusing on the Wood Elves, and we will also be revisiting one of the original core races from WARHAMMER II."

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like the wood elves get the long end of the DLC, which means there is every reason to hope for a well-developed system of forest spirits and campaign mechanics.

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    lucibuis said:

Kurnoth hunters are aos

Kurnoth hunters are perfect fit for warhammer fantasy to boost forest spirits roster.

I would not be surprised if Kurnoth hunters and a few others models from Age of Sigmar will be part of Old World tabletop in the future. After all, Warhammer fantasy and Age of Sigmar already share many models.
  • sirItansirItan Registered Users Posts: 392
    Labria said:

lucibuis said:

Kurnoth hunters are aos

Kurnoth hunters are perfect fit for warhammer fantasy to boost forest spirits roster.

I would not be surprised if Kurnoth hunters and a few others models from Age of Sigmar will be part of Old World tabletop in the future. After all, Warhammer fantasy and Age of Sigmar already share many models.
    While i agree that they fir and would love to have them here - the models shared that are in total war were all developed in warhammer fantasy not aos. They might even be restricted from using them at all.
  • Canuovea#6291Canuovea#6291 Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,922
    Kurnoth Hunters are not a perfect fit. They've got bows, and that seems part of the weird merging of Wood Elf souls and Forest Spirits that seems to have happened. Bows seem a little much for Forest Spirits. Only really Durthu (and maybe some of his buddies?) even bother using a weapon.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • dan_eldardan_eldar Registered Users Posts: 12
    I honestly think in regards to the AoS models, if GW had instead renewed Warhammer gantasy with a new edition, Kurnoth Hunters would have featured in the new Wood Elf line up. Hell they were probably already in the works but with the name "Kurnous Hunters" Same with Drycha and the other new tree spirit models introduced through the Sylvaneth.

The only exception being the new Allarielle on her massive beetle, now that would be very out of place...

And, of course, I'm only talking about the Sylvaneth range. The other new AoS armies would mostly not fit. Dwarves riding magma monsters for example, maybe not for Fantasy.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,490
    There are 3 Dryad-Version depending on the "tree type":
    - Oak --> Defensive
    - Willow --> "Whip"-Infantry
    - Birch --> Bleed
  • xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Registered Users Posts: 959
    We can't touch AOS units as it is a different system (although it does have some decent stuff).

Variants of Dryads, Treekin and Treeman is the way to go as others have mentioned. The Oak, Willow and Birch forms of Dryads can work. There are also the 'Wildkin' which were crazy Dryads that supported Drycha.

Lastly, I hope we get Coeddil as an unique Lord as he and Drycha are connected multiple times throughout the lore (he can be an evil Ancient Treeman as he was during the End Times).
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,541
    I'm certain Drycha would still be able to recruit Elves if we do get her, CA isn't going to remove units from the roster. Her hate towards them would likely translate as higher upkeep/recruitment cost or maybe even lock the Elven units until you achieve a certain goal. Even if Drycha hates Elves she still has to work with them.

That said she should get unique units I agree.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,490
    neodeinos said:

I'm certain Drycha would still be able to recruit Elves if we do get her, CA isn't going to remove units from the roster. Her hate towards them would likely translate as higher upkeep/recruitment cost or maybe even lock the Elven units until you achieve a certain goal. Even if Drycha hates Elves she still has to work with them.

That said she should get unique units I agree.

Could be Skarsnik-Style.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,280
    Kurnoth Hunters do aesthetically fit perfectly with the 8th edition Treemen.

But they came out for Age of Sigmar, not WHFB. It's a separate license: they would cost money for CA to access.

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    edited August 2020
    Drycha would definetly need range dryads or treekin that throw rocks, otherwise her army would be way too weak.

Edit: Or more flyers like vampire counts to interrupt enemy range fast.
  • gunner8521gunner8521 Registered Users Posts: 488

We can't touch AOS units as it is a different system (although it does have some decent stuff).

Variants of Dryads, Treekin and Treeman is the way to go as others have mentioned. The Oak, Willow and Birch forms of Dryads can work. There are also the 'Wildkin' which were crazy Dryads that supported Drycha.

Lastly, I hope we get Coeddil as an unique Lord as he and Drycha are connected multiple times throughout the lore (he can be an evil Ancient Treeman as he was during the End Times).

The Dryads variants for Drycha may be what they go with
    Oak may be higher armor than other dryads
    Willow may be anti-infrantry or have a slow ability
    Birch may be AP Dryads.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,050
    edited August 2020
    Would be good to see this I'd also like a unique re-textured treeman Coeddil along side her

In my opinion, it would be great if Coeddil is a special Lord for her to unlock during the campaign, like the Norscan lord for Tzeentch (can't remember the name)
  • Earlybird#2907Earlybird#2907 Registered Users Posts: 1,134
    Wildcats
    Bears
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 9,980
    Agree that she should have unique forest spirits, and they should be exclusive as well.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
    Wild kin were a End Times unit of crazy Dryads who followed Drycha until the end.

As Eltharion came with a full batch of End times units, there is precedent to add Wild Kin to Drycha, at least as a campaign specific unit.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,666
    Why should Drycha come at all?

Please, stop with the generic lords and heroes. No more Tretchs.
    Trev is fine really. If all goes according to predictions, then Thrott is in the next LP and Thanquol is confirmed to come at some point. (Game 3)

This means that skaven would get all their major characters and one named character from the armybook. Perfectly legitimate in my view. Tretch is no Ghorst nor Alberic.