Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

TROY Hotfix

A hotfix for TROY is now live.

Some players were experiencing crashes during resuming the campaign after a battle. This has now been addressed along with several other unrelated crashes.

Comments

• Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Registered Users Posts: 471
    ah oke, i'm sure people will enjoy such a patch

currently in download of the thing, moved to here since information on epic is a bit briefly

will the normal tw launcher be added to the game too ? @CA_James

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • StrikeTheBl00dStrikeTheBl00d Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 46
    you CA now don't even care to share the patch notes? what are you afraid of? or im just mistaken xD lookin on the site now
  • The_baronThe_baron Registered Users Posts: 650
    @CA_James

any further information about the fixes in the hotfix? I barely played the game and during this time I already encountered quite a number of issues from crashes when changing vsync settings during a campaign to armies not starting in battles in the wrong direction compared to the campaign map and the ability to trade for free in diplomacy and more.

Also, are there any plans for changing the display of AI's position towards an offer? I love that in Three Kingdoms and in Troy there is a number to display the overall reason but I find the details display to be unhelpful :/. So for example what is 'baseline' and why is it different from offer to offer, can I affect it as the player?

I would say that a good way to display it should be listed in a manner that is a bit more intuitive and clear to read while also understandable such as:

Personality (if the A.I. has a certain type of personality towards certain treaty / faction type / or diplomacy in general)
    trade value (the worth what what offers compared to what the ai desires)
    the general and relative strength (of faction / alliances / economic / settlement)
    the immediate strength (checking army positions compared to settlements and their importance of the faction the player and the allies of both and their ability to impact [such as loot, raid, capture or destroy the faction)

and much more ... at the moment except the trade value, I don't really see or understand how can I change those numbers which already seem to be written like it was a code and less as a user interface.
  • Dododo123Dododo123 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Where are the bug fixes with the tree? Many people have this problem
  • Legionar78Legionar78 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hi, please can you fix the food flow in the game !!! I play on Veteran difficulty and I don't understand how food works for you, or if it works, I play for Hector, I have all the lands of Anatolia, I have upgraded them well, I keep 6 Armies of 10-12 units on the stack, I built all the buildings responsible for the arrival of food, but I still leave strongly negative !!! I think that there is some imbalance with food, and it does not work correctly, in addition, I also have numerous bonuses for food, I chose from generals who have perks that are related to food, then I put agents of envoys in the provinces where food is obtained, that is, I tried to maximize the flow of food, but no matter how it works, I think you need to check this fact with food
  • StrikeTheBl00dStrikeTheBl00d Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 46
    Legionar78 you're talking about the supply line when you have more armies your upkeep rise more on veteran i had like 100% more food upkeep for just 3 army which is insane but i guess for balance purpose, i just modded the IA and the cheats that IA abuse. now it's more balanced!
  • BurtybowlcutBurtybowlcut Registered Users Posts: 1
    Anyone know if this fixes the bug about having recruited the maximum number of tier 5 centaurs. I built it and i cannot make any tier 5s because it says I have all i am allowed, despite having none.
  • TxawenTxawen Registered Users Posts: 3
    could you please post hotfix pacth notes, please, its been 6h since release but nowhere to be found what the heck did you fix
  • Dododo123Dododo123 Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited August 2020
    Txawen

They didn't fix anything at all, the main bugs remained
  • EmperorBorgEmperorBorg Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    I am not familiar with the Epic setup......but is the HOTFIX automatically uploaded when I launch game or do i need to download it somewhere? Steam will show it in the DOWNLOADS section......where is HOTFIX for crash....im getting it upon returning from saved game.....stuck and cant get past a defense of one of my islands. I am winning defense against a larger army whoot...then BOOM crash over and over.

• sebjustsebsebjustseb Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, please can you fix the food flow in the game !!! I play on Veteran difficulty and I don't understand how food works for you, or if it works, I play for Hector, I have all the lands of Anatolia, I have upgraded them well, I keep 6 Armies of 10-12 units on the stack, I built all the buildings responsible for the arrival of food, but I still leave strongly negative !!! I think that there is some imbalance with food, and it does not work correctly, in addition, I also have numerous bonuses for food, I chose from generals who have perks that are related to food, then I put agents of envoys in the provinces where food is obtained, that is, I tried to maximize the flow of food, but no matter how it works, I think you need to check this fact with food

Don't worry if you go to negative food income, you get food by fighting battles (in large amounts - at least 2.5k per large battle). If you really have a problem, consider sacking cities. But you shouldn't be worried about food too much. It's actually pretty hard to hit 0 food, and with 3-4 armies roaming around and killing armies/capturing cities every turn, even if the UI shows you have -5000 food, you might actually have a positive net income after battles are accounted for every turn. For this reason, upgrading your resources to the max too early is actually a resource sink, and not worth it.
    just crashed again....so how do we get this hotfix?
  • Satanus9002Satanus9002 Registered Users Posts: 2
    So where is the hotfix? I can't find it. Game is constantly crashing when trying to load a save.
  • Ad4mGAd4mG Registered Users Posts: 476
    edited August 2020

no need fix.

to get food just trade with other factions. offer them resources (wood, gold etc) and ask them for food.

you also use Abuse :)
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/270975/how-to-improve-relations-with-other-factions-yes-we-can-use-abuse-or-bug-or-feature
  • Ad4mGAd4mG Registered Users Posts: 476
  • RealnosuchnameRealnosuchname Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,495
    Give us a hotfix for chariots, doesnt make sense that a heavy chariots beats a heavy unit of spearmen from the front while they are braced.
    Auto resolving has been hugely improvement in warhammer 2, its far better compared to the first one, but it still needs some tweaking, especially the dark elves.
  • donvincenzoo1donvincenzoo1 Registered Users Posts: 11
    i am ok with chariots / but why i have now a blurry fog in the far of the screen in battle ?
  • Satanus9002Satanus9002 Registered Users Posts: 2
    tww2ranks said:

@EmperorBorg
    @Satanus9002

can you show PC spec?

i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz
    16GB DDR3
    GTX 1060 6GB

To be honest, I know my specs aren't the problem. I've played the game since launch every day without any issues. This problem started today. And I can't find any hotfix to manually download anywhere. The game says it's running version 8836 and I have auto-updates enabled of course.
    My settings are for auto updates in Epic and have restarted everything 3 times across the day.....never a note of any update occuring at anytime.....still crashes.

Where is this HOTFIX to download
    OR
    Where can we see if we have the most updated version that INCLUDES the HOTFIX......

because if I have it.....its not working as intended....and thus a NOT FIXED issue ehhehe
  • MacBlackHatMacBlackHat Registered Users Posts: 41
    Playing Odysseus on legendary & its going to be near impossible or at least very tedious. Due to the large negative happiness & due to his faction not being able to build properly on landlocked city's, even maxed out land locked regions will always be negative in happiness. That even includes all royal decrees towards happiness being unlocked. This means you need to always have an army stationed there, or move them continuously around to make up the negative stats, or hire priests to do the same thing. Either war because of the army food multiplayer & relatively low food supplies in general, both options leave you struggling for food. With that defences/attacking forces in the right places &/or less building space because your having to build temples to accommodate more priests.

While it probably can be done, i cant see it being to enjoyable & definitely puts him at a big disadvantage to say Sparta for example, plus hes pretty weak personally on top of all that.

Please buff him & his faction mechanics up, I think making the spy building a permanent structure before & after capture of a city should solve it as it supplies a happiness increase that will fix the gap essentially.

P.S Why has he got a lisp??
  • Aventus_MaximusAventus_Maximus Registered Users Posts: 471

Playing Odysseus on legendary & its going to be near impossible or at least very tedious. Due to the large negative happiness & due to his faction not being able to build properly on landlocked city's, even maxed out land locked regions will always be negative in happiness. That even includes all royal decrees towards happiness being unlocked. This means you need to always have an army stationed there, or move them continuously around to make up the negative stats, or hire priests to do the same thing. Either war because of the army food multiplayer & relatively low food supplies in general, both options leave you struggling for food. With that defences/attacking forces in the right places &/or less building space because your having to build temples to accommodate more priests.

While it probably can be done, i cant see it being to enjoyable & definitely puts him at a big disadvantage to say Sparta for example, plus hes pretty weak personally on top of all that.

Please buff him & his faction mechanics up, I think making the spy building a permanent structure before & after capture of a city should solve it as it supplies a happiness increase that will fix the gap essentially.

the true underdog!

Odysjieus ...ololol

focusing on the islands and coastal area's can relief some of the worries, i belief vouching for poseidon gets an extra 100 food per coastal setllement from level 2 worship and also don't forget you are supposed to be the advisor and not the leading army man

Male Parta Male Dilabuntur – ‘What has been wrongly gained is wrongly lost.’
    Fiat Lux – ‘Let there be light.’
    Alea Jacta Est – ‘The die is cast.’
  • beegee84beegee84 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 293
    Noticing lots of empty gold deposits on the map at the moment it has to be a bug im finding gold settlements with zero deposits in the first handful of turns
  • RealnosuchnameRealnosuchname Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,495
    edited August 2020

i am ok with chariots / but why i have now a blurry fog in the far of the screen in battle ?

You are ok with this??? :Dhttps://us.v-cdn.net/5022456/uploads/editor/rh/wzbwic6azp8p.png
    Auto resolving has been hugely improvement in warhammer 2, its far better compared to the first one, but it still needs some tweaking, especially the dark elves.
  • MacBlackHatMacBlackHat Registered Users Posts: 41

the true underdog!

Odysjieus ...ololol

focusing on the islands and coastal area's can relief some of the worries, i belief vouching for poseidon gets an extra 100 food per coastal setllement from level 2 worship and also don't forget you are supposed to be the advisor and not the leading army man
    Lols, hes supposed to be silver tongued not lisssp tongued!

Good point regarding the Poseidon worship increase, still going for coastal only will make it crazy difficult to defend, especially if your leaving the capitals for other factions as they'll no doubt want to complete the region by taking yours.

Overall I just think it leaves him at a bid disadvantage overall compared to the other factions. The extra port level increases & sea movement increases etc just do not come close to making that gap up in my opinion.
  • ldswldsw Registered Users Posts: 4
    I too would welcome a patch list describing what was fixed unless the only (hot)fix was the regular crashes. However, I would expect more from a 376Mb patch file.

- Some of the unique buildings' effects do not work: Afrodite's +200 favour isn't working, for example
    - Priam keeps giving whim quests every 8 turns for the same +10 favour... it does not stack
    - Priestess skills say -8 to happiness when mission on the settlement is successful (favour) but nothing happens
    - Priestess's favour mission can be a critical success but I don't seem to see any difference from the favour from a successful mission
    - Spy's poison the well mission is absolutely OP: can drain over 50% HP from every army unit compared to a crappy -4 morale penalty from priestess
    - The building that gives ammo only gives ammo to missile units rather than all units with ammunition (as stated) so Guards of Troy, for example, with 2 ammo don't get anything
    - There's several perks that increase ammo by % but some units still end with a net of +0 so a minimum +1 ammo would be better
    - Hero skill that gives -1 motivation if X god is Respected will also give the penalty if the god is worshipped (not in skill description)
    - You can steal unique weapons from epic heroes (I got Menelaus sceptre)
    - Chariot skill description doesn't indicate what the subskill increases: range, ammo...
    - There's no way to see a unit's accuracy so I've no idea if % accuracy bonus is worth it versus some other bonus
  • FrothiesNippleFrothiesNipple Registered Users Posts: 1
    Has anybody else noticed when you recruit a hero the upkeep cost is double what it says on the hero card?
  • TyphoonBlazeTyphoonBlaze Registered Users Posts: 157

Has anybody else noticed when you recruit a hero the upkeep cost is double what it says on the hero card?

that's called supply lines and was there since warhammer series i think
  • GloriousLegionGloriousLegion Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    Dododo123 said:

Where are the bug fixes with the tree? Many people have this problem

Dude your pc needs an upgrade. Those settings are LOW AF lol
  • hassyyhassyy Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited September 2020
    The game Graphics are great also I liked alot the new concept of multiple resources which is so realistic <3

I have some feedback so I want to report few annoying bugs I have noticed through playing Troy:

1) In Campaign map after selecting an active army (which is on "land") I can't order it to move to another "Land" spot directly if there is a "Sea" between them .... it will take path around the water and not go straight through the water then to the purpose land (Where moving through the water is much more closer than going around it ). in this case I have to order it in 2 steps which are to ask the army to go into the water then ask the army to go out of the water to the wanted spot.

2) In Battle:
    All of my Soldiers groups are staying Idle after finishing a group of enemy's army. So if I dont order them to attack another squad again they will keep standing still even that there might be alot of enemies squads "5 meters" beside them and they may be killed by enemy's archers while doing nothing. (I think there should be an option to let them aggressive or defencive in this case to decide attacking nearby enemies troops or not)

I hope this will help to make the game better.
    Thanks alot.
    Post edited by hassyy on
  • epic_159817030363AS6d3l9epic_159817030363AS6d3l9 Registered Users Posts: 103
    About multi resources- I guess they are only for this title and we are back to the old system, cuz no bartering in the newer titles.
    Maybe it can be implemented in Warhammer and some fantasy but Medieval 3, or any other newer title, dont.