Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hoping For a Supplies Rework In FoW

ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 33,546
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Supplies as of right now are pretty irrelevant and only become more so late in the game, you simply get too much of it and you even get supplies while in foreign territory.

My wishes would be that

#1 You can't resupply when you are not in your own territory. Any bonus to supplies instead increases the amount of supplies you can carry in total. This should also go for loot. You should not be able to gain loot automatically, albeit this time if you are in your own territory instead (no stealing from yourself)

#2 You have to spend supplies to initiate army actions, like battles, sieges, prepare ambushes or build forts. Enable battle intitiation for forced marches, but then double the amount of necessary supplies. Got no supplies and you can only defend and your ranged troops start evey battle with only 25% of their ammo

#3 If you are in allied lands, you should be able to request supplies as a diplomatic action

I am pretty dang tired of "deep striking" AI that marches through several regions from the edge of the map to seek quarrel with me. Supplies should be a safeguard against such actions.

Tagged:

Comments

• tadakatsutadakatsu Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 786
    while that sounds nice and all that would effectively mean the ai commits suicide cause we all know ai struggles alot with the more complicated mechanics or they get cheats to ignore it completely
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,272
    I've seen the A.I already cheat upkeep by having more armies then they should afford and when you look at the supply line cost in Troy being -34% food and -1% bronze income for upkeep on top the individual upkeep per unit I don't think Three Kingdoms needs a supply rework.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,546
    Vin362 said:

I've seen the A.I already cheat upkeep by having more armies then they should afford and when you look at the supply line cost in Troy being -34% food and -1% bronze income for upkeep on top the individual upkeep per unit I don't think Three Kingdoms needs a supply rework.

You have clearly no idea what this is about.

• RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,676
    Vin362 said:

To be a bit more "gentle", he's not talking about the "Supply Lines" (which increases upkeep for all armies as you field more armies and which is a "False Good Idea" imho) but about the supplies that each army have (that range from 0 to 100 and pretty much are only relevant early game)

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,934
    While I don't know about these suggestions in particular, I definitely think Supply needs a BIG rework. Right now I have literally never, ever worried about supply in game. Not counting bandit loot, that's different though.