Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How Confederation Ruins Campaigns

13»

Comments

• MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,803

Any post not containing arguments in favor of the current implementation of confederation but instead focussed on attacking me will be simply flagged.

I've grown tired of your vendetta trolling.

Need I remind you that this topic is in fact about your suggested alternative to the current implementation? Are you really getting offeded that in a topic you created about a suggestion you're making, that someone would actually ask you questions about your suggestion?
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Your very first post was extremely hostile, dismissing whatever I said out of hand. Of course you are not interested in discussing, you just want excuses to berate me. You are not even bold enough to actually take a firm position on the issue, just weaseling around so you don't have to defend anything and can keep attacking.

So if you want to further participate, take a stand.

How should confederation work?

• MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,803

Your very first post was extremely hostile, dismissing whatever I said out of hand. Of course you are not interested in discussing, you just want excuses to berate me. You are not even bold enough to actually take a firm position on the issue, just weaseling around so you don't have to defend anything and can keep attacking.

So if you want to further participate, take a stand.

How should confederation work?

My first post didn't mention you at all. Didn't berate you at all. Did ask better of this topic, though. Hardly something that qualifies as "extremely hostile". You're probably thinking of the first post I made today, which admittedly was a bit more to the point, but hardly unjustifiably so.

As for how confederation should work, I think it should be a bit more predictable and not something any of the major factions can use at will to grab land from minors of the same race whenever the major faction is under pressure. If that means the Dwarfs are gone then so be it.

I wouldn't mind if factions that are literally about to get wiped out are a bit more willing to grab a lifeline and get confederated into another faction.

And I wouldn't mind if extremely positive relations were a bit more important in talking the AI into agreeing to confederation in general. If we're at 200+ then it shouldn't require all kinds of shenanigans and half the kingdom's weight in gold to negotiate a yes, and AI factions on somewhat coordial terms shouldn't confederate just because.

I wouldn't mind if all armies of the confederated faction were disbanded and all agents wounded. Things like recruitment cost increases and upkeep increases would also be justifiable but maybe that's piling it on too much.

The morale of the story is, I still want confederation, but I'd like some of the worst nonsense reduced a bit. Confederation can be very strong as a power builder at the moment, and that could do with being toned down. On the other hand, the alternatives to a confederation would be to either fight and exterminate said faction, meaning a completely pointless civil war, or alternatively rely on the current diplomacy to "ally" with said faction, which is a far worse option.

It's not all that concrete, but then I'm not the one who created a topic about how confederation should absolutely work. I don't claim to have all the answers already.

Now, are you now going to explain why a 30 turn cooldown actually improves gameplay and why the cooldown should be 30 turns rather than 20 or 40?
  • innerpinnerp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 982

I have no interested convincing you of anything since you don't want to debate anything with me, you just want to score rhetorical points even if that means making a total ass of yourself.

What's even the point of you arguing with me when you don't actually want to argue? Did one of my ancestors once kick one of your ancestors in the groin and your family swore to eternally annoy me online?

i wanted to debate with you but when i gave your stats and facts you disappeared and wouldnt do me the same courtesy :(
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,104
    Thread closed. Some folks need to understand and abide by the Forum Terms & Conditions on discussion for or against the thread topic - especially the thread's OP.

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

This discussion has been closed.