Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Knowing about the exploit I can no longer enjoy the game.

14567810»

Comments

• EmrysorEmrysor Registered Users Posts: 423

VoxofWar said:

Again, this can all be solved by drinking your beer and petting your dog between turns.

Just replace watching the AI with something else.

Get out of here, and take your logic, reason and relaxedness with you. It obviously has no place in this thread, this exploit for a single player game seems super serious business to many!!!
    I'm really tired of repeating this, but I'm not going to use the exploit and that's not the problem.
    really, that's not the problem.
    What is the problem exactly?
    no, sorry, I'm too tired of repeating it.
    simply, you can read the previous posts, I will be standing here drinking soda water (I don't drink) and petting my cat.
    Ok. Since you're fine to reply but not discuss I went to the OP and found this line "The day they invent the "you win" button will be the day gaming dies.". Which is seemingly your argument. This argument is voided by the fact that it would be far easier to download and use a cheat mod than use this exploit.
    You don't have to download anything to use the Magic AI Paralysis Button.
    And?
    So it's already less effort than any cheat mod.
    Nope.
    There's not a single cheat mod that allows me to control the AI during its turn.
    This isn't controlling the AI.
    Your cavilling is noted, it however doesn't change the fact that you can control the AI during its turn.
    You are making this minor bug way more substantial than it already is. Given how long it took for them to fix the weapon strength bug, I rather want CA to fix other stuff. This is a minor inconvenience and low priority, since it is easy to choose not exploiting this. If you cannot help yourself I really do not know what to say because that is all on you not the game.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,813
    Emrysor said:

VoxofWar said:

Again, this can all be solved by drinking your beer and petting your dog between turns.

Get out of here, and take your logic, reason and relaxedness with you. It obviously has no place in this thread, this exploit for a single player game seems super serious business to many!!!
    I'm really tired of repeating this, but I'm not going to use the exploit and that's not the problem.
    simply, you can read the previous posts, I will be standing here drinking soda water (I don't drink) and petting my cat.
    Ok. Since you're fine to reply but not discuss I went to the OP and found this line "The day they invent the "you win" button will be the day gaming dies.". Which is seemingly your argument. This argument is voided by the fact that it would be far easier to download and use a cheat mod than use this exploit.
    And?
    Nope.
    There's not a single cheat mod that allows me to control the AI during its turn.
    Your cavilling is noted, it however doesn't change the fact that you can control the AI during its turn.
    You are making this minor bug way more substantial than it already is. Given how long it took for them to fix the weapon strength bug, I rather want CA to fix other stuff. This is a minor inconvenience and low priority, since it is easy to choose not exploiting this. If you cannot help yourself I really do not know what to say because that is all on you not the game.
    Nope, this bug completely destroys the game and yet is so easy to fix.

They should hotfix this ASAP.

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,170
    Oh lord save me from this game destroying backspace key.

I cannot cope with a bug that have absolutely ZERO impact on my game unless i as a player activate it, it´s just too much lord, save me!

"Yum Yum"
  • goremandgoremand Registered Users Posts: 144
    Emrysor said:

If you cannot help yourself I really do not know what to say because that is all on you not the game.

What is so wrong about lacking self-control? I am not a shaolin monk, sometimes I get emotional and make decisions I regret, that's why ironman exists in strategy games.
  • dorianbaroquedorianbaroque Registered Users Posts: 53
    Reeks said:

Oh lord save me from this game destroying backspace key.

I cannot cope with a bug that have absolutely ZERO impact on my game unless i as a player activate it, it´s just too much lord, save me!

nobody asked you to.
    I have never pretended that this issue was a problem for you, but I find it irritating that everyone pretends that the exploit shouldn't be a problem for me.
  • UniemaUniema Registered Users Posts: 5
    Exploiters are going to exploit and wish they didn't.

Non-exploiters are going to say they don't exploit the game, but secretly love exploiting the game.
    edited August 2020
    Emrysor said:

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.
    and, sorry, but who asked you to say something?
    Let's be honest, it's a video game, there are no "serious" bugs but I paid for it and I want it to work well. If they fix the other bugs too, better, but this doesn't seem complicated and "infects" several games in the series.
    Emrysor said:

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.

Emrysor said:

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.
    and, sorry, but who asked you to say something?
    ok, seriously, I don't want to be disrespectful (though, with some of you I don't think you need kindness) I wanted a bug fixed, and apparently it will (I hope, I don't wish I celebrated too soon) you want more bugs to come correct, and what have you done to make it happen?
    did you write in the forum? have you contacted the CA? and how many people have told you, oh well, who cares, there are other problems, like this other bug, this other exploit and hunger in the world.

Let's be honest, it's a video game, there are no "serious" bugs but I paid for it and I want it to work well. If they fix the other bugs too, better, but this doesn't seem complicated and "infects" several games in the series.
    edited August 2020
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,853
    edited August 2020

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.
    Cavilling. Nice word!
    It's perfect for you!
    Not really. Pedantic would be better. Or flippant. Flippant is a good word.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • Dardis81Dardis81 Registered Users Posts: 265
    edited August 2020
    Dear lord, 10 pages for the backspace exploit?

Imagine what it is going to be like when someone finds the others?
    Post edited by Dardis81 on
  • D4B0SSD4B0SS Registered Users Posts: 221
    Emrysor said:

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.
    if you dont like MP ok but what about players who plays MP 1x1? dont care, yes?
  • FritzFritz Registered Users Posts: 49
    Who cares. It’s a SP game, if you can’t win without cheating it’s only affecting you. I want to have fun and win my way so I don’t use it. It would be different if it was a multiplayer game. Done, I fixed it.
    Fritz said:

Who cares. It’s a SP game, if you can’t win without cheating it’s only affecting you. I want to have fun and win my way so I don’t use it. It would be different if it was a multiplayer game. Done, I fixed it.

it work in multiplayer. done, you don't fixed it