Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Knowing about the exploit I can no longer enjoy the game.

Comments

• VoxofWarVoxofWar Member Registered Users Posts: 289

Again, this can all be solved by drinking your beer and petting your dog between turns.

Just replace watching the AI with something else.

Get out of here, and take your logic, reason and relaxedness with you. It obviously has no place in this thread, this exploit for a single player game seems super serious business to many!!!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,715
    It needs such little self control to simply not use this bug that while it should be fixed it's effectively a non issue.
    Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.

I apologize in advance/currently for everything I say between 15/04 and probably 29/04
  • dorianbaroquedorianbaroque Registered Users Posts: 53
    VoxofWar said:

Again, this can all be solved by drinking your beer and petting your dog between turns.

Get out of here, and take your logic, reason and relaxedness with you. It obviously has no place in this thread, this exploit for a single player game seems super serious business to many!!!
    I'm really tired of repeating this, but I'm not going to use the exploit and that's not the problem.
    really, that's not the problem.

VoxofWar said:

I'm really tired of repeating this, but I'm not going to use the exploit and that's not the problem.
    What is the problem exactly?
    Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.

I apologize in advance/currently for everything I say between 15/04 and probably 29/04

VoxofWar said:

no, sorry, I'm too tired of repeating it.
    simply, you can read the previous posts, I will be standing here drinking soda water (I don't drink) and petting my cat.
    edited August 2020

VoxofWar said:

simply, you can read the previous posts, I will be standing here drinking soda water (I don't drink) and petting my cat.
    Ok. Since you're fine to reply but not discuss I went to the OP and found this line "The day they invent the "you win" button will be the day gaming dies.". Which is seemingly your argument. This argument is voided by the fact that it would be far easier to download and use a cheat mod than use this exploit.

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,627

VoxofWar said:

Ok. Since you're fine to reply but not discuss I went to the OP and found this line "The day they invent the "you win" button will be the day gaming dies.". Which is seemingly your argument. This argument is voided by the fact that it would be far easier to download and use a cheat mod than use this exploit.
    You don't have to download anything to use the Magic AI Paralysis Button.

VoxofWar said:

how can it be easier. you know, true, that it is enough to hold down backspace (you don't need to press it at the right moment) to skip the AI's turn. and then, once modded, the game is no longer the same.
    Counter-Strike is a Half Life mod, but it's certainly not the same game.
    To put it simply, CA has already eliminated, for obvious and right reasons, several exploits before, (oathgold and the lore of the vampires cure) and in the game, there has never been an exploit worse than this.
    guys, look, I know this exploit can be avoided (like any other exploit) but that's not a good reason to leave it. The games we buy (at a high price, considering the dlc) it is right that they are polish and balanced. As long as this exploit remains, tww2 and any other total war, there will be neither one nor the other.

VoxofWar said:

And?

VoxofWar said:

And?
    So it's already less effort than any cheat mod.

VoxofWar said:

And?
    I think his point is: if you download a mod, you change the game. it will no longer be tww2, it will be something else.
    edited August 2020

VoxofWar said:

how can it be easier. you know, true, that it is enough to hold down backspace (you don't need to press it at the right moment) to skip the AI's turn. and then, once modded, the game is no longer the same.
    Counter-Strike is a Half Life mod, but it's certainly not the same game.
    To put it simply, CA has already eliminated, for obvious and right reasons, several exploits before, (oathgold and the lore of the vampires cure) and in the game, there has never been an exploit worse than this.
    Go to steam workshop for TWW2 > Search cheat mods > Download one. That's a lot easier than sitting between turns spamming backspace.

It is absolutely a "you win" button. It's also easier than this minor bug. The existence of cheat mods don't make the game worse for you; just don't use it. The existence of this bug doesn't make the game worse for you; just don't use it.

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.

VoxofWar said:

And?
    I think his point is: if you download a mod, you change the game. it will no longer be tww2, it will be something else.
    I'll let them make their own points.

If you download a mod for TWW2 you still are playing TWW2. It's not some pure, holy thing which needs to be completely CA's work otherwise it's nothing. That's not how gaming works.

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.
    There's not a single cheat mod that allows me to control the AI during its turn.

I try to clarify my point regarding the mods. in a previous post, you asked CA to improve the siege battle, right, well, there is a mod to do it (I don't know if I can post the link, but it was very easy to find, it's on steam workshop). even without mods, if you face siege battles with infantry only, you won't have the problem of the AFK AI.
    The point is: it's not the players' job to ignore the problem, it's the softerhouse's job to correct it.

VoxofWar said:

And?
    I'll let them make their own points.

If you download a mod for TWW2 you still are playing TWW2. It's not some pure, holy thing which needs to be completely CA's work otherwise it's nothing. That's not how gaming works.
    it's a loophole. Does the game have a problem? modd it. the game has an exploit, who cares, after all it is as if it were modded.
    things don't have to be like that.
    it's a loophole. Does the game have a problem? modd it. the game has an exploit, who cares, after all it is as if it were modded.
    things don't have to be like that.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,264
    Moved to TW Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.
    There's not a single cheat mod that allows me to control the AI during its turn.
    This isn't controlling the AI.

I try to clarify my point regarding the mods. in a previous post, you asked CA to improve the siege battle, right, well, there is a mod to do it (I don't know if I can post the link, but it was very easy to find, it's on steam workshop). even without mods, if you face siege battles with infantry only, you won't have the problem of the AFK AI.
    The point is: it's not the players' job to ignore the problem, it's the softerhouse's job to correct it.

Siege battles are a far vaster problem than this bug.

If you were saying this bug is annoying that's one thing. Saying it ruins the game or makes it no longer enjoyable is entirely different. Even for the much bigger problem of Siege battles I never claimed it stopped my enjoyment. Now I'm not saying download a mod, I'm saying that if this exploit ruins the game because it is a "win" button, then by your own logic a cheat mod does the exact same thing. Only it's easier.

The way to get around this bug is to simply not use it. It's that easy. Siege battles can't be ignored so easily.

Siege battles are a far vaster problem than this bug.

If you were saying this bug is annoying that's one thing. Saying it ruins the game or makes it no longer enjoyable is entirely different. Even for the much bigger problem of Siege battles I never claimed it stopped my enjoyment. Now I'm not saying download a mod, I'm saying that if this exploit ruins the game because it is a "win" button, then by your own logic a cheat mod does the exact same thing. Only it's easier.

The way to get around this bug is to simply not use it. It's that easy. Siege battles can't be ignored so easily.
    the way I enjoy the game is completely personal. sorry, but I'm going to be a little tough at this point. I don't want to disrespect you, also because I find your point of view valid. but i won't let you tell me what allows me to enjoy the game, what is not.
    however, this post has lost some of its meaning. I have yet to find the source, but from what I read on reddit, after the recent posts CA decided to fix this thing at last.

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.
    Your cavilling is noted, it however doesn't change the fact that you can control the AI during its turn.

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.
    Your cavilling is noted, it however doesn't change the fact that you can control the AI during its turn.
    Cavilling. Nice word!

• UniemaUniema Registered Users Posts: 5
    Making your way in total war today
    Takes everything you got
    Taking a break from all your worries
    It sure would help a lot
    And sometimes you just want Skaven to go away
    Thats why I hit backspace all dayyyyy!
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,089
    Let´s start a support group for people who have issues leaving their backspace key alone.

#BackspaceIsAddictive

#RefrainingFromPressingTheButtonIsNoSmallThing

Ps: Anyone know where i can buy myself a big o´l flask of liquid self control?

"Yum Yum"
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

VoxofWar said:

And?
    Nope.
    Reeks said:

Let´s start a support group for people who have issues leaving their backspace key alone.

#BackspaceIsAddictive

#RefrainingFromPressingTheButtonIsNoSmallThing

Ps: Anyone know where i can buy myself a big o´l flask of liquid self control?

I have never intended to use backspace and I will not use it, people who think that this is the only problem make me "curious" (we can say so). however, soon it will no longer be a "issue". on reddit I read that CA is working on fixing it and Legend, in a recent stream, confirmed it.
    a tip: write to CA about the bugs that bother you, it seems it works, you can create a post like: KNOWING ABOUT THE SIEGE DOOR BUG, I CAN NO LONGER ENJOY THE GAME.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,089
    "I can no longer enjoy the game because a bug that have absolutely ZERO impact on game-play if i just refrain from activating it is present"

#SelfcontrolIsAVirtue

"Yum Yum"