Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Backspace bug to the resque, 2 reasons why its good

BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 766
edited August 2020 in Total War General Chat
My cup is usually half full so:

When starting a new campaign you can in theory relocate without the use of mods; thats nice!

When sailing on the sea you can avoid those insane 30+ level armies that are there for some reason killing everything - thats preeeety sweet since i kinda find them silly at the start of the campaign.

Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,959
    .... I hope you agree though it needs to go urgently.

• BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 766
    edited August 2020
    Okay, well sure why not, the bug doesnt bother me but if it bothers alot of people, take it :D
  • innerpinnerp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 982
    BrynjarK said:

When starting a new campaign you can in theory relocate without the use of mods; thats nice!

When sailing on the sea you can avoid those insane 30+ level armies that are there for some reason killing everything - thats preeeety sweet since i kinda find them silly at the start of the campaign.

those pirates kill you and only you which makes them pretty crap
    innerp said:

BrynjarK said:

those pirates kill you and only you which makes them pretty crap
    Yeah also they rule the sea for the first 20 levels so crossing the ocean is suicide early game. BUT NOT with the blessed bug :D
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,715
    edited August 2020
    Each to their own.

I think much hullabaloo is being made about nothing. If you have any semblance of self control the bug is at worst an ideological issue. You literally have to manually press backspace mid turn.
    Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.

I apologize in advance/currently for everything I say between 15/04 and probably 29/04
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    "You see, as king, you must find the good in any situation."

Longshanks, Braveheart
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,129
    I find people’s reaction to this bug odd. If there was a cheat code IDDQD, would you use it? I assume not, or if you would that’s also fine.

My point is knowing there’s a bug which is basically cheat mode doesn’t mean you now must use it. I literally couldn’t care less if they didn’t patch... nothing has changed in the game for me
    Thing is it's literally easier to download a cheat mod than to use this. Should cheat mods be banned too?
    Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.

I apologize in advance/currently for everything I say between 15/04 and probably 29/04
    STOP - this is why the bug is awesome thread.

I've listed my reasons for why i might use it in game
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,633
    Theo91 said:

I find people’s reaction to this bug odd. If there was a cheat code IDDQD, would you use it? I assume not, or if you would that’s also fine.

My point is knowing there’s a bug which is basically cheat mode doesn’t mean you now must use it. I literally couldn’t care less if they didn’t patch... nothing has changed in the game for me

If the IDDQD cheat was permanently on, would you suggest people bothered by it should just close the game whenever they receive lethal damage?

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,089
    edited August 2020
    ^ How legend of Total war must enjoy the debate... some people just wanna watch the world burn
    LoL, and the apologists blabbed that no one would use this and hence CA doesn't need to fix it.

Of course it was all BS.

LoL, and the apologists blabbed that no one would use this and hence CA doesn't need to fix it.

Of course it was all BS.

Hey, it's useful under certain situations.

Of course it was all BS.

Yeah, so would be invulnerable troops and infinite money.

Man, I like it when people make such great, melodramatic proclamations and mock people disagreeing with them only to immediately do a full 180 when they think they have backup. Yep, people want CA to not fix this because they plan to abuse it. Just as I predicted.

Can someone please refer me to a counselor that can teach me to deal with the mind tearing need i have to press my backspace keyboard button when i´m playing Total War games?

"Yum Yum"
    edited August 2020

Of course it was all BS.

Yeah, so would be invulnerable troops and infinite money.

Man, I like it when people make such great, melodramatic proclamations and mock people disagreeing with them only to immediately do a full 180 when they think they have backup. Yep, people want CA to not fix this because they plan to abuse it. Just as I predicted.
    Yes, you are right! The light shines and we are numerous! Craven no more with a score or more infront of us to stiffen our spines.

LoL, it was never about wIlLPoWEr, it was always about people wanting exploits to remain so they can abuse them. Don't bother pretending anymore, you want this because you like the game as dumbed down as possible.

Theo91 said:

If the IDDQD cheat was permanently on, would you suggest people bothered by it should just close the game whenever they receive lethal damage?
    What are you talking about, how is it permanently on 🤣 you literally have to press the backspace for something to happen. The fact that no one noticed before shows it’s not a big deal
    Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

What are you talking about, how is it permanently on 🤣 you literally have to press the backspace for something to happen. The fact that no one noticed before shows it’s not a big deal
    Any time the AI gets to attack me, it's because I allowed it to do so because the AI can't move if I don't want it to.

So sorry, the cheat turns the whole game into even more of a farce than before.

This thread is madness. The idea that someone would press the backspace key and then be mad that CA ruined their game 🤣🤣
    Theo91 said:

This thread is madness. The idea that someone would press the backspace key and then be mad that CA ruined their game 🤣🤣

You mean press backspace then be happy because your game is better.

edited August 2020
    Theo91 said:

Buddy, people are already making excuses why this should remain and that it's "useful".

CA ruined the game with their lack of quality control.

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Any time the AI gets to attack me, it's because I allowed it to do so because the AI can't move if I don't want it to.

Just don’t press the button. I assume you’ve ploughed hundreds if not thousands of hours into this game, without pressing backspace, so clearly you are capable of playing this game without pressing it, just continue like that and you’ll be fine
    Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Just don’t press the button. I assume you’ve ploughed hundreds if not thousands of hours into this game, without pressing backspace, so clearly you are capable of playing this game without pressing it, just continue like that and you’ll be fine
    Here's a question, why shouldn't I use this any time the AI is poised to attack me?

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Here's a question, why shouldn't I use this any time the AI is poised to attack me?
    You’ve paid Money for a game where the premise is for the ai to attack you. The goal is to strategically better the ai.

That’s at least my expectation when I play the game. Just because I can undo that doesn’t mean I’ll want to
    Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

You’ve paid Money for a game where the premise is for the ai to attack you. The goal is to strategically better the ai.

That’s at least my expectation when I play the game. Just because I can undo that doesn’t mean I’ll want to
    But then since I have a legal tool to stunlock the AI, it would be strategically better to always make use of it. Why allow attacks you can avert with minimal effort?

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

i can so i will as i need i simply HAVE TO!

"Yum Yum"
    Reeks said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

i can so i will as i need i simply HAVE TO!
    I have to ask, am i being duped? Is this one of those moments where it's too easy to get people to take this forum too seriously and people are pretending to be outraged by this glitch to get a reaction out of people like me? Have i taken the bait on this???
    Man, this is such a great game. Full of things you shouldn't do and not make use of. No doomstacking, no buffstacking, no abusing the economy, no magically snapping factions out of the game, let the AI attack you even though this is no longer a necessity...play the game skillfully with every tool the devs gave you and it becomes worse.

Isn't it great that this game requires discipline so you don't win it too easily? It's like the devs completely flunked at how games are supposed to work.