Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Medusa Analysis & Changes

2»

Comments

• The_real_FAUST#6885The_real_FAUST#6885 Registered Users Posts: 2,112
    I took it vs sooth in some finals and got 112 kills with it I'm pretty comfortable talking about it.

Wanting to buff it doesn't mean that all buffs are appropriate

Longer range would be inappropriate.

Fixing her physics and animations would give a better idea of how she actually performs rather than introducing weird abilities and stat buffs which serve to try and hide an underlying problem.
  • vizareshvizaresh Registered Users Posts: 225
    edited August 2020

I took it vs sooth in some finals and got 112 kills with it I'm pretty comfortable talking about it.

Wanting to buff it doesn't mean that all buffs are appropriate

Longer range would be inappropriate.

Fixing her physics and animations would give a better idea of how she actually performs rather than introducing weird abilities and stat buffs which serve to try and hide an underlying problem.

I didn't suggest any weird stat buffs.

-Medusa can't shoot over infantry and any unevenness on the ground obstruct this unit's vision to shoot, which was -not intended. it was designed by this in mind that is should be able to shoot.
    -the problem can not be fixed as it is an animation one and the animations can't be changed. (at least till now)
    -the unit needs to be further than your frontline. so it's going to be exposed and it is in need of constant repositioning.

so I suggested faster movement and turn rate plus fixing the staggering bug.

I know you are a good player, but just picking and winning a match does not mean the unit is not flawed.
    I have picked medusa and forgot about it mid-game but in the end, I used it as a tank so Morathi can charge into the back of Franz. I don't know how good my opponent was but I have won that game, but that does not mean the Medusa is a good unit.

The unit is flawed and needs something. if not our suggestions, fine but it still needs something so it can be more appealing to bring in some armies.

edited August 2020
    I'm all in favour of buffing her. It's the way we go about it which is the contentious point that's all.

And thr cheap shot saying people against buffs haven't used her.. Not that you said that.

Those suggestions of yours like the LOS are exactly the right solution 👍 to note though I lost that game to sooth 💀😂

Turn rate also okay, speed less so, she will just become another scourgerunner if she becomes too fast.

She just needs help doing what she currently does properly rather than full reworks. She's quite a finesse unit.

I'm all in favour of buffing her. It's the way we go about it which is the contentious point that's all.

And thr cheap shot saying people against buffs haven't used her.. Not that you said that.

Those suggestions of yours like the LOS are exactly the right solution 👍 to note though I lost that game to sooth 💀😂

Turn rate also okay, speed less so, she will just become another scourgerunner if she becomes too fast.

She just needs help doing what she currently does properly rather than full reworks. She's quite a finesse unit.

The comment I made about players was not an absolute statement, I said I think that they didn’t play the unit and I was talking about green0 that stating that with any buffs the unit might become OP and not offering any solutions.

I don't have any problem with the unit or it’s place in DE roaster. The problem is because of the bugs it can’t do what it suppose to do. If the bugs can be fixed great. If not I suggested some work arounds that might help.

If the Unit bugs cannot be fixed, my suggestion are these changes:

1. 8 more speed
    2. Slight more turn speed
    3. More mass

First two changes help medusa reposition
    And is a work around for LoS issue.
    As for the last solution, I think it should be implemented only in a case where CA can’t fix the stagger bug.
  • Lotus_Moon#2452Lotus_Moon#2452 Registered Users Posts: 12,358
    Needs more range at current, +25 range could make it a viable unit.
  • Loupi#8512Loupi#8512 Registered Users Posts: 3,781
    Green0 said:

would be super broken and the best skirmish unit in the game lol.
    What? I guess salamander is even more broken. It does more damage, more range, more speed and it's cheaper.

• UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    I really think the major take away from this post and OPs video is the unit is objectively not functioning correctly. It's bugged and simply fixing these would inherently be a buff. I don't think there's a need to buff it stat wise until CA can fix its bugs or at least just the staggering issue.
    Simply giving it more armour or range or melee attack would still mean it's glitched as all hell. That should be the priority for the unit.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 7,031
    Yea i think it could get 25 more range, it's still a short range direct los attack that is rather expensive. If that happens I think you could consider -10 range on scourgerunners too, the need for them to have the longest range would be less pressing.
    Don't fear the knockdown. Control it. Embrace it. Love it! :smile:
    Green0 said:

would be super broken and the best skirmish unit in the game lol.
    It still be worse and more expensive than asally so i dunno what to say to this, comment other than you likely dont think its a bad unit now where i consider it utter trash at the moment.

Or keep it like now but give it fire on the move, it would make it unique which be offset by lower range i think it be fun but balanced on it.
    A Medusa with 150 range would be broken. It's not short range anymore it's just below crossbows on a highly mobile unit.

That's far too much for an instant hit projectile attack faster than even gunpowder.

The answer for LOS issues isn't more range, that creates other problems that then still doesn't resolve her LOS at 125M

This is just what I warned of above.

You might as well give organ guns, thunderers, handgunners, iron drakes. Warfare throwers, hellblasters all extra range as well if LOS issues are enough justification

Notably the Medusa is already better able to reposition than almost any other direct fire units

As I said. She needs support doing what she already does properly rather than weird buffs which would make her unbalanced.

An ancient Sally is already a good unit able to rack up huge kills if used with finesse a Medusa is much the same other than that she doesn't function how she should due to non stat related problems.
    It would not be broken it would still be a meh unit that might be used soemtimes.

Its crap at 125m range as it stands.

In the next few days, I'm going to post some more quick battles I've done with medusa.
    I'm ranked around 200-300 in the ladder so I think I represent the players who are ok at MP.

I hope you guys play with medusa yourselves and see how you do and show your findings so CA has more
    data on the performance of this unit.
  • Noob_for_Life#5674Noob_for_Life#5674 Registered Users Posts: 511
    I hang out around top 50 ladder players and I’m dog sh*t. No offense I just don’t think ranking matters or is necessary to mention. Also Medusa’s problems are pretty self evident it will just be up to CA if they care to fix it or not.
    edited September 2020
    the point of telling people my rank was that viewers know I'm not a good player so, in places that I might not be able to use medusa to its full potential, others might. I'm not sure what is it that you are insinuating. I'm not bragging about my rank nor am I saying I'm bad. being in the middle of the pack in the MP ladder which most players are, means that the experience is more accruing for more people.

these videos are an answer to those who said a medusa is a viable unit. as I'm fairly certain that most people who are against buffing medusa either don't play DE, don't pick medusa, or just don't care about the unit, I just want to show how this unit does in MP battles and hope CA pays attention and has the time and resources to fix them.

• Noob_for_Life#5674Noob_for_Life#5674 Registered Users Posts: 511
    edited September 2020
    Once again my dude ladder rank means nothing and is a terrible judge of skill like I said I’m around rank 50 and me and you could be similar skill levels. So I don’t think it’s worth mentioning at all. Also Medusa is a viable unit it’s just not a good unit because it can’t do it’s designed task of fight other monsters or even cav. You can use Medusa and win games missile attack is good and it’s still a decent speed terror causing monster. It just get constantly knocked over and staggered in combat this has been a evident problem since release I dout people really need more evidence of how much it flails around in combat. Medusa doesn’t need buffs currently just needs to stagger and fall over less. But Honestly I dout CA does anything as Medusa isn’t the only unit with these type of issues. Edit: Think if you had said how many hours you have in MP could be better judge of your experience.