Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Backspace exploit works in multiplayer campaigns too

TheVindex58TheVindex58 Registered Users Posts: 11
edited August 2020 in Total War General Chat
You can annoy your friends. Don't actually do that. Just posting it for CA to see it.
It's time to fix this bug.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 3,633
    Yes-yes.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,804
    Here's an idea; have a tiny amount of self control and don't use it. It's that simple.

I don't know why this minor bug has so much attention.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • TheVindex58TheVindex58 Registered Users Posts: 11

Here's an idea; have a tiny amount of self control and don't use it. It's that simple.

Because it works in multiplayer. MULTI P.L.A.Y.E.R.
    you can have all the self-control you want, but your opponent can be an ****
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,132

This is it.

Tbh I don’t even thing it takes much self control to not use it. For example I wouldn’t say people who don’t use cheat mods exude self discipline, not cheating in a game you play on your own is the default
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 19,817
    Well why should anyone use it to completely destroy a campaign?

If you play a Multiplayer campaign just make a rule to not use that exploit and if the other players uses it just end the campaign. It’s easy as that.

If people want to use it in their SP campaigns, let them. It doesn’t affect your own game experience since it is not a competitive game.

I personally couldn’t care less about that bug. Never even tried if it works and never will. I play the game for fun so why should I destroy that fun with cheating?

CA should focus on gamebreaking bugs.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    I try again, it works in multiplayer
    M.U.L.T.I.P.L.A.Y.E.R.
    it's like CA has given all its players some cheats.
    ArneSo said:

If you play a Multiplayer campaign just make a rule to not use that exploit and if the other players uses it just end the campaign. It’s easy as that.

If people want to use it in their SP campaigns, let them. It doesn’t affect your own game experience since it is not a competitive game.

I personally couldn’t care less about that bug. Never even tried if it works and never will. I play the game for fun so why should I destroy that fun with cheating?

Are you joking?
    what is it, someone has dissolved pills in your water.
    you can't be serious.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 771
    edited August 2020
    This is ridiculous. It works in multiplayer and we're still saying it's nothing?

It's a bug.

Fix it.

As to why someone would use it to completely destroy a campaign? Easy, cause they're losing, for a laugh, and because it's available and recently quite well known.

Game breaking bugs should be fixed, no one is contesting that, but so does this.

ArneSo said:

Are you joking?
    what is it, someone has dissolved pills in your water.
    you can't be serious.
    No why should I be joking?

Just end the campaign if your opponent is cheating. It’s easy as that. Both of you play the game for fun and if one is cheating, just quit. It’s easy as that.
    ArneSo said:

Just end the campaign if your opponent is cheating. It’s easy as that. Both of you play the game for fun and if one is cheating, just quit. It’s easy as that.
    It shouldn't be possible to cheat base game. Your argument is ridiculous, it shouldn't be an option in the first place.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,804

Yeah but I'm assuming you're playing multiplayer campaigns with a person you like?
    I mean... just don't be a d*ck to your friends?

Should this bug be fixed? Yes
    It is a horrifying travesty? No
    ArneSo said:

or yes, I imagine Activision saying: well, obviously Warzone players might cheat, but I'm sure nobody will. They will use their self control. after all, they are here to have fun.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 3,633
    It’s not even a bug, it reeks of Dev tool. Keyword Dev, us players shouldn’t be able to use it.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.

Caps locks with full stops in between. Points for creativity.

H2H MP campaigns always require house rules. If your partner is that weak just don't play with them.
    MrDragon said:

Yeah but I'm assuming you're playing multiplayer campaigns with a person you like?
    I mean... just don't be a d*ck to your friends?

Should this bug be fixed? Yes
    It is a horrifying travesty? No
    I'll at least take you're saying it should be fixed. My main issue is the amount of people who seem to be saying to pay no mind to this.
    Theo91 said:

This is it.

Tbh I don’t even thing it takes much self control to not use it. For example I wouldn’t say people who don’t use cheat mods exude self discipline, not cheating in a game you play on your own is the default
    Downloading and using a cheat mod is easier than this. It's literally at that level.

I'm seriously puzzled as to how this non issue has so much attention lately. It's easy; just don't ruin your or your friends campaigns on purpose.
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 793
    ArneSo said:

But of course you won't know if they don't do it to armies you can't see, eg. giving themselves a much easier early game to get ahead.

Theo91 said:

This is it.

Downloading and using a cheat mod is easier than this. It's literally at that level.

I'm seriously puzzled as to how this non issue has so much attention lately. It's easy; just don't ruin your or your friends campaigns on purpose.
    The option to do so shouldn't exist in a base unmodded game. Come on, I get you don't hold it to any importance but surely you agree a game with competitive multiplayer settings shouldn't have built in cheats?
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,804

ArneSo said:

But of course you won't know if they don't do it to armies you can't see, eg. giving themselves a much easier early game to get ahead.
    Then they're d*cks for cheating and probably shouldn't be playing games with you if you care about some integrity.

Just trust your friends or don't play with them.
    Vildvarg said:

Theo91 said:

This is it.

The option to do so shouldn't exist in a base unmodded game. Come on, I get you don't hold it to any importance but surely you agree a game with competitive multiplayer settings shouldn't have built in cheats?
    Make House rules. If someone breaks these rules, kick him out. Problem solved.

ArneSo said:

Why should anyone be such a d***?
    edited August 2020

Fix the bug. Problem solved

Theo91 said:

This is it.

and you never thought: maybe the problem is not them?
    ArneSo said:

Vildvarg said:

Theo91 said:

This is it.

Make House rules. If someone breaks these rules, kick him out. Problem solved.
    Fix the bug. Problem solved
    Yes sure but there are more important things that have a higher priority for obvious reasons.

The fact that this bug exists for 3 years and the majority didn’t even realise it shows how unimportant that bug is compared to things that are really game breaking.

It’s really a non issue and doesn’t effect your game experience at all.

• MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 156
    It's a bug. Bugs should be fixed. Nothing more to say.
    Malruir said:

It’s a low priority bug without any impact on the game experience.

It should be fixed at some point yes, but it is really not a big deal at all.
    ArneSo said:

Malruir said:

it has been in the game for years and is present in several titles, I would say its time has come, what do you think?
    edited August 2020

ArneSo said:

Malruir said:

it has been in the game for years and is present in several titles, I would say its time has come, what do you think?
    I think that there are more important things that actually have an impact on the campaign.

3 years and nobody even realised that bug...
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 793
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Why should anyone be such a d***?
    Have you seen the Internet?
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 556
    And now for the weather... Gale force winds and torrential rain predicted in the teacup.

Just another day on the forums I see.