Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Backspace exploit works in multiplayer campaigns too

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,601
    No fix too big, no bug too small.

This should be brought to CA's attention and fix as fast as possible.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,539

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Here's an idea; have a tiny amount of self control and don't use it. It's that simple.

I don't know why this minor bug has so much attention.

Because it works in multiplayer. MULTI P.L.A.Y.E.R.
    you can have all the self-control you want, but your opponent can be an ****
    Just end the campaign if your opponent is cheating. It’s easy as that. Both of you play the game for fun and if one is cheating, just quit. It’s easy as that.
    But of course you won't know if they don't do it to armies you can't see, eg. giving themselves a much easier early game to get ahead.
    Why should anyone be such a d***?
    Have you seen the Internet?
    What is Internet? Jokes aside, most Multiplayer campaigns are with a friend or people you have contact with, so with house rules you can easily prevent cheating.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    To the people who keep prattling on about "willpower". What have you gained when you insult the people who don't like this exploit and call them weak-willed losers for complaining about it?

Do you lose anything if CA fixes this ASAP? No.
    Do you win anything by smugly posturing about it? No, you just manage to look like a bunch of arrogant jerks.

So, if you don't care about this bug, more power to you, but that doesn't mean everyone else needs to fall in line with you over this and you gain absolutely nothing trying to make it so.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,539

To the people who keep prattling on about "willpower". What have you gained when you insult the people who don't like this exploit and call them weak-willed losers for complaining about it?

Do you win anything by smugly posturing about it? No, you just manage to look like a bunch of arrogant jerks.

So, if you don't care about this bug, more power to you, but that doesn't mean everyone else needs to fall in line with you over this and you gain absolutely nothing trying to make it so.

Should it be fixed? Yes.

Is it important? No.

Are there higher priority bugs? Yes.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    ArneSo said:

Should it be fixed? Yes.

Is it important? No.

You helped exactly no one saying that, including yourself. It's like you replied without even reading my post.
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,715

It's seriously bizarre. I didn't think T-posing hero bug from a few months back was a big deal, but you didn't see me jumping into every thread about the subject going: 'OMG, it's just a minor graphics bug. Don't worry about it!' I recognized that my priorities were different and focused on those.

I swear, no exploits would ever get fixed if these people had it their way.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,820

ArneSo said:

Should it be fixed? Yes.

Is it important? No.

You helped exactly no one saying that, including yourself. It's like you replied without even reading my post.
    He's pointing out people are whinging far more loudly about this bug. The tone is as if it's some fatal wound, killing the game.
    I don't think anybody disagrees with that its a bug and should be fixed. Just the drama around it seems disproportionate.

Also, you are the very last person who should be complaining about insulting people when 90% of your contributions on this forum is some variation of: "The game is too easy and people who disagree with me are bad and need to 'git gud' because they do not understand game design, unlike me, a master game designer who is always right."

So forgive me if I find your attack on @ArneSo a little hypocritical.
    edited August 2020
    Exactly. There are things I rate low-priority, but I don't barge into threads about, say, the Kroxigor texture bug and call people a bunch of overly-sensitive sissies because they care about it more than I do and tell them that this matters little and CA should take their time. If CA fixed this, I'd profit from a more polished game too after all.

This is not about gameplay preferences, this is about bugs. There's never anything good coming from letting a company know you care little about QA.
  • D4B0SSD4B0SS Registered Users Posts: 230
    edited August 2020
    who cares about this multiplayer? LOL TWW2 is not fit to be a multiplayer game. LOL

All patching/update is tied to DLC. You'll just have to wait new WE DLC.

CA must do nothing, guys. you bought the game and so just play the solo campaign with "willpower"

stop crying :tired_face:
    edited August 2020
    The key difference between this bug and almost every single other bug in this game is the effects of this bug are entirely voluntarily inflicted. You have to 'opt in' to this bug to be affected by it. That is why the cries of doom and gloom seem a bit much.
  • D4B0SSD4B0SS Registered Users Posts: 230

You can annoy your friends. Don't actually do that. Just posting it for CA to see it.
    It's time to fix this bug.

does it work in coop or pvp?
    MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

Should it be fixed? Yes.

Is it important? No.

He's pointing out people are whinging far more loudly about this bug. The tone is as if it's some fatal wound, killing the game.
    I don't think anybody disagrees with that its a bug and should be fixed. Just the drama around it seems disproportionate.

Also, you are the very last person who should be complaining about insulting people when 90% of your contributions on this forum is some variation of: "The game is too easy and people who disagree with me are bad and need to 'git gud' because they do not understand game design, unlike me, a master game designer who is always right."

LoL, the drama has been mainly created by the people who keep coming into these threads and insult people concerned about this bug as being guilty of some sort of mental shortcoming. As if being able to ignore exploits makes you some sort of better person as opposed to being largely worthless posturing.

Also, your transparent attempt at sidetracking is noted. This isn't about gameplay, this is about a bug. Telling people they are weak and should just tolerate bugs is just self-defeating in the extreme.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,463
    Can we just fix this bug?

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• innerpinnerp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 982

fixing bugs delays dlc release which hurts profits and makes corporate upset.

not that this is something needing an immediate fix unlike the weapon strength bug
    innerp said:

fixing bugs delays dlc release which hurts profits and makes corporate upset.

not that this is something needing an immediate fix unlike the weapon strength bug
    Hmm, a game with more polish or making the fat cats happy...I have such a hard time to pick sides here!
  • TheVindex58TheVindex58 Registered Users Posts: 11
    ArneSo said:

Malruir said:

It's a bug. Bugs should be fixed. Nothing more to say.

It’s a low priority bug without any impact on the game experience.

It should be fixed at some point yes, but it is really not a big deal at all.
    The day isn't over yet, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be the dumbest thing I'll read today.
    Here come the flags.
    edited August 2020

MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

Should it be fixed? Yes.

Is it important? No.

LoL, the drama has been mainly created by the people who keep coming into these threads and insult people concerned about this bug as being guilty of some sort of mental shortcoming. As if being able to ignore exploits makes you some sort of better person as opposed to being largely worthless posturing.

Also, your transparent attempt at sidetracking is noted. This isn't about gameplay, this is about a bug. Telling people they are weak and should just tolerate bugs is just self-defeating in the extreme.
    Basically, the thrust of your argument is: "I will insult you for insulting people and now I will question the motives and insult people for different reasons."
    I agree with you that there is a lot of largely worthless posturing going on here but I think that's where it ends.

The fact remains that all the damage this (should still be fixed though) bug does is self-inflicted.
    MrDragon said:

MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

Should it be fixed? Yes.

Is it important? No.

Basically, the thrust of your argument is: "I will insult you for insulting people and now I will question the motives and insult people for different reasons."
    I agree with you that there is a lot of largely worthless posturing going on here but I think that's where it ends.

The fact remains that all the damage this bug does is self-inflicted.
    No, the thrust of my argument is "clamoring for less polish and bugfixing isn't a hill you should die on". You lose nothing if a bug you don't care for is fixed in a timely manner, and you gain nothing by insulting people over being too concerned about a bug for your liking.

Got it?
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 584
    So much whinging for something that doesn't impact a damn thing if you don't use it. The fact that its been in the game since the beginning only make all the recent histrionics even more hilarious.

Hows about we start a campaign to get the console commands from med2 removed?

So much whinging for something that doesn't impact a damn thing if you don't use it. The fact that its been in the game since the beginning only make all the recent histrionics even more hilarious.

If they fixed it tomorrow, what would that lose you?`

Nothing. So why complain about it?
    edited August 2020
    I'm not complaining about the bug/feature.. i'm laughing at all the people suddenly thinking that this is in any way a big deal at all. Cheat mods exist, other exploits exist, bugs exist... hell... the game isn't even remotely balanced anyway. But the fact that you can press a key to affect the AI on their turn is the most broken thing ever and a reason to bash CA as a developer? Sure whatever.

If it was removed tomorrow, you are right, i'd lose nothing.. in fact, I wouldn't even realise. Just like i have happily enjoyed this game for the last four years without even knowing it was there. Absolutely no difference one way or the other and I think that is the point you are missing. It has NO impact whatsoever if you don't use it.. Does that sound game breaking to you?

I mean, there's another button you can press in any game on any platform that stops the AI from performing actions. Its called the off switch. QUICK! PATCH IT!

edited August 2020

He's not complaining it shouldn't be removed. Just the hysteria about it is overwrought.

We should just report it as a bug, on the bug report forum, and not treat it like it's the End Times. The backspace bug is not Mannfred's lapse in judgement and stabbing Gelt in the back.
    It's more like Tyrion porking Morathi, gross and I wish it hadn't happened but not exactly a major tragedy. Tyrion should just get a kick in the bollucks and told to not bang the wife of his distant ancestor.

And yes, at this point I'm just having fun with it.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,110

Here's an idea; have a tiny amount of self control and don't use it. It's that simple.

I don't know why this minor bug has so much attention.

Because it works in multiplayer. MULTI P.L.A.Y.E.R.
    you can have all the self-control you want, but your opponent can be an ****
    Well if you're opponent is using it then there's literally no point playing with them.. so find another opponent
    edited August 2020

I'm not complaining about the bug/feature.. i'm laughing at all the people suddenly thinking that this is in any way a big deal at all. Cheat mods exist, other exploits exist, bugs exist... hell... the game isn't even remotely balanced anyway. But the fact that you can press a key to affect the AI on their turn is the most broken thing ever and a reason to bash CA as a developer? Sure whatever.

If it was removed tomorrow, you are right, i'd lose nothing.. in fact, I wouldn't even realise. Just like i have happily enjoyed this game for the last four years without even knowing it was there. Absolutely no difference one way of the other and I think that is the point you are missing. It has NO impact whatsoever if you don't use it.. Does that sound game breaking to you?

I mean, there's another button you can press in any game on any platform that stops the AI from performing actions. Its called the off switch. QUICK! PATCH IT!

None of that matters. You lose nothing if it's fixed and you gain nothing by attacking people who are concerned about this bug, that's the whole story.
    MrDragon said:

He's not complaining it shouldn't be removed. Just the hysteria about it is overwrought.

We should just report it as a bug, on the bug report forum, and not treat it like it's the End Times. The backspace bug is not Mannfred's lapse in judgement and stabbing Gelt in the back.
    It's more like Tyrion porking Morathi, gross and I wish it hadn't happened but not exactly a major tragedy. Tyrion should just get a kick in the bollucks and told to not bang the wife of his distant ancestor.

Hysterical is vicicously attacking people and accusing them of moral and mental shortcomings for being concerned about a bug. Why not demonstrate some of that vaunted willpower and tolerate that people might take this more seriously than you?
    There's 139 pages of bugs listed in the reporting forum. I rate this bug as less serious than any of them and yet, here it is, on the front page of general chat along with several other posts about the same thing.

Just seems like a huge waste of energy to focus on this one thing that you have to actively participate in for it to have an effect. As MrDragon says above.. log it in support and move on with your day. (FWIW... I went through the 3 most recent pages in the support forum and couldn't see it logged so.. yeah.. i'm just putting this all down to forum screeching)

There's 139 pages of bugs listed in the reporting forum. I rate this bug as less serious than any of them and yet, here it is, on the front page of general chat along with several other posts about the same thing.

Just seems like a huge waste of energy to focus on this one thing that you have to actively participate in for it to have an effect. As MrDragon says above.. log it in support and move on with your day. (FWIW... I went through the 3 most recent pages in the support forum and couldn't see it logged so.. yeah.. i'm just putting this all down to forum screeching)

I'm sorry, do you receive physical jolts pain whenever someone speaks about issues you don't deem important? Otherwise neither I nor anyone else concerned about this bug will give a damn about your preferences here. You lose nothing if this gets fixed and you lose nothing if people make threads about it because, get this, you can always not participate in those.
  • innerpinnerp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 982

i'd much rather see the gate bug fixed first personally
  • TheVindex58TheVindex58 Registered Users Posts: 11

thanks for pointing this out. there is now.

If it was removed tomorrow, you are right, i'd lose nothing.. in fact, I wouldn't even realise. Just like i have happily enjoyed this game for the last four years without even knowing it was there. Absolutely no difference one way of the other and I think that is the point you are missing. It has NO impact whatsoever if you don't use it.. Does that sound game breaking to you?

None of that matters. You lose nothing if it's fixed and you gain nothing by attacking people who are concerned about this bug, that's the whole story.
    That same argument renders having a forum to share opinions on moot. You yourself have countless times argued with people why their suggestions are bad in your opinion and nobody should listen to them.
    I disagree with you most of the time but at least you're consistent in what you want for the game: higher difficulty, slower games and less exploits. Which is a respectable position.
    Yet here you come in when there's thread upon thread upon thread of people in all caps claiming this is a ga and the 'other side' is saying: "It's not terrible, it's just self-inflicted pain

MrDragon said:

Hysterical is vicicously attacking people and accusing them of moral and mental shortcomings for being concerned about a bug. Why not demonstrate some of that vaunted willpower and tolerate that people might take this more seriously than you?
    Because the primary feature of this forum is discussing a thing and yes, when people sling around full caps, period between each cap and there's many threads about this topic clogging up the forums about something that is still factually entirely self-inflicted, it is an overwrought response.
    Then there's just the thing about the pot calling the kettle black, considering your love of insulting the general skill level of participants of this forum and how game features they like are bad and should be removed from the game entirely.
    Then you could maybe show some understanding for the other side for once.

I will agree hysteria is a bit hyperbolic, but that's internet discussion for you and I am certainly guilty of losing my temper and indeed self-control at times.
    You're just as guilty though of exacerbating the conversation surrounding an entirely self-inflicted problem.
    Don't, a bug report about this was filed three years ago and in all that time CA didn't give a damn about it. How much CA frequents the support forum is pretty questionable at this point.