Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Backspace exploit works in multiplayer campaigns too

13»

Comments

• TheVindex58TheVindex58 Registered Users Posts: 11

Don't, a bug report about this was filed three years ago and in all that time CA didn't give a damn about it. How much CA frequents the support forum is pretty questionable at this point.

well, it can't hurt
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 557
    " I nor anyone else concerned about this bug"..

Tell me how it breaks your game please.
    innerp said:

i'd much rather see the gate bug fixed first personally

Same. lets put our effort into getting that fixed instead maybe? Something that actually affects players.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 10,997
    innerp said:

Can we just fix this bug?

fixing bugs delays dlc release which hurts profits and makes corporate upset.

not that this is something needing an immediate fix unlike the weapon strength bug
    Tis bug , and such need fixing like every other bug.

There isn't any reason to allow bug to exisit . How big or small they are. They should have separate team to fix bug. End of story.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 4,799

Don't, a bug report about this was filed three years ago and in all that time CA didn't give a damn about it. How much CA frequents the support forum is pretty questionable at this point.

We have evidence of a single person reporting the bug. Nobody even responded to their thread saying they also noticed it.

It will probably be fixed now that it is widely known. But it will likely be a few weeks at minimum, and why freak out in the interim?
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,795

" I nor anyone else concerned about this bug"..

Tell me how it breaks your game please.

innerp said:

i'd much rather see the gate bug fixed first personally

Same. lets put our effort into getting that fixed instead maybe? Something that actually affects players.
    I have explained such at length in the threads that are now in the General Chat, I won't repeat myself and actually don't see why that should be necessary at all. This doesn't need to be justified to you. Bugs are bugs and bugs need fixing.

It's also damn funny that people now try to play bugolympics to try and make their postuing look more legitimate. Sorry, but absolutely nothing says that fixing the backspace bug would take anything away from efforts to fix other bugs. It's a simple, incorrectly set UI flag, they can have that in practically any patch with any number of other fixes.

How about this, instead of repeating how much you don't care about this issue, consider the point made and just post threads about issues you find more concerning. Why not start a thread about the gate bug?

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 19,898

innerp said:

not that this is something needing an immediate fix unlike the weapon strength bug

There isn't any reason to allow bug to exisit . How big or small they are. They should have separate team to fix bug. End of story.
    You don’t understand how companies work. They have priorities for all tasks and every time another gamebreaking bug comes up this new bug gets a higher priority on CAs to-do list.

Nobody even realised that exploit while things like the Gate big are actual known for ages.

Priorities, it’s all about priorities.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,795
    ArneSo said:

innerp said:

You don’t understand how companies work. They have priorities for all tasks and every time another gamebreaking bug comes up this new bug gets a higher priority on CAs to-do list.

Nobody even realised that exploit while things like the Gate big are actual known for ages.

Again with the false dichotomy. The fix for this would be very simple and they could do this at any time. It's the same goddamn basic UI flag that keeps you from controlling AI assets during your turn after all.

So, it's funny how people like to both downplay this bug but then also overplay the effort it would take to fix it. Yeah no.

How about this, instead of repeating how much you don't care about this issue, consider the point made and just post threads about issues you find more concerning. Why not start a thread about the gate bug?

What? And miss out on all your snide jabs? Where's the fun in that?

Also.. I don't need to make a post about the gate bug. Its already been logged correctly in the support forum. Anything past that is spam.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 19,898

ArneSo said:

innerp said:

Again with the false dichotomy. The fix for this would be very simple and they could do this at any time. It's the same goddamn basic UI flag that keeps you from controlling AI assets during your turn after all.

So, it's funny how people like to both downplay this bug but then also overplay the effort it would take to fix it. Yeah no.
    Yes it probably would be very easy to fix.

Is it worth 4626654 threads every day? Nope.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,806

ArneSo said:

innerp said:

Unless... maybe it's not that simple?
    Crazy wild idea I know.
    I mean I think you have the logical assumption there, but maybe it's not a certainty and there is a reason that is more complicated why this bug exists?
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,767
    Can we give up now ? The bug needs fixed, if it's an easy fix then they'll fix it but let's be honest it's not happening until the Wood Elf DLC comes out.

Play the game in the meantime or play something else. If you seriously can't play the game because you can't not use an exploit that literally ruins the point of playing that game then well play something else until it's fixed
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 4,799
    We all know how this goes:

Literally anything happens in the game and somehow the game is officially unplayable and CA are literally evil and lazy and want to destroy everything we hold dear. And usually the same couple people are about 90% of the outrage and will continue decrying CA as wanting to kill the game in some new way while everyone else just moves on.

This is a bug and will be fixed. Snikch didn't ruin the game for all of time. And Sigmar forbid we get Undead Legions as seperate race or we will first get a bunch of posts from a certain someone screeching about how the undead are all part of a single race(while ignoring any counter arguments about elves or humans) and are ruining the game before transitioning to posting a massive daily rant thread complaining about how every single aspect of the race has somehow made the single player campaign unplayable in every aspect.
    edited August 2020

We all know how this goes:

Literally anything happens in the game and somehow the game is officially unplayable and CA are literally evil and lazy and want to destroy everything we hold dear. And usually the same couple people are about 90% of the outrage and will continue decrying CA as wanting to kill the game in some new way while everyone else just moves on.

This is a bug and will be fixed. Snikch didn't ruin the game for all of time. And Sigmar forbid we get Undead Legions as seperate race or we will first get a bunch of posts from a certain someone screeching about how the undead are all part of a single race(while ignoring any counter arguments about elves or humans) and are ruining the game before transitioning to posting a massive daily rant thread complaining about how every single aspect of the race has somehow made the single player campaign unplayable in every aspect.

That, and this time the problem is 100% self inflicted in single player and in multiplayer means that either you or your friend is a cheater and its 80% their fault and 20% the game's fault.

This is complaining CA left a knife on the table and you stabbed yourself with it.
    Should the knife have been left on the table? No.
    But you could have also not stabbed yourself with it. (Or bring a friend over who might use the knife to stab you... or you him...)
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,201
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Here's an idea; have a tiny amount of self control and don't use it. It's that simple.

I don't know why this minor bug has so much attention.

Because it works in multiplayer. MULTI P.L.A.Y.E.R.
    you can have all the self-control you want, but your opponent can be an ****
    Just end the campaign if your opponent is cheating. It’s easy as that. Both of you play the game for fun and if one is cheating, just quit. It’s easy as that.
    But of course you won't know if they don't do it to armies you can't see, eg. giving themselves a much easier early game to get ahead.
    Why should anyone be such a d***?
    Do you know fall guys? Is the less competitive multiplayer game i can think off, yet people use cheats there to win the game. Some people is like that.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,164
    Well this could be an issue if people actually played multiplayer campaigns against randoms.

REEEEEEEEEE this bug that 100% have to be activated by the player to be an issue is making me want to stop playing the game REEEEEEEEE.

"Yum Yum"

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Here's an idea; have a tiny amount of self control and don't use it. It's that simple.

Because it works in multiplayer. MULTI P.L.A.Y.E.R.
    you can have all the self-control you want, but your opponent can be an ****
    Just end the campaign if your opponent is cheating. It’s easy as that. Both of you play the game for fun and if one is cheating, just quit. It’s easy as that.
    But of course you won't know if they don't do it to armies you can't see, eg. giving themselves a much easier early game to get ahead.
    Why should anyone be such a d***?
    Do you know fall guys? Is the less competitive multiplayer game i can think off, yet people use cheats there to win the game. Some people is like that.
    An excellent argument, were it not for the fact that TWWH only supports 2 player campaigns and a campaign lasts hundreds of turns. Not 60 random matchmaking players. This makes it kind of an apples and oranges situation.
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,260
    edited August 2020

What? And miss out on all your snide jabs? Where's the fun in that?

Also.. I don't need to make a post about the gate bug. Its already been logged correctly in the support forum. Anything past that is spam.
    7+ years of patiently waiting for your bug report to be acted on, how is that working out for you?
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 641

There's 139 pages of bugs listed in the reporting forum. I rate this bug as less serious than any of them and yet, here it is, on the front page of general chat along with several other posts about the same thing.

Just seems like a huge waste of energy to focus on this one thing that you have to actively participate in for it to have an effect. As MrDragon says above.. log it in support and move on with your day. (FWIW... I went through the 3 most recent pages in the support forum and couldn't see it logged so.. yeah.. i'm just putting this all down to forum screeching)

thanks for pointing this out. there is now.
    You mean you've been screaming about a nonissue for 3 pages straight, but you haven't even filed a bug report yet?

I mean, yes it should be fixed, and i can't imagine it would be very hard to do so.

But the fact that in multiplayer, the person you chose to play with, might cheat in your game, is not a game issue. It's a trust issue that you have. Or it might be an issue with the friends you take. Either way, that's not the dev's fault.

Conclusion: stupid bug, but not important, file a bug report and see it get fixed at the next update.

PS @Ephraim_Dalton since when do you care about multiplayer? I thought you hated MP?
    Jman5 said:

7+ years of patiently waiting for your bug report to be acted on, how is that working out for you?

Not gonna lie... It's rather tiresome.

But you know what REALLY needs fixing? If I input the konami code whilst hanging upside down in front of my PC on the second Tuesday of every month then it breaks the game.

I mean, you could just say "Don't do it!" but I know it breaks the game and can't stop myself. As such I am boycotting all CA games forever for their utter incompetence unless they hotfix this immediately.

Okay, I apologise for the hyperbole, but the point remains. Valid criticism of CA's bugfixing and patching schedules and polices are fair enough, especially for issues that actually do break peoples games or make them unplayable, however, the impact of this specific bug is non existent unless actively and knowingly participating in it hence me downplaying it and being somewhat bemused by the levels of outrage surrounding it.

Report it and move on. If it gets fixed, great, if not... how would you even know unless you use it?
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    Id like it if for every post people make of "how this bug doesnt matter" they would also make a comment about bugs that do matter.

I want a more polished game.

Fix afk ai in sieges allready CA
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,200
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,325
    Moved to Chat to join the other discussions on the exact same topic.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,839
    Vildvarg said:

Theo91 said:

This is it.

Tbh I don’t even thing it takes much self control to not use it. For example I wouldn’t say people who don’t use cheat mods exude self discipline, not cheating in a game you play on your own is the default
    Downloading and using a cheat mod is easier than this. It's literally at that level.

I'm seriously puzzled as to how this non issue has so much attention lately. It's easy; just don't ruin your or your friends campaigns on purpose.
    The option to do so shouldn't exist in a base unmodded game. Come on, I get you don't hold it to any importance but surely you agree a game with competitive multiplayer settings shouldn't have built in cheats?
    TWW doesn't have competitive MP. It has casual MP. TWW is a Single Player game with an MP option. I agree the bug should be fixed, but it absolutely should be low priority.

I just don't understand how such an insignificant bug is getting so much attention.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • TexacoV2TexacoV2 Registered Users Posts: 531
    TWW has a pretty damn comp MP. And there are many easy ways to cheat in ladder though that is obviously not what you are refering to. Just pointing out how busted MP is.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,839
    TexacoV2 said:

TWW has a pretty damn comp MP. And there are many easy ways to cheat in ladder though that is obviously not what you are refering to. Just pointing out how busted MP is.

This bug can only be used in H2H campaigns. Those are very much non competitive.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • BigDDDBigDDD Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 13
    Has anyone tried this in MP? If you press Backspace during your turn you do not loose your movement points. So if this Bug works the same way you just can click on the oppponents army again and your army will move again.
    Rinse and repeat and one day you will reach the army...

• D4B0SSD4B0SS Registered Users Posts: 219
    WH2 will be dropped completely in 7-8 months anyway

Warhammer 3 will have new graphics and new engine (like Troy/3K), therefore, it does not make sense to fix bugs.
  • friedchikinfriedchikin Registered Users Posts: 152
    Orcs have a built in cheat. I don't see the big deal if everyone else has one.