Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A suggestion for a rework of the Empire's "Defend that Settlement" Event

TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 14,693
edited August 2020 in Feedback & Suggestions
I like the idea of the event, that you have to help defend an allied settlement, but imho the execution is a bit lackluster.

The smaller scale battles I enjoy, field battle with 2 units of knights etc. against non fullstack armies etc.

But, I have some issues with it:

1) State Troops should cost Fame and Mercenaries money. Makes more sense than the other way round.

2) The armies must be better balanced.

Yes, i can understand how some feel like them being good challenges, but i see no fun in supporting a level 1 or 2 garrison wihtout improvements with 5 low to mid tier units VS a decent full stack with monsters, while lacking many AL options. Or, in a major defense, rushing my 5 units forward and the AI looses the walls before i even managed to pass through half the city... and then my few units of "not at all Anti-Large" can face off VS A-Bombs, Rat Ogres, Plague Claw Catapults... or if it's Norsca, Mammoths.

If the enemy has a load of Monsters, the player NEEDS AL. Preferably ranged and halberdiers.

3) MAYBE allow us to treat the Battle as a Quest battle that has to be done in the same turn. Allow us to use one of our actual armies... why do i have to pay 2,000 Gold to scramble some state troops together, when i have a full army just chilling in Altdorf?

4) Stop killing the Lord that was send into the battle.
#RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file