Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

TWW2 Ground texture compared to Troy

ghostandthedarknessghostandthedarkness Registered Users Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Hi All,

I know that we're comparing apples and minicoopers here but I've been playing Troy for a while and had a rude awakening when coming back to total war warhammer 2

I hadn't realised just how sparse the textures are in TWW2 , I can only hope TWW3 is better.

Troy is definately the trophy girlfriend of the TW series - beautiful but not alot upstairs

Can anyone recommend any mods to make the ground textures nicer in TWW2?

Comments

• natethegreat1112natethegreat1112 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 321
    Troys models are pretty bad tho.
    Fear is wisdom in the face of danger.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,669

Hi All,

I know that we're comparing apples and minicoopers here but I've been playing Troy for a while and had a rude awakening when coming back to total war warhammer 2

I hadn't realised just how sparse the textures are in TWW2 , I can only hope TWW3 is better.

Troy is definately the trophy girlfriend of the TW series - beautiful but not alot upstairs

Can anyone recommend any mods to make the ground textures nicer in TWW2?

There're barely any any HD mods for TWW2. These are not hard to made since recent technology jump, yet implementing these into the game may get a little tricky.
  • CyresdogCyresdog Registered Users Posts: 967
    edited August 2020

To be real, they look horrible, both models and Textures. Troy is rather the abandoned hate child of CA. The ground textures are extremely washed out and flat af, the models holding spears into the air for no reason whatsoever. 99% of the armor units are wearing are just textures, which means the armor stretches when doing anything. Not really what armor is supposed to do... and before someone says something, the pictures above are on Ultra.
    For a game that is developed by a pretty big company in the year 2020 this is one ugly hell of a mess. Just graphical wise.
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 289
    Wow. Those screenshots are really bad.

• MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 352
    I had the same feeling while playing 3k. The ground and the grass are more smooth, also the pop-up is handled a lot better. It's reasonable to think they will carry all those engine improvements to Warhammer 3.
  • scope7272scope7272 Registered Users Posts: 59
    Troy has very nice shrubbery. Don't think it's the "ground textures" that are nice.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 352
    edited September 2020
    I am trying to mod Troy terrain texture to WH2 just out of curiosity.

Testing with empire, I have to say they do not necessarily looks better, but they give a different feel.

those are 2 variants of Troy textures