Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Suggestion: Upgrade the Mortal Empires map with the Vortex versions of the Southlands and New World

stormcloud23stormcloud23 Registered Users Posts: 4
Hello, I wanted to post a suggestion for TWW2, or potentially 3 going forward, that I feel would be a huge improvement to the game.

I believe the Southlands and the New World in the mortal empires campaign are in need of some love. In the vortex campaign, these regions are much larger and more fleshed out than the version we get in mortal empires. I think it was stated that this was done to cut down on turn times, but the recent optimizations you guys did have kind of taken care of that issue. As it stands in ME, the southlands is cut in half, and the new world is squished horizontally, leaving both the upper half, and especially Lustria, to be unnecessarily crowded (poor Khatep). It'd be great if we eventually got to see the vortex version of those landmasses in a later edition of ME, or the final map that comes with game three, to really get the full experience. I've loved WHFB since I was a kid and TWW is honestly my ideal video game version of it, so it bums me out to see one side of the world get shafted. when compared to the old world. I'm really hoping the final iteration we get is the ultimate warhammer fantasy video game that can preserve that world going forward since GW went the AoS route and blew up the world as we know it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,733
    Different Scale. Also, amusingly, the Mortal Empires map ACTUALLY has the more fleshed out map for Lustria, Naggaroth and the Southlands iirc. The ME map for these 3 areas is more zoomed in, to fit the Old World in more properly.

In the Vortex map, the areas are actually more zoomed out.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,733
    there is nothing to rethink.

Compare the continents. The ME ones ARE more zoomed in, compared to the Vortex ones. The only continent zoomed out in ME is Ulthuan.

Compare the Isthmus of Lustria.

and yes, congratulations. That is a map of the Warhammer world. doesn't change however that the ME map is more to scale than just slapping the Vortex continents onto ME.

The continents are larger in Vortex, but they are more zoomed in in ME.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN! TOTAL WAR TROY FOR ONE YEAR EXCLUSIVELY ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE!"

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • CthuluIsSpyCthuluIsSpy Registered Users Posts: 7
    Didn't they leave the Southlands out due to engine restraints to something? I think they're already pushing it with the current ME map, which is why it looks a little skewed in some parts.

I mean, I would love to see the Southlands in ME as well, but if they can't then they can't.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file