Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wishlist For First True Patch

TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 34,001
-nerfs to chariots
-nerfs to agent actions, particularly the whole well-poisoning thing by the spy. Agent actions should also cost gold
-less confederations (or none at all)
-Troy with a full-stack sized garrison
-supply lines rework or replacement
-removal of diplomacy exploits (gift 1 of anything to get disproportional amount of positivity)
-more gradual reduction in unit strength when taking siege attrition. It's currently the same as WH's and that means garrisoned unit take 50% damage every turn which I find pretty overblown

Tagged:

Comments

• gholin#9362gholin#9362 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,390
    edited August 2020
    I agree with most of your points, but I happen to enjoy confederating and collecting heroes and uniting Greece/Anatolia. If anything confederating is too hard.

Gold is a limited resource, so I don’t want it tied to agent actions, especially if diplomacy is fixed and it’s even harder to come by.

I would also add that I want Trojan AI to be less focused on attacking Greece. They constantly send stacks to my lands and between all the other warmongers around me and their constant sacking and stacks full of guards of troy, it’s making it nearly impossible to even get to Troy. It isn’t fun, even on normal.

I also want a Helen rework. Capturing Helen should give you some form of boost to diplomacy for your faction, and she should be ransomable or tradeable. It should be a campaign goal to capture her as greeks, honestly.
  • tadakatsu#9524tadakatsu#9524 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,628
    edited August 2020

-nerfs to chariots
    -nerfs to agent actions, particularly the whole well-poisoning thing by the spy. Agent actions should also cost gold
    -supply lines rework or replacement
    -removal of diplomacy exploits (gift 1 of anything to get disproportional amount of positivity)
    -more gradual reduction in unit strength when taking siege attrition. It's currently the same as WH's and that means garrisoned unit take 50% damage every turn which I find pretty overblown

troy already does have a full stack garrison when ai controlled. agent actions do cost gold for some actions
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    All actions should cost gold.
    i disagree as late game in particular gold is very limited and some units cost gold to train
    tadakatsu said:

i disagree as late game in particular gold is very limited and some units cost gold to train

Anything that makes agents less of a factor is a plus in my book.

tadakatsu said:

tadakatsu said:

its more likely they will just get nerfed besides you can only have 3 spies so thats 3 actions per turn thats not bad.
    edited August 2020
    Yeah let's not go too heavy handed. Gold is definitely more limited after turn 100 (Would be more limited once diplomacy is fixed), so I'd rather not tie it up with agents as much.

How about a Helen rework guys? I feel like she needs to be changed up a bit. Capturing Helen should give you some form of boost to diplomacy for your faction, and she should be ransomable or tradeable. It should be a campaign goal to capture her and keep her as Greeks, honestly. As anyone but Menaleus on the Greek side, the goal is to get her to menaleus and the reward would be great. As anyone but Paris on the trojan side, giving her to paris/troy is the goal.

Helen feels like she isn't much of a focus in the game as it is. And she's supposed to be the woman who launched a thousand ships.
    If you capture Helen as anyone but Menelaus or Paris you should first get a dilemma that allows you to either claim her yourself or return her to one of them (which one depending on who you start as), earning you their favor or their enmity respectively. Keeping her should give your men a morale boost, but also lead to your diplomatic relations deteriorating with pretty much everyone else.
  • epic_159817030363AS6d3l9epic_159817030363AS6d3l9 Registered Users Posts: 103
    Im still not playing until few patches are released.

Good for you.

Now got any suggestions of your own?
  • BigamoBigamo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    I just want the removal of the supply lines mechanic. Tired of being forced of using doom stacks and never get a real battle.
    edited August 2020
    Bigamo said:

I just want the removal of the supply lines mechanic. Tired of being forced of using doom stacks and never get a real battle.

Me too. This would single-handedly fix a lot of the issues with the campaigns. We might actually be able to defend our territory from the 2-3 warmongering nations that declared war last turn and go on a sacking spree with an army of 8 units, and maybe even we could actually sail across the sea and make progess faster and fight a trojan war. And killing endless stacks of enemies that arrive every couple turns because the AI on the other side of the map can afford 20 more armies than you gets tiring. Progress is so slow. Being able to match them and hold key locations with extra troops would be so nice.

Good for you.

I agree with the OP, cuz Im reading the forums adn usually people have problem with that.

I do not play atm, cuz as I said, Im waiting for a few patches, but I see that a main problems are:

- agents
    - diplomacy exploit
    - supply line

In the future patches I would adress:

- siege AI and battle AI
    - balance changes
    - add cavalry (probably in the DLC)
    - diplomacy AI
    - autoresolve balance
    Bigamo said:

In which total war they introduced this?

What was wrong with Rome 1 and Medieval 2 army system?

Good for you.

I agree with the OP, cuz Im reading the forums adn usually people have problem with that.

I do not play atm, cuz as I said, Im waiting for a few patches, but I see that a main problems are:

- agents
    - diplomacy exploit
    - supply line

In the future patches I would adress:

- siege AI and battle AI
    - balance changes
    - add cavalry (probably in the DLC)
    - diplomacy AI
    - autoresolve balance
    they already have cav in the game aka centaurs as cav were not widely used in this time period. amazons will be the only ones to have faction specific cav besides who needs cav though when you have chariots which are busted

Bigamo said:

In which total war they introduced this?

What was wrong with Rome 1 and Medieval 2 army system?
    warhammer total war i believe was the introduction of supply chain which was the worst idea in my opinion
  • xomitsious#2247xomitsious#2247 Registered Users Posts: 107
    Supply lines are indeed the biggest issue in the game for me.

Proving grounds beta (in Warhammer) had them removed and to compensate increased recruiting costs.

I hope they also try making holding onto territory harder by removing automatic garrissons.

Each new settlement should require a certain amount of troops to be left there as a garrisson, depending on influence. So part of your stack will have to stay behind on territories you want to keep.

Cities where you have no influence should require a major commitment to hold onto. Odysseus carving an empire in Asia on his way to Troy should be more difficult and time consuming than simply sailing to Troy and sieging it.

I played a full campaign (normal difficulty) where I occupied everything I conquered (to maintain decent happinness) and painted the map no problem. I don't think I looted, sacked or razed once.

So my wish is to get rid of supply lines (3 half stacks of militia should never be more expensive than 1 full stack of elites) while making it harder to snowball. My suggestion is to make occupying more costly and less of an automatic choice.
    What was the reason for a change from rome 1 and medieval 2 where you can put units in your cities to defend it and not to have some automatic garrison thing?

What was the reason for a change from rome 1 and medieval 2 where you can put units in your cities to defend it and not to have some automatic garrison thing?

my guess is to be easier for newcomers and less micro intensive.
  • Vin362#6699Vin362#6699 Registered Users Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2020
    I agree something needs to be done about supply lines at the moment recruiting a second hero increases food upkeep by 18% and bronze by 0.5% (bronze isn't too bad early on), I am not against some means of preventing the player from becoming too powerful but it has to be balanced in a way that makes sense maybe reduce the food upkeep from 18% to something a little more manageable like 5% per hero?
    Post edited by Vin362#6699 on
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • TejaSchwarzhaar#9835TejaSchwarzhaar#9835 Registered Users Posts: 314
    Or just remove this annoying mechanic that doesn't make any sense from a realism-perspective. It could be replaced by a corruption mechanic like in Rome II. It has a similar effect on balancing the lategame but it doesn't hinder you from raising small armies to defend specific settlements.

Anyways both mechanics don't really work in the late game but the supply lines are incredibly limiting in the early game which doesn't correspond with their purpose at all. So please just add a new mechanic in the next game, and if CA doesn't want to do that they should at least go back to the corruption mechanic.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they already reduced it to ~30% per turn two days after release or so.
  • aganiermaganierm Registered Users Posts: 19
    Good list.

-nerfs to chariots
    These need more than just a nerf.

-nerfs to agent actions
    Yes, well poison should do 10 or 15% kills.
    33% is ridiculous, 2 turns in a row = 66% of your army gone.

Agreed. It's a lot more fun to have a lot of smaller nations than 3-4 huge ones.
    Also would be nice to have an incentive to keep smaller nations around. The beginning is super active with so much interaction with nations. The end game is a desert, nothing is happening outside of your main enemy.

Hector full stack + full stack garrison. I want to fight a 40 unit stack, should be epic. Oh and get hector's ass in troy when you siege it, or script him to go in troy when you move over there. He just attacked me on open grounds which I then took troy without any issue.

-more gradual reduction in unit strength when taking siege attrition.
    True. The attrition is so high that there's no point attacking, they're gonna die in 2 turns anyway.

• theo333theo333 Registered Users Posts: 2
    The Greeks are actually a threat to Troy instead of Troytide reverse invasion.