Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How could I enable "Save Game"?

BabboniusBabbonius Registered Users Posts: 6
I have downloaded an old, odd and silly but very charming Napoleonic mod for RTW 1.5 - Napoleonic II Total War. I enjoy it, but Save Game is greyed out and I wondered if anyone might know how to enable it?

Best,

Babbonius

Comments

• BabboniusBabbonius Registered Users Posts: 6
    I found the answer on another Total War forum page - you have to create a save-game file in C:Users/yourname/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Rome Total War/napoleonic/save_game - this ungreys the Save Game and Load Game options!
  • BabboniusBabbonius Registered Users Posts: 6
    Cheat for repeated sallies in RTW 1.5

This enables a minor faction with stone walls plus some long-range (170m) archers or some horse archers, plus a unit of heavy cavalry to deal with the besiegers' missile troops if necessary, to whittle down the strongest besiegers by sallying as often as required.

You can use your first sally to determine which way the besiegers will run to deploy, and for second and subsequent sallies position long-range archers on the walls or horse archers outside the walls accordingly.

The cheat for repeated sallies is, after your first sally Save Game, Quit Game, Continue Campaign.

I allow stone walls for minor cities by amending export_buildings.