Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Possibly a minor Warhammer 3 leak.

neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,284
There is a texture of Mannslieb and Morrslieb in the game files of TW Troy, could mean CA has experimented to implement night battles for WH3 which would be freaking cool.

Salsa: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/ilgtp6/leak_warhammer_3_will_probably_feature_night/

Comments

• HurricaneAndrewHurricaneAndrew Member Registered Users Posts: 185
    don't these appear in events in the beastman campaign?
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,970
    edited September 3
    Could be a BM hint more than anything else.

Troy is a CA Sofia game which has some interesting implications. What will Sofia do now that Troy is out?

A big issue we've had since WH2's release is an inconsistency with the quality of the DLC content and the rate things are fixed. Almost every single LP has been lopsided and the quality and amount of content on offer has varied greatly.

A big reason for this is budget, timescale and manpower.

In the lead up to and after WH3's release, CA will likely shift to building more tall than wide (expanding on 3K and WH3 rather than making new series left and right).

And with the company expanding, will this mean CA Sofia is going to shift to making DLC for WH? Will they have Sofia and the original WH DLC team work in tandem or on rotation to create content more frequently? Or create far bigger DLC's/far more consistent ones?
    edited September 3
    If this hint means anything at all, I wouldn't be surprised if their plan is to make Sofia create the Beastmen rework and DLC while CA's main studio focus on the pre order or go all hands on deck with WH3.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 6,284
    The studio in Sofia is probably working on Troy's DLCs.
    neodeinos said:

The studio in Sofia is probably working on Troy's DLCs.

Will Troy even get DLC's? And if so, how many? How big? How hard can that really be when all they're really adding is infantry and reskins? They've already added both genders and alot of veriety on top of the basic formula in the base game so they can't really go for that low hanging fruit.

I'm genuinely skeptical as to what CA intend to do with Troy; if they even care at all about it. I like it personally but I get alot of strong feelings for various reasons that they made it simply as a proof of concept for Sofia and to fill downtime between releases.

Even if they do work on Troy DLC, are they going to have the whole studio working on that? (A Studio big enough to make an entire game in the industry standard timeframe) likely not, so what are the rest of them going to do?
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,349
    We know they're getting Hero Packs. Ajax and Diomedes are in the pipeline.

The Amazon DLC, the various other god FLCs and such...

Though who knows?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    edited September 3
    Canuovea said:

We know they're getting Hero Packs. Ajax and Diomedes are in the pipeline.

The Amazon DLC, the various other god FLCs and such...

Though who knows?

Amazon's are already in the game and were intended to be a pre order bonus I believe.

Heroes like Ajax could just as easily be FLC and like I just said, making that content amounts to nothing more than creating new models on top of existing skins. It's like the free characters who come with every 3K update. (on that note I hope Ajax gets the ability to throw boulders like the Cyclops mythical unit can).

Not trying to downplay their great work or anything, I'm simply pointing out that it doesn't take an entire Dev team of 100+ people to create a few new models.
    They are planning a DLC with Diomedes and Ajax for this winter.
    @neodeinos

It appears to be a Lord Pack of sorts, I just looked it up. It's Ajax and Diomedes with some new gods as FLC.

They're also adding multiplayer, blood and gore and hinted at more.

You may be right, that does seem like a busy schedule.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Registered Users Posts: 3,033
    WH3 shouldn't get released without key missing parts like moons and night battles anyway.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,508
    The skybox of WH2 is a travesty, so better hope WH3 fixes that. (although honestly WH2 should be fixed too.)
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,349
    Indeed, a Lord Pack of a sort, that's what I meant to say. Quite a lot going on for them.

And creating the new characters is a major part of it, but the thing I find interesting about Troy is how the mechanics that come with each lord really do change up how the faction plays. That is, to add Ajax and Diomedes they need to also add new mechanics that have a notable impact on how those characters play, plus their unique troops.

Then again, I don't have the game, but I've seen people play it and I do find the idea of factions so centered on Legendary Hero characters interesting. It certainly fits with the source material, though probably wouldn't really work so well in a different Total War Game.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,640
    Interesting find.
  • Cryptic_FreezeCryptic_Freeze Registered Users Posts: 11
    neodeinos said:

There is a texture of Mannslieb and Morrslieb in the game files of TW Troy, could mean CA has experimented to implement night battles for WH3 which would be freaking cool.

Salsa: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/ilgtp6/leak_warhammer_3_will_probably_feature_night/

Man if you look in that source it's crazy how snarky some people have to be, like this guy who creates great weather mods is sharing some Warhammer-related information his friend discovered and YET some reddit users have to take that moment to fill his comment section with the most unoriginal, Parks & Rec Nu-guy remarks. I guess that's life though when you're filled to the gills with sloth energy and unexpressed desire. Great find though!
  • SaborSabor Registered Users Posts: 368
    Night battles would be a dream come true. Seriously, nothing bums me out quite like playing vampire counts and having a nice full stack of creatures of the night...only to be in a bright sunny landscape with not a cloud in the sky. Seriously dampens the mood, it was an issue when vampire counts were first showcased, it's an issue now.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,640
    If night battles do become a thing in Game 3, which is looking likely, I hope they bring back that feature from earlier TW’s where all the units are holding torches. I loved that little detail back in the day.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 1,434
    As long as they don't make them too dark to see I'd love more night time battles.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    I’m hoping for a day and night cycle on the campaign map like in Troy. The campaign map there is so incredibly beautiful, will be hard to go back to WH. 😂
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,253
    Ohhh **** I hope our modders will grab it and use it also going to post it on Night Battles mod steam page if not done already.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,130
    edited September 3
    But this already existed, For instance, it appears in the Vampire Coast trailer.

The thing is, CA just doesn't keep full track of their assets in their engine. Similar to Bethesda having left over scripts/files in Fallout 76 which date to way back in Skyrim.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 849
    Crossil said:

But this already existed, For instance, it appears in the Vampire Coast trailer.

The thing is, CA just doesn't keep full track of their assets in their engine. Similar to Bethesda having left over scripts/files in Fallout 76 which date to way back in Skyrim.

I agree, this is groundless speculation
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,990
    Isn't the obvious answer that they built Troy in WH engine and it's just left overs?

WH has leftovers from Rome 2 all over.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 648
    Whatever it is, it's really about time CA just goes back and tweaks the skybox. It's glaringly missing a sun and the moons and it really looks bad when there's still sunrays coming from the sky, but from no actual visible source.
    Likewise, night battles have an invisible light source in the sky which looks really bad.
    There's plenty of mods that tweak the lighting and the skybox for this very reason. Some of them have really awesome night battles.

It's also quite a pity that one of the most distinctive things of the WH setting, the 2 moons, is completely missing from the game, despite being present in plenty of marketing screenshots and material.

Hopefully, this is one of the many, minor but very visible things CA improves in game 3.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,253

Whatever it is, it's really about time CA just goes back and tweaks the skybox. It's glaringly missing a sun and the moons and it really looks bad when there's still sunrays coming from the sky, but from no actual visible source.
    Likewise, night battles have an invisible light source in the sky which looks really bad.
    There's plenty of mods that tweak the lighting and the skybox for this very reason. Some of them have really awesome night battles.

It's also quite a pity that one of the most distinctive things of the WH setting, the 2 moons, is completely missing from the game, despite being present in plenty of marketing screenshots and material.

Hopefully, this is one of the many, minor but very visible things CA improves in game 3.

I agree Skybox was awful from the start in WH2 luckily we can mod it but they need to do better job in WH3.

Especially Vampiric Corruption and Chaos has only 3 different ones. Chaos one is reused on Skaven and DE maps a lot.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 849

I agree Skybox was awful from the start in WH2 luckily we can mod it but they need to do better job in WH3.

Especially Vampiric Corruption and Chaos has only 3 different ones. Chaos one is reused on Skaven and DE maps a lot.
    Yep, the lighting engine they used for WH2 totally destabilised performance on my rig too. It was awful at the start, better now but still not as good as in WH1.
    Crossil said:

Well from what I've heard it's not in the WH2 files.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,508

Parks & Rec Nu-guy remarks.

lolwut

Funny thing they promoted it during Vampire Coast and also in WH1 Vampire Counts intro but forgot to put it in files until Troy came out.

CA is amazing but inconsistencies from them are just beyond comprehension (probably Surtha Ek)
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

• John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 648

Hey there, now that i think about it, i wanted to ask, have you removed your mod from the workshop? I really loved that it simply added sun/moon textures without changing anything else and keeping the vanilla lighting.
    There's several really good lighting revamp mods now, i've used all but i often always tend to go back to vanilla as i actually like the base lighting per se (especially for the New World, less so for the game 1 maps).

Im also a sucker for foggy horizons, and im just not a fan of how a lot of the current mods often remove entirely or heavily decrease the fogs on the maps. Unfortunately, horizons have been modeled with fog in mind by CA, and removing it really reveals glaring texture holes or graphical anomalies which are quite annoying to look at.

I loved your mod because it just added sun/moon back in, without revamping anything too much (as each mod author has his own personal taste on the matter). Sad that it's gone!
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 55
    edited September 3
    Just to add to my main post on reddit, a new (and different) standalone Morrslieb texture has been found into Troy data.