Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Medieval Kingdoms 1212: How can I get better???

LegendarmeLegendarme Registered Users Posts: 1
edited September 21 in General Discussion
Thanks for clicking my post. If you don't have much time, skip the spoilers.

I've been playing the 1212 mod for a year, and I still love it! Although, I'm not good at it. I always play a legendary campaign as the Kingdom of France, which is my favourite due to their strong cavalry. But I haven't finished it successfully. I'm poor at establishing a decent economy. Everyone wants war with me, and I'm not good at battles. I really want to be an excellent general, but I don't know how to be one.
This is my usual battle: when the battle starts, I form my archers at front. after a few arrow exchange, AI Cavs rushed into them. I try to stop them with my Spears (Pikes, Polearms, etc). But sometimes, I fail. Then enemy infantry arrives. I engage them with my Spears and other close-ranged infantry units. I kept my archers to skirmish mode, which I shouldn't. so they are at the back of my main infantry line, firing. AI has a similar formation, but they are better at using infantry than me! I usually lose my infantry fight. Meanwhile, my cavalry are clogged by enemy backlines, only to be killed by enemy spears or got shot by enemy missiles.

So I really want to improve these (1>2>3>4>5>6>7):

1. Using my cavalry exceptionally well. Priorities(for example, should I help my front line first or kill the missiles?), when to form a wedge, how to cycle charge, how to execute an excellent charge and other important information for using cavalry really well.
2. Taking fewer casualties, especially close-ranged units(cavalries, spears, swords, axes, etc)
3. Winning a front line infantry combats
4. How to stop enemy Cavalry effectively with my Spears
5. How to organise and field my units
6. Sieges and counter-siege
7. How to stabilise economy

This is my usual army comp:
2 Melee Cavs, 4 Knights, 1 Pikes, 4 Polearms, 2 Melee Infantry, 3 Shock Infantry, 3 Archers.

I usually have one and a half army, due to my weak economy. AI has a better economy than me due to a mod which makes the campaign much more difficult.
Post edited by Legendarme on