Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Potential units for dark elf DLC: Avatar of Khaine

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,027

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,503
    As long as it's not a Kaiju I'm okay with that. Giant sized, not Stone Idol or Dread Saurian sized.

Though of all 4 TWW2 races DE have the worst claim to another LP.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• DwarfSizedBeardDwarfSizedBeard Registered Users Posts: 936

As long as it's not a Kaiju I'm okay with that. Giant sized, not Stone Idol or Dread Saurian sized.

skaven and high elves have far worse claims in deserving it, skaven have gotten by far the best post launch support, high elves have one interesting unit to add, and even then th we y have just gotten support, lizardmen are not likely to get it, but they definitely are up there in content, because they have the most actual interesting stuff left
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 2,183

skaven and high elves have far worse claims in deserving it, skaven have gotten by far the best post launch support, high elves have one interesting unit to add, and even then th we y have just gotten support, lizardmen are not likely to get it, but they definitely are up there in content, because they have the most actual interesting stuff left
    Skaven are still missing one of their 4 great clans made playable properly, so they deserve another LP.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,523
    I prefer chimera or basilisk as new DE monsters.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    That could be good, but not WITH REUSED TYRION ANIMATIONS.

Like they did for Malus.
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 3,947
    Cortes31 said:

Skaven are still missing one of their 4 great clans made playable properly, so they deserve another LP.
    100%

• Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 811
    Cortes31 said:

Indeed. There's some Clan Moulder goodies to add, hopefully they'll be the opposite half the Wood Elf lord pack.
    Cortes31 said:

you say that like there's anything interesting to add, they have essentially a glorified hounds unit, then some of the least interesting units I've ever heard of, we should see them eventually, but not when so many factions are worse off, skaven just need the least amount of things, not to mention that they already have the one actually interesting monster they have

Skaven have not one but two TT lords left. They have TT units left. They have a theme left.

High Elves have a unit left, and a lord left. Also a better theme than anything the DE have.

The DE could absolutely make a LP, but they have no units left, no TT lords left, and would need to scrounge a theme and units up from the bottom of the barrel.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 31,455

I read that term quite often, may I ask what Kaiju means?
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    edited September 2020
    makar55 said:

Like they did for Malus.

Spikey Mal got implemented terribly. I tried playing him and it was just too bad.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

edited September 2020
    I personally would love the Avatar of Khaine!

- Tullaris
    - Fleetmaster Lord
    - Disciples of Khaine
    - Statues of Khaine
    - Manflayers
    - Daughters of Despair

Sounds like a solid LP to me.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,027

Skaven have not one but two TT lords left. They have TT units left. They have a theme left.

High Elves have a unit left, and a lord left. Also a better theme than anything the DE have.

The DE could absolutely make a LP, but they have no units left, no TT lords left, and would need to scrounge a theme and units up from the bottom of the barrel.
    Skaven got so much love in terms of mechanics and now they will get more (probably similar to Grom mechanics).
    Dark elves were cut from them. When doing these threads I thinking more about DE vs beastmen pack (before game 3).
    High elves did scrounge units up from the bottom of the barrel. (hero quest unit hmm)

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,523
    The biggest problem and grief is caused by CAs decision about giving game 2core races a third LP, while so much game 1 races (including core) need it far more.

And this will leave game 2cores with different amount of stuff (even not mentioning quality) at the release of game 3.

makar55 said:

Like they did for Malus.

Durthus Animations would do the job.
    ArneSo said:

makar55 said:

Like they did for Malus.

Unique animations would to. Its a Paid DLC LL, not some FLC sleaze.
    makar55 said:

ArneSo said:

makar55 said:

Like they did for Malus.

If it’s the centrepiece unit it will get new animations for sure.
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 689
    edited September 2020
    ArneSo said:

Giant monsters appearing in Japanese movies and animations. Godzilla can be considered as one and his job is to protect Japan from other Kaijus.

On topic : The Khaine theme would be nice but seems a bit stretched out. If Khaine statues ever make it into the game I'd prefer to see them Ushabti sized and not Hierotitan/Giant sized (or something in between)

Still, if it's Skaven vs WE, I'm afraid the unit roster from the WE wouldn't have the focus from the devs it needs right now.
    ArneSo said:

makar55 said:

ArneSo said:

makar55 said:

Like they did for Malus.

If it’s the centrepiece unit it will get new animations for sure.
    Thats correct, the Medusae, Dread-lizard thing and others were getting such.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 5,903
    edited September 2020
    ArneSo said:

Kaiju means strange beast, it is in reference to movies such as ゴジラ (Godzilla). So any movie in Japan that feature strange giant creatures are referred to as 怪獣 * (Kaiju) films. Basically they are saying, "as long as it's not the size of a Godzilla like monster I'm okay with that." Thus the comment on it being smaller than the Stone Idol or Dread Saurian.

*Hope my Kanji is correct on that.

Edit: I see that Jycce beat me to it.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,026

To be fair, Skaven also had the most aspects of their roster missing, Ratling Guns, Jezzails and Doom Flayers in particular. Their campaign mechanics were

They also had quite a bad state at launch, their Food system being kinda busted and Clan pestilence playing not great, because of how the plague worked.

Now they are in a good state definitely, but Clan Moulder stuff is still something legitimate, that is missing and that should be there, adding Giant Rats/Wolf Rats, Rat Ogre Variants, Beastmasters and Brood Horrors will be great additions.
  • kelembriborkelembribor Registered Users Posts: 783
    makar55 said:

Like they did for Malus.

Dawn of War 2 had nice animations for Avatar of Khaine, something between automaton movement with slightly agile swings of blade would fit in my opinion.

makar55 said:

Like they did for Malus.

Dawn of War 2 had nice animations for Avatar of Khaine, something between automaton movement with slightly agile swings of blade would fit in my opinion.

Not bad, but I recall some unit was making sliding kind of attacks and it looked cool.
  • RichardNRoundRichardNRound Registered Users Posts: 910
    It's the last major thing I'd want to see in the dark elf roster. When it comes to implementation I'd do what the AOS TT does and use the statue of khaine from the shrine of khaine model. Right size, right look:

Add some new animations (which would probably also work great for a bone giant melee variant) and itd be a great unit. It should be pointed out that although this unit only became official in AOS it still definitely is from fantasy.

a them doesn't matter when it isn't interesting, I could work out a peasant themed DLC for the empire because they have poor people, doesn't mean it would be good
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,263

a them doesn't matter when it isn't interesting, I could work out a peasant themed DLC for the empire because they have poor people, doesn't mean it would be good
    Clan Moulder is the second most important clan and is missing a lot of units, Moulder even had an army list. You don't like Skaven and that's fine but it's not because you have no interest in such lord pack that it shouldn't be made or it is unlikely.

To be fair, Skaven also had the most aspects of their roster missing, Ratling Guns, Jezzails and Doom Flayers in particular. Their campaign mechanics were

They also had quite a bad state at launch, their Food system being kinda busted and Clan pestilence playing not great, because of how the plague worked.

Now they are in a good state definitely, but Clan Moulder stuff is still something legitimate, that is missing and that should be there, adding Giant Rats/Wolf Rats, Rat Ogre Variants, Beastmasters and Brood Horrors will be great additions.
    yes they sucked at launch, but now they are easily in one of if not the best position of all factions, food is incredibly strong, and you have a lot of options on how to run it, compare that to all the othe base game races, lizardmen practically don't have one, influence is pretty much just an excuse to give OP traits for HE dark elves just make outrageous amounts of money, it's far better regardless of launch states, that's not taking into account that they have undercities, and far more tools in battle from the campaign map,

glorified hounds aren't interesting, nor would rat ogres that preform slightly differently, beastmasters aren't going to make monsters stronger, but that's it, pretty boring when you have one interesting monster brood horrors are meh at best, they should all come, but they aren't interesting and are thus low priority at best
  • RichardNRoundRichardNRound Registered Users Posts: 910

I think its pretty obvious to everyone that a clan moulder DLC is highly in demand, its the ast great clan responsible for most of the missing units from the skaven roster, and they could have a really fun campaign. Whether in this upcoming dlc or another one. Its pretty clear that your issue with this it just comes down to you not liking the skaven.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487

Clan Moulder. Not Interesting. A literal group of Skaven who dedicate themselves to the art of fleshcrafting. Capturing, mutating and breeding abominations they created for the sole purpose of profit and advancement of their own power to the detriment of all there creations are unleashed upon and in alot of cases this includes themselves. If Moulder ain't interesting what is to you out of curiosity?

I think its pretty obvious to everyone that a clan moulder DLC is highly in demand, its the ast great clan responsible for most of the missing units from the skaven roster, and they could have a really fun campaign. Whether in this upcoming dlc or another one. Its pretty clear that your issue with this it just comes down to you not liking the skaven.
    the idea would be interesting if they had an interesting monster that isn't in the game, just because people ask for it doesn't mean it's good, people asked for a lot of bad things

Clan Moulder. Not Interesting. A literal group of Skaven who dedicate themselves to the art of fleshcrafting. Capturing, mutating and breeding abominations they created for the sole purpose of profit and advancement of their own power to the detriment of all there creations are unleashed upon and in alot of cases this includes themselves. If Moulder ain't interesting what is to you out of curiosity?
    yes, they are not an interesting DLC because the only interesting monster they have has been in the game for years, only monster that is mildly interesting would be stormfiends, which are just going to be ratling guns or warpfire throwers but better in melee, they don't have much that is really interesting despite how many people have sucked them off