Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Potential units for dark elf DLC: Avatar of Khaine

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,047
    Yes, please.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487

yes, they are not an interesting DLC because the only interesting monster they have has been in the game for years, only monster that is mildly interesting would be stormfiends, which are just going to be ratling guns or warpfire throwers but better in melee, they don't have much that is really interesting despite how many people have sucked them off

So the argument is you don't like them and therfore it's bad. Not what I thought you were gunning for. I can't argue with a subjective pov other than my own subjectivity. Giant Monsters aren't what I'm looking for, I do love the Brood Horror. I've wanted Giant Rats and Throt the Unclean since before Game II's launch. Giant Rats could be considered FLC tier to some, but Throt is most certaintly a DLC character. He requires a new rig. Both bring new tactics to the Ratmen so I don't see how their a bad thing.

I don't want Stormfiends especially with Clan Moulder as we've had Skryre units for both Skaven DLCs but arguing they couldn't bring something to the table is disingenuous to me. Literally any unit can be dismissed so easily, it's all about how their implemented. Ghorgon is just a larger minotaur as an example.

But I'd still like to know what is considered interesting if not Moulder especially in terms of game 2 races.
  • xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Registered Users Posts: 924
    Definitely possible in a future Dark Elves pack. I still think Moulder will take the next one with Wood Elves but who knows after that.

So, either Tullaris, Rakarth or Shadowblade and selection of these units:
    • Khainite Master Assassin (Lord)
    • Assassin Apprentices (appear in Mark of Chaos-can be an Aspiring Champion type of unit)
    • Disciples of Khaine (from Warhammer Online-cheap unit that can keep itself, or others, in the battle)
    • Draich Masters (Champion of Executioners unit)
    • Avatar of Khaine (this whole thread!)
    • Urhan (Lord-Leader of a Shade Clan,guerrilla and ranged Lord)
    • Vauvalka-Literally "Shadow-casters", illegal users of the dark arts who can raise angry spirits and inflict them on a druchii’s rivals-for a price. A Hero option that is a male sorcerer (and yes, they do exist in the lore and use their arts in secret)
    • Bloodshades (Champion of Shade unit)
    • Beastmasters (Aspiring Champion type unit)
    • Hydra Variations ('Malekith's Chosen', 'Rakarth's Vendetta', 'The Claws of Khaine')
    • Black Ark Fleetmaster (Lord-need this with Lokhir)
    • Slaves/Slave Warriors (appear in Citadel Journal 21)
    That's a selection of stuff I've been able to find (and can do for every race in the game) and there is still more through the Cult of Slaanesh (though Slaanesh Monogods could use Druchii Anointed and Devoted of Slaanesh).
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,150
    So my major takeaways from this thread so far are:

1. People are generally ok with an Avatar of Khaine. Personally I would want a large single entity unit but not Giant sized. A bit smaller.
    2. One person just really hates Skaven
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,523

Definitely possible in a future Dark Elves pack. I still think Moulder will take the next one with Wood Elves but who knows after that.

• Assassin Apprentices (appear in Mark of Chaos-can be an Aspiring Champion type of unit)
    • Disciples of Khaine (from Warhammer Online-cheap unit that can keep itself, or others, in the battle)
    • Vauvalka-Literally "Shadow-casters", illegal users of the dark arts who can raise angry spirits and inflict them on a druchii’s rivals-for a price. A Hero option that is a male sorcerer (and yes, they do exist in the lore and use their arts in secret)
    • Hydra Variations ('Malekith's Chosen', 'Rakarth's Vendetta', 'The Claws of Khaine')
    That's a selection of stuff I've been able to find (and can do for every race in the game) and there is still more through the Cult of Slaanesh (though Slaanesh Monogods could use Druchii Anointed and Devoted of Slaanesh).
    The OP lore bit even mentioned chimeras, in other threads they mentioned basilsks for DE.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,981
    I'd quite like them to get the Basilisk to add too their beastie's, maybe some sort off wolves just too add some more faster creatures to their roster. I'd also quite like a slave unit off mixed races they could throw at the enemy.

There's some good ideas in this thread tho that could really work well as an LP

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,047
    edited September 2020
    Jycce said:

ArneSo said:

As long as it's not a Kaiju I'm okay with that. Giant sized, not Stone Idol or Dread Saurian sized.

Though of all 4 TWW2 races DE have the worst claim to another LP.

I read that term quite often, may I ask what Kaiju means?
    Giant monsters appearing in Japanese movies and animations. Godzilla can be considered as one and his job is to protect Japan from other Kaijus.

On topic : The Khaine theme would be nice but seems a bit stretched out. If Khaine statues ever make it into the game I'd prefer to see them Ushabti sized and not Hierotitan/Giant sized (or something in between)

Still, if it's Skaven vs WE, I'm afraid the unit roster from the WE wouldn't have the focus from the devs it needs right now.
    Your fears are fully justified. CA might go quantity>quality for the WE. And philistines will defend it.
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

The OP lore bit even mentioned chimeras, in other threads they mentioned basilsks for DE.
    Also Rephallim.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,590

A full list of nothing!
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member Registered Users Posts: 1,411
    Bies said:

I'm ok with a War Titan of Khaine, but Avatar of Khaine is a completely different thing in Warhammer Fantasy. It's not like 40k where Khaine is fragmented. There's only 1 Avatar and he is war incarnate able to take on multiple great daemons at once and emerge victorious.
  • DwarfSizedBeardDwarfSizedBeard Registered Users Posts: 936

yes, they are not an interesting DLC because the only interesting monster they have has been in the game for years, only monster that is mildly interesting would be stormfiends, which are just going to be ratling guns or warpfire throwers but better in melee, they don't have much that is really interesting despite how many people have sucked them off

So the argument is you don't like them and therfore it's bad. Not what I thought you were gunning for. I can't argue with a subjective pov other than my own subjectivity. Giant Monsters aren't what I'm looking for, I do love the Brood Horror. I've wanted Giant Rats and Throt the Unclean since before Game II's launch. Giant Rats could be considered FLC tier to some, but Throt is most certaintly a DLC character. He requires a new rig. Both bring new tactics to the Ratmen so I don't see how their a bad thing.

I don't want Stormfiends especially with Clan Moulder as we've had Skryre units for both Skaven DLCs but arguing they couldn't bring something to the table is disingenuous to me. Literally any unit can be dismissed so easily, it's all about how their implemented. Ghorgon is just a larger minotaur as an example.

But I'd still like to know what is considered interesting if not Moulder especially in terms of game 2 races.
    there is a large difference between a gorgon and a minotaur it's far closer to a giant, but in general the idea of the last clan gets way overhyped, there's not a lot interesting about the units, ultimately the most likely units are a hounds unit, reskins of rat ogres, and an even larger rat, moulder could have a very interesting campaign, but when one of the first things people say that they want in a dlc pack is a hounds unit, you know there's not much interesting about them, I can see them being useful, but they won't change the skaven game simply because they have to much firepower ti worry about bringing hounds after turn 5
  • DwarfSizedBeardDwarfSizedBeard Registered Users Posts: 936

So my major takeaways from this thread so far are:

1. People are generally ok with an Avatar of Khaine. Personally I would want a large single entity unit but not Giant sized. A bit smaller.
    2. One person just really hates Skaven

it's not a hatred of skaven, its an acceptance that a dlc where the most requested unit for them is a bunch of hounds isn't close to the most interesting option, I will never want large rats over a flaming champion of a God, nor a giant serpent wizard, or hell, even the sky cutter
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,905

As long as it's not a Kaiju I'm okay with that. Giant sized, not Stone Idol or Dread Saurian sized.

Except for the fact that they have the least amount of Legendary Lords.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870

Bies said:

I'm ok with a War Titan of Khaine, but Avatar of Khaine is a completely different thing in Warhammer Fantasy. It's not like 40k where Khaine is fragmented. There's only 1 Avatar and he is war incarnate able to take on multiple great daemons at once and emerge victorious.
    Funnily enough there's also an Avatar of Khaine in AoS with yet another completely different reasoning.

Honestly, it's just a working title for this unit. We just default to this term since it's the term GW uses in case of such entities.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,503
    Bies said:

skaven and high elves have far worse claims in deserving it, skaven have gotten by far the best post launch support, high elves have one interesting unit to add, and even then th we y have just gotten support, lizardmen are not likely to get it, but they definitely are up there in content, because they have the most actual interesting stuff left
    Skaven have not one but two TT lords left. They have TT units left. They have a theme left.

High Elves have a unit left, and a lord left. Also a better theme than anything the DE have.

The DE could absolutely make a LP, but they have no units left, no TT lords left, and would need to scrounge a theme and units up from the bottom of the barrel.
    Skaven got so much love in terms of mechanics and now they will get more (probably similar to Grom mechanics).
    Dark elves were cut from them. When doing these threads I thinking more about DE vs beastmen pack (before game 3).
    High elves did scrounge units up from the bottom of the barrel. (hero quest unit hmm)
    The DE got the bad end of the stick on mechanics
    ArneSo said:

I read that term quite often, may I ask what Kaiju means?
    I use it to refer to oversize monsters. It's Japanese for Godzilla sized monster.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,124
    I am so anti-Skaven at this point because of all Skaven fans constantly pushing that race I will most likely ignore this DLC if it is WE vs Skaven.

And yeah sucks for BM or other DLC races but really fed up with all the Skaven love. They got the best mechanics by far, amazing unit roster and people still keep pushing them. It beyond selfish, it is non-sensical at this point.
    edited September 2020
    LolTHELol said:

I am so anti-Skaven at this point because of all Skaven fans constantly pushing that race I will most likely ignore this DLC if it is WE vs Skaven.

And yeah sucks for BM or other DLC races but really fed up with all the Skaven love. They got the best mechanics by far, amazing unit roster and people still keep pushing them. It beyond selfish, it is non-sensical at this point.

They have the best stuff remaining. They were also heavily hinted at being next.

They have a TT lord, TT units, and a good theme remaining. DE don't have these things.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,523

"Cold One Beasthounds" from a Town Cryer Mordheim supplement.

If DE will get a hound unit, the above from another thread would be the best.

I mean wolfs or hounds are to boring for them, lustrian crocodile hounds sound much more fitting for the cold and reptilophil DE.
    edited September 2020

LolTHELol said:

They have the best stuff remaining. They were also heavily hinted at being next.

They have a TT lord, TT units, and a good theme remaining. DE don't have these things.
    Nope they do not. They got reskinned hydra, reskinned hounds, fatter rat that is a so-called lord and most likely will steal the dragon hunting and lab from other factions. So yeah, their next DLC could and should come in game 3 if it ever comes. They do not need anything more.

BM needs love, Norsca needs love, Brettonnia needs love, Empire needs love, Vampires needs love, Dwarfs needs love, Hell even TK needs few more units before silly sci-fi rats.
    LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

Nope they do not. They got reskinned hydra, reskinned hounds, fatter rat that is a so-called lord and most likely will steal the dragon hunting and lab from other factions. So yeah, their next DLC could and should come in game 3 if it ever comes. They do not need anything more.

BM needs love, Norsca needs love, Brettonnia needs love, Empire needs love, Vampires needs love, Dwarfs needs love, Hell even TK needs few more units before silly sci-fi rats.
    None of that changes the fact that Skaven have 2 TT lords to DEs 0. They have a theme left, two themes actually.

While the DE could scrounge up a LP Skaven have room for two.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

None of that changes the fact that Skaven have 2 TT lords to DEs 0. They have a theme left, two themes actually.

Nope they cannot. What they have left is silly re-skins. They should not get a single LP before every other race is done. They should wait in their sewers where they belong for their turn.

There are so many sources CA can use to make LP for any faction if they want to. First example is Norsca, second is Vampire Coast.
    LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

Nope they cannot. What they have left is silly re-skins. They should not get a single LP before every other race is done. They should wait in their sewers where they belong for their turn.

There are so many sources CA can use to make LP for any faction if they want to. First example is Norsca, second is Vampire Coast.
    They're reskins, if you define reskins as "multiple units with new models and animations".

The topic is on the DE. If we compare what the Skaven have left to the DE Skaven very clearly have more. The Avatar of Khaine is a lore sentence.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

They're reskins, if you define reskins as "multiple units with new models and animations".

The topic is on the DE. If we compare what the Skaven have left to the DE Skaven very clearly have more. The Avatar of Khaine is a lore sentence.
    It is a lore sentence, then it can be included. It is in lore.

The Avatar of Khaine can get some amazing new model and effects that would put any re-skins sci-fi rats can get to shame.
    LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

The Avatar of Khaine can get some amazing new model and effects that would put any re-skins sci-fi rats can get to shame.
    If what Skaven have left is all reskins then logically the Avatar would be a reskin.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

If what Skaven have left is all reskins then logically the Avatar would be a reskin.
    Nope avatar is not a re-skin. But what rats have left are definitely re-skins. Very cheap and low-quality re-skin at that. Hydra with rat heads, dogs with rat heads. O my god, such original and unique units.
    LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

Nope avatar is not a re-skin. But what rats have left are definitely re-skins. Very cheap and low-quality re-skin at that. Hydra with rat heads, dogs with rat heads. O my god, such original and unique units.
    Haha. If the Verminlord is a reskin this is a reskin.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

vermin lords are not coming till game 3 with or after Tranquil DLC.

No cowardly vermin lord can hope to look as cool as The Avatar of Khaine.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,905

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

You're a lot more patient than I. I lost all faith in them being anything other than a troll when they said the Skaven only have reskins left, while the Dark Elves have unique stuff left.

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

LolTHELol said:

You're a lot more patient than I. I lost all faith in them being anything other than a troll when they said the Skaven only have reskins left, while the Dark Elves have unique stuff left.
    Wow, such a nice argument. Accusing of someone being a troll, when clearly sewer rats have only re-skins left.

Please tell me which part of rat faced hydra and dogs is an unique model. Anyway, did not expect more from a rabid skaven fan boy.

Sci-fi rats do not deserve anything more, and any DLC with rats will be completely ignore by me.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    Lmfao, what is a Brood Horror a reskin of exactly? Literally any unit can be a reskin or have unique animations.
    All these tears about Moulder is why I like arguing in their favour rofl.
  • EmrysorEmrysor Registered Users Posts: 522
    Cortes31 said:

skaven and high elves have far worse claims in deserving it, skaven have gotten by far the best post launch support, high elves have one interesting unit to add, and even then th we y have just gotten support, lizardmen are not likely to get it, but they definitely are up there in content, because they have the most actual interesting stuff left
    Skaven are still missing one of their 4 great clans made playable properly, so they deserve another LP.
    They certainly do not deserve anything. But it would be nice to have it added. Notice the difference in wording?