Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bugs in our Campaigns - Reached the 125 Bug Milestone :)

IronBreadIronBread MemberRegistered Users Posts: 190
edited November 27 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
  1. Sometimes when going to the Trade Ancillaries screen, no ancillaries appear, even if you have ancillaries.

2. If there are characters who dislike each other, and you dismiss the only character disliked, the dislike icon still appears in the Army and Generals panel on the bottom right of the campaign UI.

3. When a title is earned, the notification icon on the left side of the campaign UI for it is Ancillaries Earned.

4. If the wife of the faction leader is executed, her avatar still appears Court screen over the larger avatar of the faction leader.

5. Organise Guerillas assignment does not apply the +15% damage to hostile forces when placed on a gate pass. Not sure about the effects of other assignments.

6. Playing as Sun Jian (Sun Quan at the end of the game), Gan Ning cannot activate his rain of arrows ability, he only starts to do the animation but does not cast the ability and stands still without doing anything.

7. In the campaign the kingdom of Song and kingdom of Wei established their kingdoms, when we captured the capital of Song, the typical message of the destruction of the Song empire appears, but later song re-created a new empire capital and one turn later was confederated for the kingdom of Wei. Is that allows to happen?

8. If the enemy army has two of your spies as generals, there is a double extraction bug: you cannot extract either of them as the button functions in the dilemma windows do not work.

9. As Zhang Liang, 4/5 crash to desktops, no mods, when the turn 1 rebel army has a green general and night battles are turned on.

10. As Eight Princes, the population increases do not increase construction slots. The mod below fixes that:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2254394965

11. As MoH YTs, Opportunism is not applying AP missile and melee damage to own retinue units. I did not check in Rise of the Warlords or AWB campaigns.

12. If you do 4 or more treacherous actions, the treacherous diplomatic standing does not change (e.g., if it is -49, it stays at that value). Tested by pressing turn for 6 turns in a row.

13. When playing Zhang Bao, the following mission did not show objective until I came out of another menu (e.g. Faction Summary)

14. After a char leaves a faction and joins a new faction, the flag in the middle of the screen is not updated, as per the image below.

15. As bandits, does reducing enemy loot equal reducing enemy military supplies if the enemy is not a bandit faction? If so, indicate somewhere in the text:

16. As bandits, the Guile and Unpredictability skills give Guerilla deployment to retinue units.

17. For bandits, the Stealth skill of Sentinel generals shows Enables: Stalk twice.

18. For faction leaders, text is overflowing the black background text box on the right side of the box:

19. As bandits, recruiting this sentinel, or maybe all of them, shows a locked unit that will be possible to be recruited at rank 0:

20. As Emperor Shamoke, a ministry position gives +1 enemy spy cover cost. No one can spy on Nanman.

21. Going for divorce for a char that is a minister shows this window. yet, if you divorce, you still keep the position

22. Cannot annex Nanman vassal because they have not researched the reform to allow them to be annexed?

23. If the new mercenary contract is started, the fame bar is maxed out, possibly due to the fame bar from the previous contract carrying over. This second contract does not work. The bar stays maxed out.

24. Yuan Shao is not leaving me as Emperor in MOH. Year 200, and he still in my court.

25. Numerous people cannot get the “Upon Closer Inspection” achievement.

26. Where are the Annex Faction and Demand Abdication features in the spy window? They appear to have been removed by accident if they are meant to be there.

27. Do not allow major Nanman factions from getting confederated by minor ones.

28. Unit level does not appear in the battle for some units

29. Diaochan does not have skills in the Romance node. I did not check it in Records mode.

30. It says we are at war for -142 turns. We are not at war.

31. The hotfix rebellion bug that was supposed to be fixed appears to be still happening (unless I misunderstood the fix)

32. The Melee attack bonus for difficulty, is it supposed to be melee damage? Is that a bug?

33. Due to his governance gain method, Liu Biao's campaign progression is hampered early game and reached too fast to the max in mid/late game. This mod redesigns it to have a better progression.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2228619674

34. Melee evasion from Mulu's armor not applying to him Melee Evasion - Base

35. Elephant units start battles with fire at will off. Always have to turn it on. Count them in the Fire at Will on option units in the settings. I think other units go through this issue. Chen Royal Guard, Mounted horse archer units, including the unique ones of Gongsun Zan.

36. On two campaigns as Meng Huo, the confederate event with Zhurong did not trigger. I did all of the favors for her. It starts if both factions have visibility over each other.

37. If you play as Nanman and accept a mercenary contract, there is no reward event for 20 turns.

38. In the court menu, the character traits are unreadable. Personal traits like +1 unit experience or 25 experience gain per turn are not shown anymore when considering characters on a position that considers the bonuses they provide.

39. At least 3 out of 4 campaigns in Romance mode, Yuan Shao keeps dying in around 65 years old. Can the roll RNG for death start at age 70 instead of 60?

40. When doing coop as Nanman with Han coop partner, cannot do deals with them due to cultural differences. The suggestion is to allow that to be an exception between players.

41. All elephant mounts disappeared.

42. As King Shamoke, court positions are mostly empty after I became emperor

43. As King Shamoke, I cannot demand abdication from other Emperors.

44. As King Shamoke, I cannot recruit Protectors of Heaven or Defenders of Earth. I can understand if that is intentional, given the Nanman faction buffs to units from reforms/generals/fealties, but it would be great to recruit these units without getting those buffs.

45. Elephants standing up after dying

46. In Coop, there is no option for Timeless Characters.

47. Zhou Tai missing portrait

48. As Shamoke going for Emperor, I have not seen any new candidates to recruit. Over ten turns have passed since I declared for Emperor, and also I have all Nanman lands. This issue is a big problem, as I need to wait for children to grow up or push to capture Han generals.

49. As MoH YT, you can still offer to cooperate with Liu Biao. If you accept it, it supersedes alliance with other MoH YT factions, leading you to be at war with the other YTs.

50. There appears to be a limit to how retinues can enter a battle. I played a King Shamoke battle with four armies, expecting 12 retinues in the battle, but at least 3 of them did not enter the battle.

51. Xiahou Dun gave birth to himself

52. Item descriptions show that the scope of factionwide benefits is for characters in Prime Minister, Heir, or Faction Leader. Given the different cultures and their leadership positions, it is best to solve this by expanding item descriptions. For example, the Nanman's item descriptions can be expanded to Advisor, Seer, Prime Minister, Heir, Faction Leader, or top Minister Positions.

53. Mountains in the background become a blur, and the blur moves.

54. As King Shamoke, if you marry Meng Li to Duo Si manually before the dilemma appears, the rest of the Duo Si dilemmas do not appear for the rest of the campaign. Also, this dilemma cancellation might lead to Duo Si declaring war.

55. Liu Bei's new Shu Han Tax collector still gives negative Public Order penalties in MoH.

56. Shamoke led army sometimes does not appear on the pre-battle screen. If there is a reinforcing army, it seems to lead the engagement.

57. The army Shamoke leads disappear as you zoom in/out and move in WADS direction on the map.

58. Multiple ladies can be married to Meng Huo

59. As Sun Ce, even if you select the progress or failed challenges, the completed ones appear.

60. In the historical battles or at least the bridge one, gives both generals' elephant abilities.

61. Mute Sound in Background does not always work. It works less frequently than frequently.

62. Autoresolve having weird estimations and results.

63. The set was on and active a few turns before. It appears Shamoke is not wearing his armor, even though he has since turn 1, and it has not been removed.

64. As Sun Ce, the checkmarks are not updating, and there is missing black filling on the bottom right side of the window. I cannot proceed further.

65. If you settle Nanman lands in MOH before 190 (when they appear), you are kicked out of ownership of them. Is that by design, or you all had something else in mind? It seems messed up, hehe.

66. I can't see on this map. That is with Extreme Shadows. When shadows are off, it is visible—King Shamoke's turn 1 battle map.

67. Children of Han characters seem to not move over to Nanman faction (at least by flag symbol in the family tree)

68. All characters here are in harmony. When previewing a lord in that situation to a tribal position, it shows a disharmony icon, and it should not. Once put in the position, it is corrected by only showing the harmony (green) icon.

69. Royal Palace LVL 1-4 boost income from all sources, but LVL 5 switches to boost peasantry only. Is that intended?

70. Sun Ren in my Mulu campaign has 3 Children with Shi Xin (1x is in the Kingdom of Son, 1x is in the Kingdom of Wu 1x is with me). Sun Ren is with me, and her husband is with Cao Cao.

71. The Dong gave birth to Cao Pi?!

72. Uh yeah. I only clicked Court. Happens sporadically. MOH Dong Zhuo.

73. Nanman units missing weapons

74. Lady Zhurong brother's fire weapon on the campaign map is out of place and does not follow weapon movement

75. Does Shie Xie get Duchy or Kingdom campaign title/effects before he captures an emperor seat? In my campaign, his title stayed as Shi Xie until I captured an emperor seat.

76. As Nanman, when you confederate another Nanman, the unit cap units show 0 in recruited quantity, even if you already have the unit

77. As Nanman, the total unit cap is yours plus the Vassal factions until it resets to only yours the next turn.

78. Are barricades bugged? You can't break them in melee until army losses or large leadership penalties have occurred.

79. Vassal treachery bug is back

80. Yuan Shao large amount of vassals appear to be back.

81. Kingdom of Wu battlefield flags are still the ones from the previous patch

82. Unequipping elephant mount makes it disappear (at least the first researched one)

83. Text describing appointed leader bonuses is cropping outside of the screen. I cannot see all of the benefits.

84. If you vassal a Nanman faction, then liberate them. It looks like they carry all of the fealties you were having.

85. However, it would seem that some terrain types could potentially still apply the Caltrop penalty. The Mod below fixes the issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2132907090

86. The problem that Li Ru, Xun You, and Wei Yan's armors don't provide any armor value in campaigns

87. The problem that Li Ru, Xun You, and Wei Yan's armors don't provide any armor value in customized battle

88. The problem that the new official abilities are given to Li Ru, Xun You, and Wei Yan does not have any attributes bonus

89. The problem that Xun Yu and Lady Diao Chan don't have abilities shown in battle

90. The problem that Huang Gai, Xun You, Xun Yu, and many other generals have no weapon model in-game

91. Mod link below fixes the five issues listed above.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2219351487

92. Title "General who Smashes the Caitiffs" doesn't provide the faction wide melee damage bonus

93. AR appears to be bugged. I see, despite our superior forces, our advisers expect a valiant defeat and for inferior forces, a pyrrhic victory.

94. The parameter field for multiple projectiles isn't working, so to match the original five projectile shot, the mod below sets them to do a burst of 5 with 0 delays between the shots.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2218683194

95. PO issues with gates. The Mod below fixes that:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2219509786

96. Sun Ce flag on AWB does not work

97. Lu Bu's Camp Crusher units appear unkillable/unbreakable

98. You can walk past gates of non-enemy factions. Makes the gate pointless

99. A lot of UI delay bugs. Like I would see a movement icon from where my army was the previous turn.

100. If you fail and ambush and the enemy army still attacks you, the enemy does not push forward. You can engage or let the timer run out.

101. For generals, elephant mount is 96k health, which equals 24 model elephant units' health. Horse mount has 110k health. Was it forgotten to set the elephant mount health to a different value?

102. Is the terrain of this map supposed to look this steep? It is very jarring. The map is Pencheng.

103. Two characters with the same name

104. Nanman characters with Han names of notable figures

105. Army not visible and cannot engage it if I close up upon it in the campaign map. If I zoom out, I can see it and engage it in battle.

106. Han character missing leg

107. Missing the letter "i"

108. General got stuck getting back on his horse after a duel and just stood next to it, couldn't receive many orders anymore, and the mount/dismount button was inactive

109. Melee Evasion is all messed up for Nanman recruits

110. Only one Han Kingdom emerged when you play Nanman making ultimate victory (conquer 3) impossible

111. Female Nanman character old as hell (haven't met any below 25 except children coming of age way later)

112. Nanman unit wolfpack passive is not working.

113. Nanman seer/advisor and heir position only displaying a fraction of their actual buffs before you put them in the position

114. Spam of common ancillaries in Nanman campaign

115. Building description inconsistent (sometimes says locally applied bonus sometimes doesn't say that nor does it say global)

116. Are Tactician Design and Celestial Fury sets only work with Shi Xie now?

117. Occasional Black screens while loading.

118. Enemies walk right through passes that I own to attack me. Also, enemies are retreating through passes, which I own.

119. Juggernauts are spinning around when no one is controlling them.

120. Juggernauts are shooting flames when no one is controlling them.

121. Units are attacking juggernauts when no one is alive to control it.

122. MOH Nanman also spawn with elite units of Han and Bandit factions. E.g., Black Mountain bandits on Zhurong's faction. Below are Han unit examples. Ah, it seems that those are placeholder retinues that landless factions get in MOH. I guess Nanman does not have their retinues, so they are getting some other culture ones.

123. Should Shi Xie get his own faction in the MOH campaign, Yuan Shao and Kong Rong do? He does not appear to be.

124. Please, allow zooming in and out in the family tree. It gets annoying to get around when the family is large from left to right.

125. When a certain amount of adoptions are reached, the line connecting the family deforms.

126. I got this error starting the game. No mods.

127. If you are in full-screen mode when you start loading into a campaign and Alt-Tab, you get the black screen. Ongoing problem since release.

128. In Records Mode, the Juggernaut does not shoot flames.

129. Uhh, something happened to this title and numerical value for Anding in the MOH campaign.

130. If you replace your heir with a female, this text is wrong as it says at least one general (who was supposed to be the heir) is male. Shamoke's faction heir is male, but I kicked him and made Meng Li (female) my faction heir.

131. Should it say faction heir on character description if he is in another faction? Can confuse you if you don't notice the flag next to the char is different than your own

132. As generals reach and pass level 4, they will gain more resilience attributes, and that is part of the reason you see AI with all random generic generals, especially in the late game. Mod below cancels all the resilience of randomly generated generals (including randomly generated offspring). Even if they have high status and level, they will die if they lose a battle.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1998519171

133. Fix bug of Zhuge Liang coming to event Liu Bei only. There is a bug in this event that Zhuge Liang will join Liu Bei's faction without the unique armor and the personal painting. In the mod below, Zhuge Liang will be born in 181 as in history and be visited by Liu Bei in 199 when he had just been an adult.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2089623522

134. Make AI recruit units based on character type (E.g., sentinels recruit sword/axe units).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1895244273

135. In the MoH, Gongsun Zan will become a faction in 187 at the capital of Youbeiping with the mod below. I think it can be copied and modified for Shi Xie. It will not trigger if Gongsun Zan is killed before 187.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1984124095

136. The mod below fixes the problem that sometimes parents give birth to children that don't take their last names. This is because some of the historical characters are set to be born by any parents (such as Dong Yun, Luo Tong).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2030552004

If anyone else has experienced any bugs, reply to this thread. Thanks!
Regards,

IronBread
Post edited by IronBread on

Comments

• RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,318
    edited September 7
    If you edit too much your posts go into approval pending. If your thread "vanishes" you don't have to repost it again. Just wait till it's approved.
  • IronBreadIronBread Member Registered Users Posts: 190
    edited September 8
    edit: removed duplicate post
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 8
    Edit: added more bugs to the list.
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 10
    Edit: added more to the list
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 10
    Regards,

IronBread
  • theleviethelevie Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 25
    This is a good collection. I've personally experienced most of these bugs as well. The UI delay is particularly annoying and makes me feel the game is going crash any moment!
    Oh yeah, at first I was super confused too. Then I saw the delay happen across many different situations. Not game breaking, but annoying.

The frame rate/stuttering on the campaign map is by far the worse issues at the moment
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 8
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 8
    Added attacking AI army does not move forward in battle after I fail an ambush and they attack the same turn
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 8
    NOT A BUG: Imperial units' replenishment appears to be bugged as the units have negative replenishment.

At the very least, the Imperial Sword Guard
    Regards,

IronBread
    Imperial units' replenishment appears to be bugged as the units have negative replenishment.

Believe it or not, that's normal.
    Thank you, brother. Assumed it was always an issue.
    Regards,

IronBread
    Thank you, brother. Assumed it was always an issue.

Basically it's a design choice so people wouldn't doomstack with them. We actually managed to talk CA into reducing the replenishment penalty (which was -28% + 4% base replenishment for -24% total base replenishment).
    edited September 7
    I wish they were the emperor unlocked units instead of defender units. I have 1.2k hours in the game and have never bothered to recruit the imperial units. My buddy showed me the low replenishment before and again so I assumed it was a problem.
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 10
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 10
    Regards,

IronBread
  • epic_159732942037ge9H8xOepic_159732942037ge9H8xO Registered Users Posts: 189
    edited September 9
    Evasion is all mest up for Nanman recruits
    Only one Han Kingdom emerges when you play Nanman making ultimate victory (conquer 3) impossible
    Female Nanman character old as hell (havent met any below 25 except children coming of age way later)
    Nanman unit wolfpack passive is not working...
    Nanman seer/advisor and heir position only displaying a fraction of their actual buffs before you put them in the position
    Spam of common ancillaries in Nanman campaign
    4x Game hardcrash (first times ever in 3K for me)
    Building description inconsistend (sometimes says locally applied bonus sometimes doesnt say that nor does it say global)
  • epic_159732942037ge9H8xOepic_159732942037ge9H8xO Registered Users Posts: 189
    Oh and legendary armourer commandry will not produce legendary armor for Nanmans
    Problem might be that there is no such gear in the game (except character unique ones)
    edited September 10
    Hi epic,

I added those to the list. Thank you :)
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 10
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 10
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 10
    Regards,

IronBread
  • ccnetto27ccnetto27 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Please, put the stuttering UI in campaing map at the TOP of the list.

This is the worse of ALL bugs this patch introduced, cause its so annoying that makes the game UNPLAYABLE in low tier CPUs...

CA must understand this is a priority!
    Hell, not even low tier CPUs. I have a 3700 and it is stuttering bad with Shi Xie and the Nanman factions, at least. Shi Xie across any point on the map.

Before this I was running this game extremely smoothly
    Regards,

IronBread
    I put it at the top of the list. Thank you.
    Regards,

IronBread
  • Avenger237Avenger237 Registered Users Posts: 246

Oh and legendary armourer commandry will not produce legendary armor for Nanmans
    Problem might be that there is no such gear in the game (except character unique ones)

I think it's a case of poor RNG luck with this one. In my Meng Huo campaign I received 3 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze Nanman armours from the legendary armourer in Shu
    Copy that. His comment stays but goes off the list. Thanks, mate.
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 11
    Regards,

IronBread
    edited September 11