Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Changing the MASS & charge speed for horses

shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 464
edited September 7 in Community Mods
so i'm trying to make an overall "nerf" mod to all horses in the game,
i'm aiming for 10% to 20% percent

i did change the collision tables by 20% and it worked
but the horses still got this OP "impact charge" that kept them in the OP zone

i tried reworking the "impact charge" by reducing the CHARGE SPEED & the MASS for all the horses in the Battle_entities
but the game wont start with me modding these tables

any tips or help ?!

Comments

• RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,219
    edited September 7
    To nerf cavalry you "just" have to reduce the collision damage in the kv_rules tables.

When we talked about it and I ran some quick tests : https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2600736#Comment_2600736 (in there)

I just changed the following values :
    collision_damage_armour_penetration_ratio 0,2
    collision_damage_maximum 500

This is already a pretty potent nerf to cavalry imho. (While keeping it lethal to unbraced units)
    TW : Three Kingdoms. Units not running in battles ? You probably came down to a bad case of floor is caltrops. Use this miraculous cure to make your soldiers hoppity happy again : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2132907090 (NEW : Alternatively use the 1.6.1 BETA patch)
  • shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 464

hi Rewan, thanks for replying

the reason that i'm trying to do more than reducing the collision damage is that i dislike "hundreds kills in a matter of seconds" by horses
    specially that i'm always flanking the Ai and not charging into braced formation
    ambush battles are very easy when i have horses, they destroy everything quickly
    ...and...
    i will definitely settle with ur approach if i couldn't solve how to change horses mass & charge speed
    but could u explain to me how did u settle into these settings:
    "collision_damage_armour_penetration_ratio 0,2"
    "collision_damage_maximum 500"
    and where should i put them say if i want the nerf percentage to be 20% or 15%

thanks..
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,219
    edited September 7
    "collision_damage_armour_penetration_ratio 0,2"

That was Rome 2 value.

"collision_damage_maximum 500"

Models usually have 600 HP, limiting the maximal amount of damage to 500 (with only 20% of it being AP rather than 50%) means that you "overkill" less. Which means that Charge Bonus is actually more important than before (with low charge cavalry having less "possibility" to kill compared to high charge cavalry)
    TW : Three Kingdoms. Units not running in battles ? You probably came down to a bad case of floor is caltrops. Use this miraculous cure to make your soldiers hoppity happy again : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2132907090 (NEW : Alternatively use the 1.6.1 BETA patch)
  • shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 464
    thanks man,,
    this is very helpful