Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Troy: Warhammer II game files found possible ties to Beastmen

gunner8521gunner8521 Registered Users Posts: 488
Just Letting the forum now of a possible leak. Take with it as you will.

Comments

• HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,253
    I ain't clicking that SpongeBob meme.

I'm guessing they read too much into the moon files and thats it?
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,657
    Fairly interesting. Hope he’s right and the WE dlc is a good one because as things are, they’re my least favourite faction in ME
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,625

no its about voice lines for beastmn and woc that got added with snkich ,grom ,imrik

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,253

no its about voice lines for beastmn and woc that got added with snkich ,grom ,imrik
    Oh okay nothing new then
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 1,548
    Game using same engine doesn't have all assets removed because the effect is small and the workload is high, news at 11.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    Are you a fake account of this dendrofil guy?
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,907
    Aw, I literally just posted this in the Community Section. lol

Thanks for this!

It's six minutes, you literally could've gotten the answer faster just by skimming. :|

Anyways, no, I realized one of the leaks we got early last month ended up giving away the Wood Elves, and it then gives away even more past that.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    So they have been working on the wood elves since before green skins? Wow crazy
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,215
    lucibuis said:

We don’t know that for a fact. Just speculation but it’s probably a good bet.

Back in February, there were some updates on SteamDB to the Wood Elves DLC so maybe that’s an indicator of it.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
    lucibuis said:

Possibly. They've definitely been in the plans longer than the Greenskins, but I'm all-but-positive they haven't been actively worked on longer. But even still, that much time to plan can only be a good thing.
    edited September 2020

lucibuis said:

Possibly. They've definitely been in the plans longer than the Greenskins, but I'm all-but-positive they haven't been actively worked on longer. But even still, that much time to plan can only be a good thing.
    The guy expects huge things from this DLC. I do too, don’t disappoint CA, a lot is at stake. Take your time if needed. Ariel and fairy dragons depend on you.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,704
    Man, don't get my hopes up.
    Glory matters not.

• GeneralTGeneralT Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 135
    If cause they plan ahead of the main team, I think it`s called preproduction ;)
    But it is differently positive.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,655
    Just gimme that BM LP after the WE!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,475
  • gunner8521gunner8521 Registered Users Posts: 488
    makar55 said:

Are you a fake account of this dendrofil guy?

Nope Just A recent subscriber on his Channel.
    Surge_2 said:

Man, don't get my hopes up.

I really, really don't like to get worked up about nothing normally, but I think in this particular instance, it's pretty safe to get your hopes up. This leak happened at the start of July, and found files for Wood Elves, Beastmen and Warriors of Chaos. Since then, the Wood Elves were announced as a DLC, and then CA announced the Savage Edition, which features the Beastmen and Chaos.

It would seem extremely odd and wasteful to me, to record extra dialogue for these factions in the Vortex campaign, then put them in to a special edition to have more people get access to them, and then... Do absolutely nothing with it. I think something involving the Beastmen and Chaos is likely. Whether that's a Lord Pack, or just a Vortex start position, or a rework of them, or even something else, I think they're definitely, definitely being looked at for a content drop of some kind.
    GeneralT said:

If cause they plan ahead of the main team, I think it`s called preproduction ;)
    But it is differently positive.

Right, which is totally fair, and I pointed out in the video there's one time where they obviously planned for something that didn't happen - the Vampire Coast and Vampire Count dialogue options. But beyond that... We don't really seem to see a long pre-production schedule. Marcus Wolfhart and Nakai, for example, have no dialogue for the Greenskins, as they weren't released or even planned that far in advance, and none of the game 2 core lords have Empire or Dwarf specific dialogues, for example.

So while yes, they clearly do preproduction on some stuff, it isn't as far out as you might think. Heck, even Malus and Snikch don't have dialogue for the Greenskins, and they were in the DLC immediately preceding that one. Yet they've clearly had quite a long foresight on the Wood Elves (Two DLCs earlier, which is a longer lead time than any other Lord Pack), and that still leaves the peculiar Beastmen and Warriors of Chaos dialogue options. Preproduction is one thing, but CA hasn't had the Game 2 Lord Pack voice actors record dialogue for non-Vortex races yet, with the sole exception of the Vampire Coast and Vampire Counts.

There's something fishy afoot, I tell you!
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,374
    Any way to listen to those new audio files? Maybe theres a hint-
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,332
    To be fair; The Races and Characters getting lines for others later races shouldn't be indicator for something, it quite honestly, is something CA should have done from the start. (See no Dwarf v Skaven voicelines.)
    edited September 2020

Any way to listen to those new audio files? Maybe theres a hint-

There's a link with the new Dialogues in it.
    https://imgur.com/a/aYPg3jq

To be fair; The Races and Characters getting lines for others later races shouldn't be indicator for something, it quite honestly, is something CA should have done from the start. (See no Dwarf v Skaven voicelines.)

I don't disagree, but that's the way it is: When a Lord Pack launches, it gets diplomacy dialogues relevant to what's in Vortex campaign at that time, or what's planned to come to Vortex campaign at that time. It wouldn't have been dramatically more work to have voice actors have dialogue for every race, and would've been handy for things like what you said (Additionally, Malekith having unique dialogues with the Dwarves would have been appreciated as well), but unfortunately that ship has sailed.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,794
    I want to believe..

I want bm rework and lp so badly....

SO BADLY!

Repanse has lines for chaos but not wood elves, interesting

Steamage said:

I want to believe..

SO BADLY!

lucibuis said:

Huh. Yeah, that is weird, eh?
    The rework and lord packs will come for sure, either as standalone or pre order

Steamage said:

I want to believe..

SO BADLY!

lucibuis said:

Jabbers are not as cool as ghorgon. Fight me

Steamage said:

I want to believe..

SO BADLY!

lucibuis said:

It's really hard to make a Ghorgon fly though, and I needed a flying unit to cover the UFO/Lizardmen Temple City.

Steamage said:

I want to believe..

SO BADLY!

lucibuis said:

It's really hard to make a Ghorgon fly though, and I needed a flying unit to cover the UFO/Lizardmen Temple City.
    Flying over rated , sword arms go woosh.

• MarkerMarker Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    edited September 2020
    The DLC will be WE VS SKAVEN WITH A WE FLC AND A SKAVEN/WE HERO WITH NEW UNITS.

This has to do with the Savage edition and the fact that the BM are Next in line against a DE FLC with hopefully the Dwarves.

WoC / Norsca are probably saved for part Three since they can make an Appearance on the game three Map.

They already announced game two race vs WE and WE FLC.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,655
    Marker said:

This has to do with the Savage edition and the fact that the BM are Next in line against a DE FLC with hopefully the Dwarves.

WoC / Norsca are probably saved for part Three since they can make an Appearance on the game three Map.

BM not getting a LP after WE getting one would be ridiculous and is unacceptable.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,256
    edited September 2020
    ArneSo said:

Marker said:

BM not getting a LP after WE getting one would be ridiculous and is unacceptable.
    And yet very possible!

In April (I think) Grace said there were two DLCs left, G & P and the WE one. So some people think WH 3 was delayed and now we get a third Lord Pack. After all the years the BM got ignored they will get the DLC spot which only may exist because of COVID? Can’t imagine that!

I think it is the same as with Chaos Warriors. They decided esrly they will fix them wir WH 3.

Again: if there is another DLC after the WE one the chances are high it only exits due to COVID. And I think the plans for a VM rework are older than COVID

Edit: Also I think the hord mechanic needs a complete overhaul and we will get it with game 3.
    Sigmar protect us all...