Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Let's talk about the future

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 9,548
edited September 13 in Total War General Chat
For DLC:

Hope STEPPE NOMADS are next so Yuan Shao successors can take refuge in Wuhuan and Gongsun Zan would have enemies in the north for the next CHAPTER PACK and the map would be bigger which means more area to roam by then.

For Stand Alone Expansion:

I believe Three Kingdoms team already moved and working for the next big expansion aside from DLC team. Wonder if it will still have 2 modes.

My prediction is WARRING STATES PERIOD.

For Saga:

I hope it's about KOREAN THREE KINGDOMS. Hope no more Superheroes though. It fits the description of Saga titles.

What do you think?
---------------------

*******Mongols deserve their own game that's why I didn't mention them.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,045
    edited September 11
    DLC:

Yes im hoping for a northern expansion next too. I wholy agree it should come before a guan du chapter pack.

Stand Alone Expansion:

Not happening anytime soon. They ought to fully flesh out the three kingdoms period first. And get rid of all the major bugs.

Saga:

I'm hoping for a revisit to japan tbh. The size fits a saga game. And as i mentioned in other posts: i want to use the famous generals of the sengoku era.
  • SanzquechievSanzquechiev Registered Users Posts: 49
    Laindesh said:

DLC:

Yes im hoping for a northern expansion next too. I wholy agree it should come before a guan du chapter pack.

Stand Alone Expansion:

Not happening anytime soon. They ought to fully flesh out the three kingdoms period first. And get rid of all the major bugs.

Saga:

I'm hoping for a revisit to japan tbh. The size fits a saga game. And as i mentioned in other posts: i want to use the famous generals of the sengoku era.

Japan saga was already published as fall of the samurai right?

I hope for the all line period to fill from mandate to 8princess which will become a big grand historical chinese game
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,690
    After ca has fleshed out 3k with additional expansion packs and dlc’s 2021/2022 let’s move on to medieval 3.
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 232
    edited September 11
    Northern tribe def needs to come out next before Guan du . Tadun becoming a vassel or coalition ally of yuan Shao makes a lot of sense and were fiercely loyal to yuan Shao to the point they assisted the yuan sons and even escaped with them to gongsun du. Hopefully coming with Liu Yu free lord pack who was known for being respected by the northern tribes that they left him alone .

They also need to work out a new way for certain characters to join other factions . Liao Hua , Zhou Cang , Liu pi , Bian Xi and to some degree pei yuanshao (he wanted to join Guan Yu but never ended up doing so) were yellow turbans who ended up joining hanic factions . It would be more interesting if they kept their yellow turban classes in Guan du as opposed to turning then hanic imo . While Guan du is hugely about Cao cao and yuan Shao we need to think of other factions too and Liu bie and his reunification with his brother and escaping from both Shao and Cao was a key part of Guan du too . Liu bei would get potentially get 3 (maybe 4 if they make it possible to get pei yuanshao though an event ) of these officers on his side
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    Northern tribes and Guandu are future DLCs. I am not sure which will come first.

Honestly, I don't want any standard alone expansion for Three Kingdoms. I want more cultures and chapters for Three Kingdoms. This game still misssing a lots of content.

Saga games? Who cares.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    Liu Chong and He Yi should be playable in 194.
  • united84united84 Registered Users Posts: 801
    I hope CA learnt their lesson from the release of Nanman. It was not exactly all that spectacular compared to Mandate of Heaven or even awb.

They probably need to reassess who are they going to target 3K content to. The nanman and other foreign factions ought to start off with being Non-playable faction and eventually may be flash out as DLC or FLC. The focus really should be polishing the main faction which is terribly lacking.

1. More playable han factions.
    2. More assets, armor and weapons for the Han units. Regionalisation.
    3. More ancillaries.
    4. Scripted events.
    5. More characters.
    6. New mechanics for Han factions especially with regards to army management.
    7. New structures on campaign map.

I would rather fork out money for the above content than some foreign factions which I have zero interest.
    I might be the minority here as most vocal forummers are advocating for foreign factions. However, there is always a thing call the "silent majority".

I am also all for an single expansion for Warring State. Preferably a new engine which is not recycled from TW3K, that engine is broken. Warring State era is quite popular in Asia. So, no problem selling this theme.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 10,499
    edited September 11
    Expansion Packs:
    - Northern Barbarians
    - Korean Kingdoms
    - Western Barbarians

Culture Pack:
    - Nanyue tribes

Chapter Packs:
    - Guandu
    - Chibi
    - Northern Expedition

Stand Alone/ Saga game:
    - Warring States or 16 Kingdoms

I don’t think we will get Saga games and Stand alone Expansions at the same time, especially not after Fall of the Samurai being turned into a Saga Titel. It’s more likely that we will just get a Saga game after 3k is officially done.
    LESAMA said:

After ca has fleshed out 3k with additional expansion packs and dlc’s 2021/2022 let’s move on to medieval 3.

Hmm, I wouldnt mind another character centric game in Japan (for previously stated reasons).

However, i wouldn't mind a good medievil 3 either :)

Laindesh said:

DLC:

Stand Alone Expansion:

Saga:

Japan saga was already published as fall of the samurai right?

I hope for the all line period to fill from mandate to 8princess which will become a big grand historical chinese game
    Eh, it feels cheap to rehash an old expansion as a saga game. I want another proper one :3
    Laindesh said:

LESAMA said:

Hmm, I wouldnt mind another character centric game in Japan (for previously stated reasons).

However, i wouldn't mind a good medievil 3 either :)
    We just had Shogun 2 around 10 years ago, it’s time for Medieval 3 or a TW game about Aztecs, Incas and Conquistadors.

My personal wishes for future TW games:

- Medieval 3 focusing on the Mongolian Empire with a map stretching from Ireland in the West to Japan in the East and from Sweden in the North to Indonesia in the South. Could be split up into 2 stand alone games with 1 combined map like the WH titles. Part 1 would focus on Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Part 2 would focus on Asia.

- Age of Exploration focusing on Conquistadors, Aztecs and Inca.

- Victoria with the whole world as the campaign map focusing on Imperialism and Colonialism.

- Pike and Shot focusing on Europe and set around 1600.

- 30 years war as a Saga title focusing on the Holy Roman Empire and the surrounding countries like, France, Denmark, Sweden and so on.

I would like to see the future TW titles coming in a chronological order so we would get:
    - Med 3 (Part 1 + Part 2)
    - Age of Exploration
    - Pike and Shot
    - Victoria
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,797
    The future -> fix the bugs, polish, polish, polish, polish, polish,polish, then we talk about the rest once that's done.
  • _X99X_00_X99X_00 Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited September 11
    what i want is they renew the unit roster for the Han faction and make the north & south have their own unit
    _X99X_00 said:

what i want is they renew the unit roster for the Han faction and make the north & south have their own unit

That would be fantastic! I‘m also hoping for Governors getting unique mechanics and unit rosters like the Bandits. Would be a great rework alongside the Guandu Chapter Pack do make Liu Biao more interesting and different from the Warlords.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,698
    Back in April, CA mentioned the planned DLC for after the Nanman was going to be a Chapter Pack. So, presumable Guandu?

A Northern Nomads Expansion Pack will probably be the next DLC after that.

After the massive backlash 8P got for having nothing to do with the Three Kingdoms story, I think people can say goodbye to any hope of any DLC set in different periods, including the Warring States.

The Korean Kingdoms will be an Expansion Pack. I'd bet money on it.

Back in April, CA mentioned the planned DLC for after the Nanman was going to be a Chapter Pack. So, presumable Guandu?

A Northern Nomads Expansion Pack will probably be the next DLC after that.

After the massive backlash 8P got for having nothing to do with the Three Kingdoms story, I think people can say goodbye to any hope of any DLC set in different periods, including the Warring States.

The Korean Kingdoms will be an Expansion Pack. I'd bet money on it.

Oh I completely forgot that statement! So next DLC will be Guandu most likely. I‘m fine with that if it has the same quality as AWB.

I think warring states, 16 Kingdoms or 10 Kingdoms would be good scenarios for the stand alone expansion like Attila. But only after 3k is officially done.

I‘m also willing to bet money on a Korea Expansion Pack at some point. Its almost guaranteed in my opinion and would sell like hot cakes.
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 465
    People assume it's going to be Guandu when it could be a Chapter Pack about any period.

People assume it's going to be Guandu when it could be a Chapter Pack about any period.

I think CA realised that it’s better to move forward in a chronological order. In the end that’s how you read a book... chapter by chapter. You don’t jump back and forth in a book.

That’s the reason why 8P was so terrible, it was like jumping to the sequel chapter after finishing the intro chapter.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 275
    I've read some threads here and on steam and with all the requests for new content so soon after DLC's release I kind of feel that this gives CA sort of a pass to not work on bug fixes, not counting the recent hot fix and before 1.6.0 with The Furious wild was patch 1.5.3 back in June so it took three months to get a bug fix.
    Supporter of Shu-Han
  • Avenger237Avenger237 Registered Users Posts: 227
    Vin362 said:

I've read some threads here and on steam and with all the requests for new content so soon after DLC's release I kind of feel that this gives CA sort of a pass to not work on bug fixes, not counting the recent hot fix and before 1.6.0 with The Furious wild was patch 1.5.3 back in June so it took three months to get a bug fix.

Hmmn, I sincerely hope that there is at least one 1 major patch before the new DLC...
  • caocaothedecievercaocaothedeciever Registered Users Posts: 131
    edited September 11
    I agree that North East Nomads expansion should come before Guandu, but I honestly think the Guandu chapter pack will be first. It's just easier for them to make.

But if I'm totally honest, I really, REALLY want them to focus on patching and clean up. The game is already fantastic, and has so much room to get better, but the broken event chains, odd behavior, and needed archer/cav nerfs as well as odd mechanics (I'm looking at you odd Emperor), and of course, bugs- I'd like it to get polished up before we add more big content.

I'm not sure we're going to get a standalone expansion. I think CA is changing their strategy with 3K, and for later releases, focusing on what I would call "Paradox light." They focus on one tentpole game and improve it as much as possible before they move onto another one.

They might just have a "Huangdi" edition at some point, that will have all the main bits tying into each other well. Could you imagine the 8P campaign with all the barbarians properly added?
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 275
    edited September 11
    They missed the chance to have the barbarians be some kind of rebel army or hoard event given how units based off the Xiongnu and Xianbei are faction unique units.
    Supporter of Shu-Han
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,548
    edited September 11
    DLC

-Yuan Shu fall
    -Gongsun Zan fall
    -Yuan Shao Fall
    -Cao Cao Rise - Yuan Shao Successors' Rise

^they should be part of next chapter Pack as they happen on consecutive years.

Yuan Shao's successors could make use of Northern Steppes if they are to be released first.

---------------
    STAND-ALONE EXPANSION

Hope if its Warring States Period, there would be no more Romance Mode so CA can fully allocate all their attention in one mode.
    LESAMA said:

Medieval 3 Europe and maybe Mongol as it's Stand-Alone Expansion

----------------
    SAGA

I suggest Korean 3 Kingdoms because CA can focus more on their culture, characters, factions, units and history. They have historical records and established monarchy/characters so they deserve to have their own game. Their story would be more rich rather than be DLC for 3K wherein CA would only have to pick a certain period of Korean Three Kingdoms.
    jamreal18 said:

DLC

-Yuan Shu fall
    -Gongsun Zan fall
    -Yuan Shao Fall
    -Cao Cao Rise - Yuan Shao Successors' Rise

^they should be part of next chapter Pack as they happen on consecutive years.

Yuan Shao's successors could make use of Northern Steppes if they are to be released first.

---------------
    STAND-ALONE EXPANSION

Hope if its Warring States Period, there would be no more Romance Mode so CA can fully allocate all their attention in one mode.

LESAMA said:

Medieval 3 Europe and maybe Mongol as it's Stand-Alone Expansion

----------------
    SAGA

I suggest Korean 3 Kingdoms because CA can focus more on their culture, characters, factions, units and history. They have historical records and established monarchy/characters so they deserve to have their own game. Their story would be more rich rather than be DLC for 3K wherein CA would only have to pick a certain period of Korean Three Kingdoms.
    That’s not how Saga games work and a whole game about Korea is also way to unpopular as a setting. I mean the majority of TW players probably doesn’t even know the difference between Han China and ancient Korea

Saga Games are about a certain event or conflict which is extremely popular. Just making a game about Korea is not how Saga games work.

Thats why we got Vikings in Britannia and Troy. Both settings are super famous and popular.

Potential Saga Games would be:
    - 100 years war
    - The Holy Land
    - Reconquista
    - 30 years war
    - Djingis Khan
    - American Civil War
    - Bismarck
    edited September 11
    REGARDING SAGA

ArneSo said:

- 100 years war
    - The Holy Land
    - Reconquista
    - 30 years war
    - Djingis Khan
    - American Civil War
    - Bismarck

100 years war, Holy Land and Reconquista fits as Campaign Pack as they have the same factions in Medieval 3.

30 Years War? Hmmm... Maybe Campaign Pack of Rennaisance?

Genghiz Khan? Deserves his own game.

American Civil War/Bismarck? What playable factions though?

------------------------------

Saga Games Description:

"Total War Saga games will be standalone spin-off titles focusing on exciting pivotal moments in history rather than whole historical eras.

But there are also these key, pivotal points in history which don’t necessarily revolve around a single character, and only lasted a few months or few decades at most. Such moments also tend to be constrained to a tight geographic area as well."

Korean Three Kingdoms is perfect according CA's description.

When you play Korea in Three Kingdoms, you won't going to have full experience. What I mean is playing them according to their own history. We will only get compressed history because they need to make them compatible to other nations timeline.

You won't even have the option to play them according to what really happened unlike in China wherein you can play Cao Cao and recreate 3 Kingdoms accordingly to history. In Korea, it will be cramped and rushed. They need to unify immediately. It won't be historical authentic. It's already fiction from that start.

We shall have the Option to play and follow what really happened before we talk about sandbox. But it happened in 668 which is too far from 3 Kingdoms timeline.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
    jamreal18 said:

REGARDING SAGA

ArneSo said:

- 100 years war
    - The Holy Land
    - Reconquista
    - 30 years war
    - Djingis Khan
    - American Civil War
    - Bismarck

100 years war, Holy Land and Reconquista fits as Campaign Pack as they have the same factions in Medieval 3.

30 Years War? Hmmm... Maybe Campaign Pack of Rennaisance?

Genghiz Khan? Deserves his own game.

American Civil War/Bismarck? What playable factions though?

Saga Games Description:

"Total War Saga games will be standalone spin-off titles focusing on exciting pivotal moments in history rather than whole historical eras.

But there are also these key, pivotal points in history which don’t necessarily revolve around a single character, and only lasted a few months or few decades at most. Such moments also tend to be constrained to a tight geographic area as well."

Korean Three Kingdoms is perfect according CA's description.

When you play Korea in Three Kingdoms, you won't going to have full experience. What I mean is playing them according to their own history. We will only get compressed history because they need to make them compatible to other nations timeline.

You won't even have the option to play them according to what really happened unlike in China wherein you can play Cao Cao and recreate 3 Kingdoms accordingly to history. In Korea, it will be cramped and rushed. They need to unify immediately. It won't be historical authentic. It's already fiction from that start.

We shall have the Option to play and follow what really happened before we talk about sandbox. But it happened in 668 which is too far from 3 Kingdoms timeline.
    No they fit as Saga titles with a super detailed version of the Holy Land or Spain.

Just like ToB gave us a super detailed version of Britannia and Troy of Greece.

These scenarios don’t work for a classic big scaled TW game.

In medieval 3 the Holy Land will probably be just 1 province, maybe 2 at best.

You really don’t understand the concept of a Saga title, do you?

The 30 years war would be THE perfect Saga title because it would have a super detailed map of Germany, the HRE and the surrounding countries. The HRE consisted of more than 100 independent Dukedoms, Kingdoms and City States. It would be impossible to represent the 30 years war in a basic Renaissance title. You need a map with the detail of ToB and Troy for that and even that would not be enough since you also need Scandinavia, Poland, Hungary, Italy and France for that game.

Here a map of the HRE during that time:

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,474
    Might want to move the other game discussion to general chat:

https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/total-war-general-chat
    Commisar said:

Why? It’s related to the actual topic of the thread. Op was suggesting a Saga game about Korea, I explained why it doesn’t make sense and would be a bad choice.
    edited September 11
    REGARDING DLC

Wonder if Nomad Steppes would become part of Gongsun Zan and Yuan Shao successors' mechanic if they would be made afterwards.

REGARDING SAGA

Next Saga might be related to Three Kingdoms and like I said, Korean is perfect.

Thirty Years War is also nice but as a Saga for Renaissance.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,474
    ArneSo said:

Commisar said:

Why? It’s related to the actual topic of the thread. Op was suggesting a Saga game about Korea, I explained why it doesn’t make sense and would be a bad choice.
    Because it's not linked just to that when the discussion moves on to other conflicts such as the ACW and formation of the German empire.
    jamreal18 said:

REGARDING DLC

Wonder if Nomad Steppes would become part of Gongsun Zan and Yuan Shao successors' mechanic if they would be made afterwards.

REGARDING SAGA

Next Saga might be related to Three Kingdoms and like I said, Korean is perfect.

Thirty Years War is also nice but as a Saga for Renaissance.

Korea as a Saga Game doesn‘t make any sense, it is not known for any famous conflicts or events. As a setting for a separate game it would be way to unpopular.

The 3k related Saga title will probably be Warring States.

Just accept that Korea will be an Expansion Pack for 3k and stop Spamming such nonsense here.
This discussion has been closed.