Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

News? from Steam

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    Daruwind said:

sipping my beer....White Dwarf Promotion. Grombrindal/Gotrek+Felix and now this.

1) new DLCs are as of lately added after dropping previous one
    2) some FLC content is added just prior to launch and we expect nothing in next 2 weeks
    3) it is singular entry. DLC are usually accompanied by FLC...this seems like something standing aside. Event, promotion..

Grombrindal - November Issue 2016
    Gotrek - September Issue 2019

It could be a functional way to do it. I did have, in the past, an opinion that we might get a White Dwarf promotion because back when CA released Gotrek they did note that such cross-promotions are a nice way to get additional funding to add more to the game.

I would imagine they might be tempted to do it again but it's hard to predict this. The thing is, there was an indication that they were adding Bugman to AoS at some point but, for now at least, they haven't done it yet so next DLC seems to be not the time for it. By something like December that might change.

SiWI said:

Daruwind said:

sipping my beer....White Dwarf Promotion. Grombrindal/Gotrek+Felix and now this.

2) some FLC content is added just prior to launch and we expect nothing in next 2 weeks
    3) it is singular entry. DLC are usually accompanied by FLC...this seems like something standing aside. Event, promotion..

well there is one more dwarf to do...

Watch us get Bugman but he is just a Legendary Hero who randomly appears and disappears
    To be fair, that's what Grombrindal is supposedly like as well.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,899
    Ludwig Schwarzhelm Emperor's Bodyguard confirmed!!!
  • hendo#1695hendo#1695 Registered Users Posts: 3,001
    Four dlc/flc there..

So what do we have..
    1) Hero flc
    2) the WE LP dlc
    3) the free WE LL (with ownership of the appropriate content)
    4)...

Hmm no clue- maybe the preorder?
    Daruwind said:

This sounds more accurate than my question of preorder.
  • gladonosgladonos Registered Users Posts: 772
    Are you guys serious? It is obvious who it is... If it's WE vs DE then this is FLC Thrott. If it's WE vs Skaven then this is the 6th DE FLC Lord.
  • LordSolarMach#5538LordSolarMach#5538 Registered Users Posts: 2,297
    gladonos said:

Are you guys serious? It is obvious who it is... If it's WE vs DE then this is FLC Thrott. If it's WE vs Skaven then this is the 6th DE FLC Lord.

If they were adding an FLC base-game lord, they would have advertised that fact, no?
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,735
    gladonos said:

Throt won’t be a FLC Lord. He has an entire army list attached to him. He is DLC material 100%.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,457
    If it's WD promo it might be Thanquol I think he would work better the same way as G&F.
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    gladonos said:

We already know it's 1 WE DLC lord, 1 Game 2 faction lord and 1 WE FLC lord.
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,578

If it's WD promo it might be Thanquol I think he would work better the same way as G&F.

On a twitch stream CA confirmed no Thanqol until WH 3
    Sigmar protect us all...

• UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    Bonutz said:

gladonos said:

Throt won’t be a FLC Lord. He has an entire army list attached to him. He is DLC material 100%.
    Also the fact he’d be a completely new model. CA have never made a new model for an FLC character. If Moulder were to get an FLC character it’d be Skweel Gnawtooth as his most unique feature is his weapon, which Tretch proved they can change if it’s too different for FLC.
    edited September 2020

Bonutz said:

gladonos said:

Also the fact he’d be a completely new model. CA have never made a new model for an FLC character. If Moulder were to get an FLC character it’d be Skweel Gnawtooth as his most unique feature is his weapon, which Tretch proved they can change if it’s too different for FLC.
    But we know the FLC Lord is a female Wood Elf character so this is entirely redundant.
    MrDragon said:

Bonutz said:

gladonos said:

But we know the FLC Lord is a female Wood Elf character so this is entirely redundant.
    There's a 4th entry in the SteamDB, that's what's being argued. So DLC pack, FLC WE, FLC Hero, ?
    I doubt it'll be a 4th lord.
    Perhaps some kind of teaser in-game event or something in preparation for december. A little something to drop as an early holiday gift.
    I'm not expecting more than another FLC hero, Mount or RoR or something.
    MrDragon said:

I doubt it'll be a 4th lord.
    Perhaps some kind of teaser in-game event or something in preparation for december. A little something to drop as an early holiday gift.
    I'm not expecting more than another FLC hero, Mount or RoR or something.

Oh I agree, my point was more just Throt is not a character that'd be FLC, especially when there's an actual army book Moulder character that'd make more sense.

My preference is LL obviously, but getting a Legendary Hero would be cool to. Chakax or Kouran would be excellent as free LHs.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,523
    Guys I think it is very likely to be the pre-order DLC.

- We know Grace / CA only anticipated two more DLC for warhammer 2 (including Warden & Paunch).

- We know Warhammer 3 will 95% likelihood be released next year (Total war is an annual series and there are no other titles on the horizon).

- We know from prior comments (and from other total war games) that there almost certainly will be a pre-order DLC.

- We know that the pre-order DLC for Warhammer 2 was revealed sometime before the launch of game 2 was.

Sure it could be something else; but we are anticipating the pre-order in the coming months and these steamdb entries can be on here for a long-time before we hear anything (hell just look at the other unknown entries). Especially as it is a solo entry; I think this is likely the beginning of the end for Warhammer 2. Tough I might anticipate we see 1 or 2 more entries to wrap up the last of the FLC closer to the time.
  • ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 638

- We know Grace / CA only anticipated two more DLC for warhammer 2 (including Warden & Paunch).

- We know Warhammer 3 will 95% likelihood be released next year (Total war is an annual series and there are no other titles on the horizon).

- We know from prior comments (and from other total war games) that there almost certainly will be a pre-order DLC.

- We know that the pre-order DLC for Warhammer 2 was revealed sometime before the launch of game 2 was.

Sure it could be something else; but we are anticipating the pre-order in the coming months and these steamdb entries can be on here for a long-time before we hear anything (hell just look at the other unknown entries). Especially as it is a solo entry; I think this is likely the beginning of the end for Warhammer 2. Tough I might anticipate we see 1 or 2 more entries to wrap up the last of the FLC closer to the time.

I agree, it's probably the pre-order.

Game 2 has already delivered a lot of content, and it's about time we get to experience something new and fresh. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is experiencing some Game 2 fatigue.

It's 100% true that beastmen need some love, but as it's the case with WoC, their chaos alignment probably makes them good candidates for Game 3 reworks. Their needs may actually only be correctly addressed with the new tools that game 3 will bring. Exactly when, I'm not sure, maybe they'll get their rework right away with the new game, and they'll receive new LL with some game 3 DLC later down the line.

I for one welcome our new gaming overlord.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,857
    Could be a White Dwarf promotion like the one we got last year with G&F. Would be pretty cool to get Joseph Bugman.
    ERICdbs said:

Game 2 has already delivered a lot of content, and it's about time we get to experience something new and fresh. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is experiencing some Game 2 fatigue.

It's 100% true that beastmen need some love, but as it's the case with WoC, their chaos alignment probably makes them good candidates for Game 3 reworks. Their needs may actually only be correctly addressed with the new tools that game 3 will bring. Exactly when, I'm not sure, maybe they'll get their rework right away with the new game, and they'll receive new LL with some game 3 DLC later down the line.

I've always thought that they purposefully separated beastmen and WoC for a specific purpose. I imagine the way chaos fundamentally works might be very different in game 3 and as such these races need game 3 out of the way before they can be updated.
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,693

they purposefully separated beastmen and WoC for a specific purpose.

Sorry, what?
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited September 2020

ERICdbs said:

I've always thought that they purposefully separated beastmen and WoC for a specific purpose. I imagine the way chaos fundamentally works might be very different in game 3 and as such these races need game 3 out of the way before they can be updated.
    You pretty much contradicted yourself. If they are separate then they shouldn't rely on each other or game 3 for their behaviour. Therefore, if they are really separate then they would not require a third game to attest to their mechanics.

In fact, Beastmen no longer represent the Chaos conglomerate in newer issues, unlike WoC and DoC, therefore there is no reason for why BM would need to wait for game 3 for anything as their mechanics should be wholly separate from that.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.

I think the possibility of preorder is a good guess.
    Though I am leaning more towards white dwarf event. If this is the case, I don’t think it will release along the next content drop but a month or two later.

@AxiosXiphos
    FYI preorder announcements for both TWW1 & 2 was announced after the main title announcements.

I think we are looking at a October-November release for WE. Maybe white dwarf event drop Nov-Dec.

I’m now convinced the TWW3 announcement (And hopefully info) will be a big part of the Festag event- which will fill the void of dlc content during the holiday season.

Then Feb-March preorder announcement. April Preorder release. Followed by May 2021 TWW3 release.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,460

Which would be quite realistic except CA themselves commented that in case WE LP is success, we might see somehting more. Maybe just hints, maybe we will see nothing more but we have no statement that there is nothing more just pre-order.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,578
    Daruwind said:

Which would be quite realistic except CA themselves commented that in case WE LP is success, we might see somehting more. Maybe just hints, maybe we will see nothing more but we have no statement that there is nothing more just pre-order.
    Yes but
    We hope it works, and you get a kick out of it because then it means we’ll be allowed to do it again. And we really want to add everything we can to Total War: WARHAMMER.
    can also apply to Warhammer 3 respectively the whole Warhammer life cycle.
    Sigmar protect us all...

Crossil said:

ERICdbs said:

You pretty much contradicted yourself. If they are separate then they shouldn't rely on each other or game 3 for their behaviour. Therefore, if they are really separate then they would not require a third game to attest to their mechanics.

In fact, Beastmen no longer represent the Chaos conglomerate in newer issues, unlike WoC and DoC, therefore there is no reason for why BM would need to wait for game 3 for anything as their mechanics should be wholly separate from that.
    Sorry you guys have misinterpreted me; or I didn't explain it very well. I meant they separated WoC & BM from the other races (that have since got updated) so they can be saved for game 3. I don't mean separated from each other.
    Daruwind said:

Schub said:

Daruwind said:

Yes but
    We hope it works, and you get a kick out of it because then it means we’ll be allowed to do it again. And we really want to add everything we can to Total War: WARHAMMER.
    Indeed; they probably meant; if it works now then DLC for DLC could work for game 3. afterall DLC has to be planned months (if not years) in advance. They will have already long ago decided what DLC they will or won't do for game 2 (with some room for manoeuvre.)
  • ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 638
    edited September 2020
    Schub said:

Now that I get to read that statement again, it becomes strange now how many forum users think we will get yet another dlc after the WE one. I am to blame too, as I jumped the hype train without too much thought.

The quote does seem more in line of saying something like "if the dlc is successful, then we might use it again in tw:wh3". If that is true, then maybe we have been feeding a false illusion that we would get another DLC, when in reality, maybe nothing really points to that. And if that's also true, we could be much closer to the third game's release that many might believe.

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,842
    I kinda believe that the bm one.

if not then the preorder.

But i highly doubt we get that now after WE.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,460
    I fully agree it could hint BM/WoC..TK/VC for Wh3 but at the same time keep in mind there is nothing saying we cannot get more DLC for Wh2 at the moment..

If WE LP flops or if Wh3 is around May 2021, then yes, no BM DLC..but if WE is not flopping hard and especially if Wh3 is more like in September 2021 or later then there is plenty time for BM LP for example...

October/November 2020 - WE LP
    March/April 2021 - BM LP
    August 2021 - Wh3 pre-order
    September 2021 - Wh3

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"