Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

News? from Steam

13»

Comments

• gladonosgladonos Registered Users Posts: 772
    MrDragon said:

gladonos said:

Are you guys serious? It is obvious who it is... If it's WE vs DE then this is FLC Thrott. If it's WE vs Skaven then this is the 6th DE FLC Lord.

We already know it's 1 WE DLC lord, 1 Game 2 faction lord and 1 WE FLC lord.
    If Thrott is the DLC then that means Dark Elves will be the only WH2 core race with 5 instead of 6 LLs. Obviously this isn't coming out at the DLC release and will come 4 months later.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,460
    edited September 2020
    gladonos said:

If Thrott is the DLC then that means Dark Elves will be the only WH2 core race with 5 instead of 6 LLs. Obviously this isn't coming out at the DLC release and will come 4 months later.

But where is stated that all factions will have the same amount of content? CA themselves said that not all factions wil have the same number of LLs for example.

What´s more for Wh2 factions, Skaven are sure to get Thanquol in Wh3....that´s 7 LLs. HE can easily get 7th LL as well (Finubar/Aislinn naval theme says hi) and Lizardmen can too. Only DE are struggling to get 6th with enough units..

What I try to say, Skaven can easily feature third LP while DE might get just FLC but we don´t know. Everybody is so sure it is WE vs Ratboys. (Me too) but CA managed to surprised us a few time...Shadow/Blade and many times over and over.
    Post edited by Daruwind on

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,936
    They already stated they aim to bring all the factions up around the same level. DE themselves have a pretty glaring gap in Lord count, plus they would have more against WE than some random Skavens who are better off paired against Dwarfs
  • MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    edited September 2020

They already stated they aim to bring all the factions up around the same level. DE themselves have a pretty glaring gap in Lord count, plus they would have more against WE than some random Skavens who are better off paired against Dwarfs

The same level refers to quality if you look at the context of that statement. The Greenskin rework was to bring them up to game 2 levels of polish. That is what the old-world reworks are.
    They stated the exact opposite actually for lord count, that they're not aiming for parity at all. They are merely trying to get as much in there as they can and FLCs for game 2 factions are the least effort for a good play experience.
    If they were aiming for equality they would have done something about the pitiful lord count for the Empire by now. Bretonnia has more start locations than the Empire and are a free faction.
    They, either until recently or still, as far as we know do not have plans for a DLC after the upcoming WE one.

Norsca only has 2, BM only 3, Dwarves 4, etc etc.
    The numbers are all over the place.
    Just because game 2 factions are really close to balancing out neatly with maybe 6 lords each, does that mean CA are aiming for some sort of quota.
    Post edited by MrDragon#2461 on
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450

As above, that wasn't refering to the LL count, and even if it was "around the same level" is not the same thing as exactly the same level. Also tbh the remaining DE LL candidates could easily be done with FLC, not saying that they should never get another LP but the candidates aren't really A-Listers (Whereas Thrott is a pretty big deal, as are Moulder in general), and the DE roster is the most complete, armybook wise, of the 4 cores.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,523
    Goatforce said:

As above, that wasn't refering to the LL count, and even if it was "around the same level" is not the same thing as exactly the same level. Also tbh the remaining DE LL candidates could easily be done with FLC, not saying that they should never get another LP but the candidates aren't really A-Listers (Whereas Thrott is a pretty big deal, as are Moulder in general), and the DE roster is the most complete, armybook wise, of the 4 cores.
    Honestly as a DE fan I can say the DE are in a really good place. Sure their lord choices might be abit "samey" but overall their roster is great, their mechanics are great, 5 LL is more then enough. I'd love for them to get shadowblade in some form and sure maybe an FLC LL at some point but overall I can't say DE "need" anything.
  • That1dude#3323That1dude#3323 Registered Users Posts: 517
    Didn’t Grace say that the next dlc was up in the air, and dependent on the success of the WE dlc? I imagine whatever this is, is unrelated to a lord pack, it could be the pre order dlc like others have suggested.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
  • RomeoReject#1666RomeoReject#1666 Registered Users Posts: 2,093
    That1dude said:

Didn’t Grace say that the next dlc was up in the air, and dependent on the success of the WE dlc? I imagine whatever this is, is unrelated to a lord pack, it could be the pre order dlc like others have suggested.

Not really. They said "We hope you like this, because it means we'll be able to do it again in the future." They didn't say they aren't already working on the next one, or that they couldn't do it again, only that success this time around will basically assure it happens again.
  • MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    Based on the link provided to me by @RomeoReject to the transcript of that CA interview some time ago I've converted to the Beastmen Hypetrain and believe we've got to get something relatively soon.

So here's a wild idea...
    Peryton for Festag because antlers - reindeer?
    So a little tease for an upcoming Beastmen DLC.
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,651
    Crossil said:

The new entry is for the DLC after this one. It has no bearing on the current DLC.

It shows nothing other than that there's yet another addition after this one.

Not necessarily, last few times they've seem to enjoy having some promotional FLC piece like the orc character, and the spidershrine. Given they've got DLC, FLC, and several other bits one piece could simply be some other FLC bit they intend to promote. Not saying it's much or some big prophetic thing though.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

The new entry is for the DLC after this one. It has no bearing on the current DLC.

Not necessarily, last few times they've seem to enjoy having some promotional FLC piece like the orc character, and the spidershrine. Given they've got DLC, FLC, and several other bits one piece could simply be some other FLC bit they intend to promote. Not saying it's much or some big prophetic thing though.
    Yeah, we came to that possibility later down the line.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • RomeoReject#1666RomeoReject#1666 Registered Users Posts: 2,093
    Nyxilis said:

Crossil said:

As a heads up, the Warden & Paunch, Imrik, Black Orc Big Boss and even the Spidershrine were all from late May, with the biggest gap only being about a week in between them. Four months would be an unprecedented gap.