Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Did you know that over three thousand people signed for 4 player coop in total war warhammer

makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
edited September 2020 in General Discussion

Comments

• aMint1#4859aMint1#4859 Registered Users Posts: 1,255
    Co-op is already really slow with two players. 4 sounds like the worst thing ever.
  • WaaaghCheif#7753WaaaghCheif#7753 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    MP is just there, CA hardly does anything to improve it. 4 Way coop would be a bore, 4 Player MP with no set allegiance (A la 3K) would be amazing.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    Almost 50,000 people signed a petition to get Bloodborne on PC 5 years ago also and that still hasn't happened because Sony are dumb. Point is petition's don't mean anything and are hollow ways of trying to get what you want.
    https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,746
    I didn't know and I do not care.

Loner life.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • BigbadbearpieceBigbadbearpiece Registered Users Posts: 112
    makar55 said:

https://www.change.org/p/creative-assembly-4-player-co-op-campaigns-in-total-war-warhammer

I did not know that was a thing, shame no one seem to care about it.

I didn’t know there was a petition for it. I’m glad that there are others out there trying to make it happen - it’s something I’ve wanted since Rome 1! (Hotseat sucked).

Who cares how long turns last? It’s not something I’d do with strangers anyway, only with RL friends and we’d just chat and scheme and judge others while it’s not our turn.

Give us the option, CA.

More LL for Wood Elves please.
  • Setrus#7519Setrus#7519 Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,845
    No, i didn't.

You learn something new every day.
    Don't worry.
  • orpusristoorpusristo Registered Users Posts: 120

Almost 50,000 people signed a petition to get Bloodborne on PC 5 years ago also and that still hasn't happened because Sony are dumb. Point is petition's don't mean anything and are hollow ways of trying to get what you want.
    https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform

You should look up playstation now, because bloodbourne is coming to pc through it.
  • Ninaran#8122Ninaran#8122 Registered Users Posts: 554
    I'd rather they fix the two player Co-op first before putting even more players in there. So many issues.
    But yes, it would be nice to have the option. But seeing as how even 3K Co-op campaigns are just broken, I don't see any fix in the near future.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    I did not know.

But, did you know
    • that the peak player number for the last 30 days was 29,252?
    • that the highest peak number recorded since release of game#2 was 84,254?
    • that the estimated owners of this game range between 2,000,000 to 5,000,000?
    Does anyone still wonder why 3000 people signing an online petition does not make any waves?

------Red Dox
    Ingr8 said:

Red_Dox said:

Does anyone still wonder why 3000 people signing an online petition does not make any waves?

Even little waves can be surfed!

-----Red Dox
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,313
    It's funny that you think that's evidence supporting your arguement, but really why should CA spend important time and resources on something around 0.1% of the player base want
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,702
    edited September 2020
    4 Player MP Campaign would be great fun with friends (to hell with playing that with strangers). Considering we already have two player co-op it really doesn't feel like it would of been that much of a stretch...

but CA (and probably understandably) don't follow the MP much; despite the best efforts of youtubers - it's just such a small part of the playerbase and all their previous forays into MP have been failures (Arena anyone)?

Thing is I have 2-3 friends who are sort of 'on the fence' regarding warhammer total war. They pick up the titles when on sale; don't get much DLC and barely play SP. They only have it to play the odd MP battle together; thing is they only really play MP games in general. 4MP campaign would be the tipping point where I could probably get them to buy Warhammer 3 at launch and pick up all the DLC (because they might start enjoying the campaign).

I'm sure many people have similar friends.
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,823
    makar55 said:

DID YOU KNOW THAT OVER THREE THOUSAND PEOPLE SIGNED FOR 4 PLAYER COOP IN TOTAL WAR WARHAMMER

I think they should probably try to square the circle of desynchronization before they up the player count.

I do think that would be cool though.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487

You should look up playstation now, because bloodbourne is coming to pc through it.
    That's not porting it, that's a subscription to a cloud service meaning the game hasn't been built as a proper port. There's a huge difference and I'd take a garbage port like the Horizon Zero Dawn one, then not at all, because even though it runs like trash, that still means it'll run better than consoles :wink:.

PS5 and Xbox whatever can't even do 30FPS Lololololololol.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,091
    Didn't know, don't care. Petitions are completely useless anyway.
    neodeinos said:

Meh - couldn't hurt. Besides it at least shows CA that people do care about it.

neodeinos said:

A tiny amount of people.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.

neodeinos said:

A tiny amount of people.
    Warhammer 2 currently has about 14k people online - so 2/5ths the current playerbase (with a lot of extrapolation I'll grant) isn't nothing.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,091

neodeinos said:

A tiny amount of people.
    Even if it was a big amount of people it probably wouldn't change a thing.
    neodeinos said:

Petitions are completely useless anyway.

Depends always on the petition itself and how much support can be gathered.
    For example #SaveTeamVenture is nearing 18.000. For such a niche show (even if one of the top shows around) that is more then expected.

And yes, you all should sign this particular petition or Brick Frog is coming for you next.

------Red Dox
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

A tiny amount of people.
    Even if it was a big amount of people it probably wouldn't change a thing.
    Oh yeah absolutely - I am very sceptical of petitions full stop... but at least it shows intent. I honestly feel CA are missing a market to make their game much more MP inclusive.

neodeinos said:

A tiny amount of people.
    Warhammer 2 currently has about 14k people online - so 2/5ths the current playerbase (with a lot of extrapolation I'll grant) isn't nothing.
    That's cherry picking. TWW2's owner base is estimated at 2-5 Million.

I'm just saying 3K is nothing for a petition and nothing relative to TWWs base. I actually tend to agree that the game should be more MP inclusive. 4 Player co-op is probably a pretty small ask.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    Red_Dox said:

I did not know.

But, did you know

• that the peak player number for the last 30 days was 29,252?
    • that the highest peak number recorded since release of game#2 was 84,254?
    • that the estimated owners of this game range between 2,000,000 to 5,000,000?

------Red Dox
    Yes I know it.
  • AlexxsvAlexxsv Registered Users Posts: 39
    Heroes of Might and Magic allow up to 8 players to play together and how old is this game? I have a few friends who want to play together in MP campaings, because campaign is more fun than just battles, but they cannot.
    Let's make Vampire Counts great again with Neferata!
  • Bastilean#7242Bastilean#7242 Registered Users Posts: 2,945
    Red_Dox said:

neodeinos said:

Petitions are completely useless anyway.

Depends always on the petition itself and how much support can be gathered.
    For example #SaveTeamVenture is nearing 18.000. For such a niche show (even if one of the top shows around) that is more then expected.

And yes, you all should sign this particular petition or Brick Frog is coming for you next.

------Red Dox
    I love you so much Red Dox <3
  • D4B0SSD4B0SS Registered Users Posts: 230
    edited September 2020
    makar55 said:

https://www.change.org/p/creative-assembly-4-player-co-op-campaigns-in-total-war-warhammer

Don't buy the next title WH3 and they will learn how many of you. I don't really understand why people get upset, it's like they don't know how capitalism works. Companies will always try to maximize profit at the expense of customers: if they don't manage to get away with the bare minimum they'll try giving more till sales pick up again.
    And as for me, I will not buy preorder if there is no
    1. ladder 1x1,2x2 etc (like Blizzard did)
    2. campaign unit cap
    3. rework siege
    4. bug fixes (gates, black ark, vows, etc)
    5. rework campaign economy
    6. simultaneous turns
    add your requests...
    Ingr8 said:

D4B0SS said:

And as for me, I will not buy preorder if there is no
    1. ladder 1x1,2x2 etc (like Blizzard did)
    2. campaign unit cap
    3. rework siege
    4. bug fixes (gates, black ark, vows, etc)
    5. rework campaign economy
    6. simultaneous turns
    add your requests...

I think CA will like that. Often preorders are offered at a 10% discount or with other free content. If you are proposing not to participate in the discount but rather buy at full price after release, they are quids in!
    I am proposing to buy on Steam sale.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    D4B0SS said:

makar55 said:

Don't buy the next title WH3 and they will learn how many of you. I don't really understand why people get upset, it's like they don't know how capitalism works. Companies will always try to maximize profit at the expense of customers: if they don't manage to get away with the bare minimum they'll try giving more till sales pick up again.
    Yeah, this time I will look deep into features TWW3 will bring in.

For me purchase deciding things are monogods, coop and old bug fixes.