Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How About a Patch?

TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 34,001
People are talking about the upcoming content and it's swell and stuff, but how about some bugfixing and balancing in the meantime? There are still issues festering since the last content drop and some which have done so for even longer.

I mean, if Troy can get two major patches one week or so apart, I think Warhammer can too.
Tagged:

Comments

• ERICdbs#2077ERICdbs#2077 CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 640
    I think it's still not too late for an October release, so in that case the update would be superfluous.

In the case we are still months away from the next LP, then, I guess so. But to be honest, if CA hasn't balanced many of the issues already I doubt they'll fix them by now.

I'm hoping that most of their efforts are directed towards TW:W3, thus we will see all the desired features and fixes by then. Maybe...
  • General_Hijalti#1213General_Hijalti#1213 Registered Users Posts: 5,430
    ERICdbs said:

I think it's still not too late for an October release, so in that case the update would be superfluous.

In the case we are still months away from the next LP, then, I guess so. But to be honest, if CA hasn't balanced many of the issues already I doubt they'll fix them by now.

I'm hoping that most of their efforts are directed towards TW:W3, thus we will see all the desired features and fixes by then. Maybe...

What makes you think we are months away from the next lord pack, it's likely coming in October or November
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285
    We will get a patch within the next month or so.
  • MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    Yeah but... I mean... how many bugfixes will we get with that vs how many new bugs will be introduced with the new content?

I think it's fair to ask for more regular bugfixes between content drops.
  • WaaaghCheif#7753WaaaghCheif#7753 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,379

People are talking about the upcoming content and it's swell and stuff, but how about some bugfixing and balancing in the meantime? There are still issues festering since the last content drop and some which have done so for even longer.

I mean, if Troy can get two major patches one week or so apart, I think Warhammer can too.

While Certainly I share the sentiment, I think it's bit late to ask for this now, no? The DLC release and its patch is (probably) just around the corner.

But yeah, CA should do more intermediary patches between content drops.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    Patch? Are you dreaming? This is total war warhammer 2.

The best we can get is a NO when we ask about upcoming content.

If you want patches use MODS :p
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• Nikolabrac#5277Nikolabrac#5277 Registered Users Posts: 714
    If we get a teaser by mid october we could get the woodelves by the end also!
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,583
    give it two weeks

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• ERICdbs#2077ERICdbs#2077 CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 640

ERICdbs said:

What makes you think we are months away from the next lord pack, it's likely coming in October or November
    Who knows. Chaos works in strange ways.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    No DLC = no patch. That's a rule.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    makar55 said:

It's not.

makar55 said:

It's not.
    ok see you next week with a pre patch then.
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,380
    I suspect it´s tied somewhat with their approach to "Total War Warhammer communication"

We buy their **** no matter what so why bother making an effort.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
    makar55 said:

So how about that Nuts and Bolts update we're currently playing eah?
    Or that King's Shilling patch?
    Funny rule that is, when it's not one actually used by CA.
    MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

These patches come after DLC, so the reason they come is DLC which brings new bugs that got to be fixed.
    edited September 2020
    makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

These patches come after DLC, so the reason they come is DLC which brings new bugs that got to be fixed.
    This is exactly what Ephraim is asking for.
    We still have bugs from the previous content patch. There's no rule stating they can only patch it once either.
    Also... that's already moving the goalposts from your comment.
    MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

We still have bugs from the previous content patch. There's no rule stating they can only patch it once either.
    It does not matter who and what asking for, Total War patching is one of the worst gaming industry had. You're not going to get old bugs fixed before new patch, you will only get new brought and few of such fixed. Game got to get 1 year of patch only content in order to fill all the holes.

**** T pose bug took like month to get fixed.

T **** pose.

There is literally 1 guy working on TWW2 patching.
    makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

It does not matter who and what asking for, Total War patching is one of the worst gaming industry had. You're not going to get old bugs fixed before new patch, you will only get new brought and few of such fixed. Game got to get 1 year of patch only content in order to fill all the holes.

T **** pose.

So exactly why there should be more regular patches outside of content drops.
    MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

T **** pose.

"Should be" does not mean ****.

You don't buy DLC = they stop producing them.

You buy DLC = they keep pooping non tested content.

The only way to fix things is to buy SEGA, though gonna cost a lot of money.
    makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

T **** pose.

Maybe your cynical anger isn't helping?
    Not asking asking for more regular patches is massively more helpful, but this attitude can't be healthy.
    If you agree the current situation is inadequate, why be so vitriolic when people ask for it to be better?
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,717
    makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

T **** pose.

Welcome to the gaming industry in 2020; no need to blame CA for this though - just be glad they aren't charging for £20 skins yet...

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

MrDragon said:

makar55 said:

T **** pose.

Welcome to the gaming industry in 2020; no need to blame CA for this though - just be glad they aren't charging for £20 skins yet...
    TWW3 is yet to come, so we will see.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,865
    Imagine a patch that fixes WAAAGH movement.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • eomat#7953eomat#7953 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    edited September 2020
    I keep getting a bug that crashes my buddy and my coop campaign out. Ever since Warden and the Paunch we can't play now. Really hope to play coop again. Hope this next patch fixes that.
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,501
    MrDragon said:

Not asking asking for more regular patches is massively more helpful, but this attitude can't be healthy.
    If you agree the current situation is inadequate, why be so vitriolic when people ask for it to be better?

I get why he's annoyed though.

Thought I had an elegant solution that made displeasure clear but didn't hurt CA financially so couldn't be used as an excuse to cut content; don't pre-order.

What did everyone do..? Why they got hyped up and pre-ordered the very next DLC, and bugged to buggery it was. I confidently expect the same to happen with the next one.

To some degree gamers are their own worst enemy, they aren't big on delayed gratification.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • Grom_the_Paunch#8146Grom_the_Paunch#8146 Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 2,721
    I would love to see more bug fixes, but I have to admit I'm an edge case, not the standard player. I've chalked up thousands of hours, like many forumites probably have, but most buyers don't. That makes stomaching new bugs to aspects of the game I want to take for granted particularly galling. My patience wears thin nowadays, where once I would have ignored issues more.
    Arsenic said:

MrDragon said:

Thought I had an elegant solution that made displeasure clear but didn't hurt CA financially so couldn't be used as an excuse to cut content; don't pre-order.

What did everyone do..? Why they got hyped up and pre-ordered the very next DLC, and bugged to buggery it was. I confidently expect the same to happen with the next one.

To some degree gamers are their own worst enemy, they aren't big on delayed gratification.
    For sure that is true, but part of the problem is actually the cheapness of video games. Prices have barely moved over the years and $10 or whatever for a DLC is frankly very little. A standard hour or two's work in the UK or many other countries isn't enough to deter people from risking a blind purchase on a game they enjoy.

Every TW:Warhammer purchase I have made has been absurdly good value. Even the DLC that disappointed me has provided many hours of entertainment for its low value. Compare that to prices I'd spend on almost anything else... It's a steal.

It's very hard to get people to turn their noses up at a bargain, even based on principles that will improve the their experience. I mean, that's basically the root cause of many of the world's problems right now. "So what if I'm destroying all of humanity? It's 2.99! That's great savings!"
  • RockNRolla92#9743RockNRolla92#9743 Registered Users Posts: 2,296
    Arsenic said:

MrDragon said:

Yep CA have shown with 3K and Warhammer with the last DLC releases that they are happy to release them in a rushed half bugged state. They've released patches in between DLC's and then when they release the new DLC the stuff from the patch is broken. It's very clear they have pretty serious problems with their merging and code base.

This is partly why I'm looking forward to game 3, atleast if they have a big team working on one project they will actually address a bunch of things and have to test it properly to some extent. The DLC team(I mean it's the people above's fault) are just pushed to release new content without much of a concern about breaking existing parts of the game
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,717
    edited September 2020

I would love to see more bug fixes, but I have to admit I'm an edge case, not the standard player. I've chalked up thousands of hours, like many forumites probably have, but most buyers don't. That makes stomaching new bugs to aspects of the game I want to take for granted particularly galling. My patience wears thin nowadays, where once I would have ignored issues more.

Arsenic said:

MrDragon said:

For sure that is true, but part of the problem is actually the cheapness of video games. Prices have barely moved over the years and $10 or whatever for a DLC is frankly very little. A standard hour or two's work in the UK or many other countries isn't enough to deter people from risking a blind purchase on a game they enjoy.

Every TW:Warhammer purchase I have made has been absurdly good value. Even the DLC that disappointed me has provided many hours of entertainment for its low value. Compare that to prices I'd spend on almost anything else... It's a steal.

It's very hard to get people to turn their noses up at a bargain, even based on principles that will improve the their experience. I mean, that's basically the root cause of many of the world's problems right now. "So what if I'm destroying all of humanity? It's 2.99! That's great savings!"
    Thank you; I have argued this many times when people complain about DLC content. A drink in your average london nightclub will cost you more then these DLC. A sandwich at a restaurant will cost you more then these DLC. An hour train ride on a cramped dodgy carriage which arrives 20mins late will cost you 10x more then these DLC.

I will get dozens of hours directly out of the content in the DLC; and then it will contribute indirectly to many hundreds more hours I enjoy over years to come.

Not to mention I spend months looking forward to these, debating their content, discussing what units might be in them. Hell I probably spend more talking about the content then playing it (but again I love it - it's just more value).

So for all this hundreds of hours of stimulation, entertainment and discussion I pay a price the same price as this plastic travel cup holder...

Picture removed.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    edited September 2020

Arsenic said:

MrDragon said:

Thank you; I have argued this many times when people complain about DLC content. A drink in your average london nightclub will cost you more then these DLC. A sandwich at a restaurant will cost you more then these DLC. An hour train ride on a cramped dodgy carriage which arrives 20mins late will cost you 10x more then these DLC.

I will get dozens of hours directly out of the content in the DLC; and then it will contribute indirectly to many hundreds more hours I enjoy over years to come.

Not to mention I spend months looking forward to these, debating their content, discussing what units might be in them. Hell I probably spend more talking about the content then playing it (but again I love it - it's just more value).

So for all this hundreds of hours of stimulation, entertainment and discussion I pay a price the same price as this plastic travel cup holder...

Picture removed.
    Thing is once they finish the DLC, they can sell as many copies as people want to buy, theres no cap. People still buy 10 year old DLCs from different games. Those DLCs are still selling.

Also a sandwich is a sandwich nothing in the world compares to it.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI