Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why won't Rome I let me use Creative Labs EAX when I have a great sound card?

2088643220886432 Registered Users Posts: 24
My sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy Rx/5 but it says it is unable to access hardware support or something but I have the latest drivers.
Tabacco is my favorite vegetable. - Frank Zappa
Tagged:

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,140
    Perhaps due to the fact it is a sixteen year old game?
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• 2088643220886432 Registered Users Posts: 24
    dge1 said:

I know... but why would I have to use a lower sound quality than my computer is capable of? My previous card was a Sound Blaster X-Fi and I could use Creative Labs EAX 3... So you're saying my soundcard upgrade was a downgrade? ;(
  • 2088643220886432 Registered Users Posts: 24
    dge1 said:

HELLO?