Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Comments

• RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,090
    BM confirmed.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    Yeah, but open any of those and go to history and you'll see that these get updated on a regular basis. It's nothing.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,352
    May be we get bret dlc soon.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• lucibuis#6195lucibuis#6195 Registered Users Posts: 7,168
    Bretonnia DLC confirmed.
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Registered Users Posts: 992
    I been seeing nutcracker get updated a lot to but I didn’t know if I should have mention it in a post but good thing you did lol

If that’s true
    Beastmen vs Bretonnia?

Sounds a bit far fetch tho
    edited October 2020
    Wood elves vs Bretonnia maybe?

I see more branches have been updated lately, specifically bacon and charlie

Within nutcracker, racing green, Von Carsteins and Jade Wizards have also been updated.

Ingr8 said:

Brets had a minor overhaul when Repanse was released. It is unlikely that they will get much attention anytime soon

the divinations say otherwise

edited October 2020
    xXF1aKOXx said:

I been seeing nutcracker get updated a lot to but I didn’t know if I should have mention it in a post but good thing you did lol

If that’s true
    Beastmen vs Bretonnia?

Sounds a bit far fetch tho

Not really bretonnia has clashed with BM a lot.
    Bretonia is free to play in both games. So similar boat to core races

And most importantly bretonnia need a dlc.

• Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 4,028
    Wood Elves, Beastmen and Bretonnia? I wouldn't mind if the DLC was loosely based on
    "Guardians of the Forest" Novel.

But since we already have Morghur, maybe substitute the Beastlord from the story with Taurox?

Naestra & Arahan as main WE LL. Ariel bonus FLC for RotWE owers.
    Taurox as BM LL
    Leofric Carrard as FLC LL

Call the DLC "The Sisters & the Slaughterhorn"
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!
    edited October 2020
    Abmong said:

Wood Elves, Beastmen and Bretonnia? I wouldn't mind if the DLC was loosely based on

But since we already have Morghur, maybe substitute the Beastlord from the story with Taurox?

Taurox as BM LL

I doubt it will be for next dlc because they said it will be for orginal wh2 core race.

But it could be for next dlc after this one.
    Which could easily be bretonnia vs Beastmen

In that case i want either calared or Landuin or abbot of mounsntel as LL

Ghorros as dlc lord
    Taurox as FlC lord as long you own call of the beatmen dlc.

And a rakarth as FlC for DE.

But than again the word orginal could be similar to how CA use word soon
    Then it could be bretonnia vs or and WE. Since the relationship between the both is rather complicated which could lead to interesting mechanics

• #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,489
    It's probably just new diplomatic dialogue, the Brets and Beastmen have the most contact with the Welfs, after all.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
    Arsenic said:

It's probably just new diplomatic dialogue, the Brets and Beastmen have the most contact with the Welfs, after all.

Logic no my dream of ze lady based dlc.

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,883
    These files have received updates for almost a year now, honestly that means nothing.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member PragueRegistered Users Posts: 1,460
    neodeinos said:

These files have received updates for almost a year now, honestly that means nothing.

but try to explain it to casuals.. :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/j565x6/nutcracker_new_dlc_codename_has_just_been_updated/

Hype must go on. More karma for internet god, more likes for reddit throne..

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,880
    Still hoping that there will be a Dwarfs vs Skaven DLC after this and instead of Skave for the WElfs DLC we get DElfs with Rakarth in charge.
  • Krzyhar21Krzyhar21 Registered Users Posts: 78
    Maybe the FLC hero will be a bretonnian Faceless so that's why new voice files for them?
    edited October 2020
    Daruwind said:

neodeinos said:

but try to explain it to casuals.. :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/j565x6/nutcracker_new_dlc_codename_has_just_been_updated/

Hype must go on. More karma for internet god, more likes for reddit throne..

You see, that's why reddit is inferior to the forums. We actually make sense of it, not rushing into senseless hype.
    Abmong said:

Taurox as BM LL

......I take back what I just said. The forums are as bad as reddit.
  • Khaine1god#8470Khaine1god#8470 Registered Users Posts: 527
    Well these are new voice lines for elves beastmen and bretonnia nO?Interactions with new LL/Lords/Heroes?
    But why not skaven? Maybe wood elves vs beastmen?And Bretonnia new hero option?Maybe its smthing maybe nothing.But with so much steamDb modification ,especially with the tree huggers,with them confirmed as one half of the dlc.Getting close to anouncement,it maybe smthing.
  • WaaaghCheif#7753WaaaghCheif#7753 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,379

Well these are new voice lines for elves beastmen and bretonnia nO?Interactions with new LL/Lords/Heroes?
    But why not skaven? Maybe wood elves vs beastmen?And Bretonnia new hero option?Maybe its smthing maybe nothing.But with so much steamDb modification ,especially with the tree huggers,with them confirmed as one half of the dlc.Getting close to anouncement,it maybe smthing.

Updating SteamDB almost nothing, it happens reguarly without consequnses.
    For example:

Game 1 Factions still dont recognize Game 2 races with voicelines.

This is despite we've had 3/4 revisits to Game 1.
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 4,028

I doubt it will be for next dlc because they said it will be for orginal wh2 core race.

Good point. I forgot they said it would be WE vs a WH2 core faction. Not gonna lie, I do like my obsure lore characters. So any chance to get them in... I want more cross faction Legendary Heroes added. Leofric Carrard would be cool though. He's a time travelling Grail Knight who wears a "Futuristic" Bretonnian helm, sports a Cathayan Jade Dragon as his Heraldry and rides a Wood Elven Steed...
    Crossil said:

😏
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,452
    edited October 2020
    Could these just be diplomacy interactions and such between WEs, BM and Brets (as well as the new stuff for WEs)?

Edit, out of interest what about Skaven or DEs? If one has something there and not the other that might tell us something.
    edited October 2020
    Abmong said:

Good point. I forgot they said it would be WE vs a WH2 core faction. Not gonna lie, I do like my obsure lore characters. So any chance to get them in... I want more cross faction Legendary Heroes added. Leofric Carrard would be cool though. He's a time travelling Grail Knight who wears a "Futuristic" Bretonnian helm, sports a Cathayan Jade Dragon as his Heraldry and rides a Wood Elven Steed...
    Crossil said:

😏
    thats a pretty interesting character if we get Cathay he can bring pretty different start position for brets in that side of map

Goatforce said:

Could these just be diplomacy interactions and such between WEs, BM and Brets (as well as the new stuff for WEs)?

Edit, out of interest what about Skaven or DEs? If one has something there and not the other that might tell us something.

Those 2 have not been updated in forever

edited October 2020
    Goatforce said:

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: There has not been a single instance of CA updating any voicelines from what I know. It is not that surprising as that would require bringing back every single voice actor for every single faction leader back to the studio to have a round of voicelines detailing their interactions with every other race, barring the few exceptions that they have, which are, like, a third of all races for each race.

Newer LLs are given voicelines for newer interactions because they had plans ironed out and knew what was to come so they prepared. There's really no reason to expect this has changed, even if I think it would be hilarious to see them update some diplomacy voicelines but not all and see people throw their **** for why their race wasn't updated.

But most importantly, we have, what 60+ LLs all(that is most with few exceptions) of which would require something like that. I just find it hard to imagine that CA would go that far.
    Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Long answer: There has not been a single instance of CA updating any voicelines from what I know. It is not that surprising as that would require bringing back every single voice actor for every single faction leader back to the studio to have a round of voicelines detailing their interactions with every other race, barring the few exceptions that they have, which are, like, a third of all races for each race.

Newer LLs are given voicelines for newer interactions because they had plans ironed out and knew what was to come so they prepared. There's really no reason to expect this has changed, even if I think it would be hilarious to see them update some diplomacy voicelines but not all and see people throw their **** for why their race wasn't updated.

But most importantly, we have, what 60+ LLs all(that is most with few exceptions) of which would require something like that. I just find it hard to imagine that CA would go that far.
    Yes hence why this could be hint dlc after this one is bret vs Bm

Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

But why would they update them in the current dlc?

edited October 2020

Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Which it is not. Have you missed my previous explanation before?
    Crossil said:

Yeah, but open any of those and go to history and you'll see that these get updated on a regular basis. It's nothing.

This is literally nothing. It's probably an automatic update process.
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Crossil said:

I’m pretty sure git updates can be timed

edited October 2020
    lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Crossil said:

I’m pretty sure git updates can be timed
    And I think that Steam has its own internal update system that's automatic.

Either way, we go through this every DLC. Someone goes into the unaccounted for depots or branches, finds one that has beastmen voice files in it and comes here to say that this might be something. It's not, these files have been going on in updates for years since release of the game. It's us that keep running circles around the same files again and again.