Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Found something in nutcracker

2»

Comments

• lucibuis#6195lucibuis#6195 Registered Users Posts: 7,168
    Crossil said:

lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Could these just be diplomacy interactions and such between WEs, BM and Brets (as well as the new stuff for WEs)?

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: There has not been a single instance of CA updating any voicelines from what I know. It is not that surprising as that would require bringing back every single voice actor for every single faction leader back to the studio to have a round of voicelines detailing their interactions with every other race, barring the few exceptions that they have, which are, like, a third of all races for each race.

Newer LLs are given voicelines for newer interactions because they had plans ironed out and knew what was to come so they prepared. There's really no reason to expect this has changed, even if I think it would be hilarious to see them update some diplomacy voicelines but not all and see people throw their **** for why their race wasn't updated.

But most importantly, we have, what 60+ LLs all(that is most with few exceptions) of which would require something like that. I just find it hard to imagine that CA would go that far.
    Yes hence why this could be hint dlc after this one is bret vs Bm
    Which it is not. Have you missed my previous explanation before?
    Crossil said:

Yeah, but open any of those and go to history and you'll see that these get updated on a regular basis. It's nothing.

This is literally nothing. It's probably an automatic update process.
    I’m pretty sure git updates can be timed
    And I think that Steam has its own internal update system that's automatic.

Either way, we go through this every DLC. Someone goes into the unaccounted for depots or branches, finds one that has beastmen voice files in it and comes here to say that this might be something. It's not, these files have been going on in updates for years since release of the game. It's us that keep running circles around the same files again and again.
    Not years, since last December
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Could these just be diplomacy interactions and such between WEs, BM and Brets (as well as the new stuff for WEs)?

Long answer: There has not been a single instance of CA updating any voicelines from what I know. It is not that surprising as that would require bringing back every single voice actor for every single faction leader back to the studio to have a round of voicelines detailing their interactions with every other race, barring the few exceptions that they have, which are, like, a third of all races for each race.

Newer LLs are given voicelines for newer interactions because they had plans ironed out and knew what was to come so they prepared. There's really no reason to expect this has changed, even if I think it would be hilarious to see them update some diplomacy voicelines but not all and see people throw their **** for why their race wasn't updated.

But most importantly, we have, what 60+ LLs all(that is most with few exceptions) of which would require something like that. I just find it hard to imagine that CA would go that far.
    Crossil said:

Yeah, but open any of those and go to history and you'll see that these get updated on a regular basis. It's nothing.

Either way, we go through this every DLC. Someone goes into the unaccounted for depots or branches, finds one that has beastmen voice files in it and comes here to say that this might be something. It's not, these files have been going on in updates for years since release of the game. It's us that keep running circles around the same files again and again.
    lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Crossil said:

Oooooh, they have been going on for much longer than that, look at the links OP posted. Open one of them and then go to their history section. You'll see that they go back to 2017.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,726
    Calm the hype train. Its probably just voice lines for the BM and Brets because they were missing some.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,335
    honestly alberic may get voice lines

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    Abmong said:

Wood Elves, Beastmen and Bretonnia? I wouldn't mind if the DLC was loosely based on
    "Guardians of the Forest" Novel.

But since we already have Morghur, maybe substitute the Beastlord from the story with Taurox?

Naestra & Arahan as main WE LL. Ariel bonus FLC for RotWE owers.
    Taurox as BM LL
    Leofric Carrard as FLC LL

Call the DLC "The Sisters & the Slaughterhorn"

All W1 factions?
  • lucibuis#6195lucibuis#6195 Registered Users Posts: 7,168
    Crossil said:

lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Crossil said:

lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

lucibuis said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Crossil said:

Oooooh, they have been going on for much longer than that, look at the links OP posted. Open one of them and then go to their history section. You'll see that they go back to 2017.
    I dint see that, checking on mobile
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    Blood dlc is for Troy
  • That1dude#3323That1dude#3323 Registered Users Posts: 517
    edited October 2020
    Just to throw my hat into the ring, doesn't the Nutcracker have a rat king as the main antagonist? Seems like the Skaven are definitely going to be in the pack, Throt being the most likely lord option, if this actually is for the dlc anyway.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285
    That1dude said:

Just to throw my hat into the ring, doesn't the Nutcracker have a rat king as the main antagonist? Seems like the Skaven are definitely going to be in the pack, Throt being the most likely lord option, if this actually is for the dlc anyway.

The first Act of the ballet involves the evil Mouse King.

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,166
    Nutcracker? Why are we talking about my ex?

I think we're reading too much into it. CA know we know this. I doubt it has any meaning.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla Forum Terms & Conditions I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,735
    This is a big nothingburger.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,221
    Announce it already!
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450
    edited October 2020
    Crossil said:

Goatforce said:

Fair point, just thought I might raise it in case there was a far less exciting cause for the voice line's presence. But if this is hinting at new stuff then that is awesome, would not mind a Bretonnia vs BM pack at all (Would personally prefer Vamps vs BM, but that was always a long shot).
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450

Announce it already!

Good chance of a Thursday announce imo, so not long now!
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,577
    They should announce it this time on Tuesday. The 3k Nanman DLC was also announced on Tuesday maybe because we already knew they are the next dlc, so why tease?.

We already know Wood Elves are the next Warhammer 2 ones...so do not tease, just announce :D
    Sigmar protect us all...

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,221
    Goatforce said:

Announce it already!

Hopefully!
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,577

Goatforce said:

Announce it already!

Hopefully!
    No:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/274442/grace-on-reddit-no-teaser-this-week/p1
    Sigmar protect us all...

• RomeoReject#1666RomeoReject#1666 Registered Users Posts: 2,093
    Crossil said:

The overwhelming majority of those updates are just Steam reassigning package numbers to them, it's quite uncommon for them to be properly updated like the above. Kinda comparing apples to Orange Julius.