Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Councils And Reforms

ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 27,067
edited October 6 in General Discussion
I have been playing Nobunaga's Ambition Taishi a lot recently and I must say what I like a lot is how it handles research. Every three turns you call in a council meeting and your various retainers make suggestions on where they think your faction should develop, be it in martial, economical or diplomatic matters. From those suggestions you pick a bunch which give different points for the various research topics which allow you to unlock them.

In 3K the council mechanic and reforms could be tweaked to work similarly, with council mettings providing bonuses for certain reforms. That would not only make the council something that's actually worthwhile to call in it would also make reforms less of an automatism.

Comments

• 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,137
    I'd like to hold council meetings even after forming an empire, call it something else if there's an issue. It's weird that your faction stops listening to advisors after becoming an empire.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 416
    edited October 6

I'd like to hold council meetings even after forming an empire, call it something else if there's an issue. It's weird that your faction stops listening to advisors after becoming an empire.

What makes the faction council not being a thing when you become emperor weird to me is that you unlock a lot of court positions which you would think would be the best time to enact a council meeting.

Going back to Taishi officers not only offer suggestions but their stats can help increase the amount of policy power you get allowing you to enact more policies each season, in addition there are policies that increase the amount of policy power officers get each season the longer they are in your service and some characters will unlock unique policies.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, Waiting for a Three Kingdoms start date for TW3K
  • ShevaTsarShevaTsar Registered Users Posts: 361
    edited October 6
    To be honest, i wanted to do in the future a thread about revamping Cao Cao's mechanics, and had an egoistical wish of granting him a special council as a secondary faction mechanic (most factions have at least 2 mechanics, he only has one like all the old ones).
    I mean, it is a huge waste to walk into the court screen, see the beautiful faces of Xun You, Xun Yu, Guo Jia, Jia Xu, later game Sima Yi, possibly Cheng Yu to add to the party after Guan Du DLC, and not have something worth such a concentration of unique talents and minds.
    He even says so "I return, summon my advisors", where are they ?
    Every person on the street knows what is in Sima Zhao's mind