Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The current Forum situation

Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,054
edited October 2020 in Total War General Chat

Summon the Elector Counts!
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,237
    inb4 Malus Darkblade 2 : elixir boogaloo for one of the LL

I mean, probably even with a longer time limit they will find a way to **** up and make one of the lords underpowered.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    Me every five minutes in times between 12 and 16 hours:

Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Theo91#7431Theo91#7431 Registered Users Posts: 2,971
    i think it's fair to be able to criticise their policy. They can always ignore the criticism if it doesn't matter to them
  • Khaine1god#8470Khaine1god#8470 Registered Users Posts: 527
    Mya even I'm starting to feel the lingering effects of the dreaded ''soon''.I thought i had immunity since i played warframe for 5 years.Even more so i have nothing worthwhile to do for the next 2 months.
  • sykall#1105sykall#1105 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,027
    edited October 2020
    Today is the last day of troy dlc being free, if I remember correctly.
    I expect news one or two weeks later to seperate the wh release more from the troy release.
    Post edited by sykall#1105 on
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,106
    sykall said:

Today is the last day of troy being free, if I remember correctly.
    I expect news one or two weeks later to seperate the wh release more from the troy release.

There's still the Blood DLC for Troy coming, IIRC they said it was their next release so probably blood DLC next week, WH news the week after.
  • capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,463
    neodeinos said:

sykall said:

There's still the Blood DLC for Troy coming, IIRC they said it was their next release so probably blood DLC next week, WH news the week after.
    Does B&G need really one week slot? Their marketing and focus is truly bizarre, honestly I hope this trend with multiple titles will end cause they are not handling it well.
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • yolordmcswag#6132yolordmcswag#6132 Registered Users Posts: 4,269

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

Does B&G need really one week slot? Their marketing and focus is truly bizarre, honestly I hope this trend with multiple titles will end cause they are not handling it well.
    I doubt they are holding back the wood elf DLC just to give it a separate week. It will be released when it's finished, regardless of whatever other things they release. And this week has had nothing, so if it was ready it would have already been announced.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,467
    neodeinos said:

sykall said:

They're doing 2 Troy DLCs in a row, that seems very odd, where did they say that?

As I recall though TW Blood Packs don't have any windup or marketing other than a trailer when they actually release, so the blood pack could just be dropped at any time.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,566
    edited October 2020
    neodeinos said:

sykall said:

can you share the source please ?
    Post edited by saweendra#3399 on

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

I doubt they are holding back the wood elf DLC just to give it a separate week. It will be released when it's finished, regardless of whatever other things they release. And this week has had nothing, so if it was ready it would have already been announced.
    Source on what exactly? My source on my own doubt is my own conscious mind. My source on nothing being released by CA this week is CA themselves, unless they released something I missed.

As for my last point, it's just guesswork, but do you really think CA would sit on a fully developed DLC for several weeks and just not release it? Why would they do that?
    sorry quoated the wrong one

• RafSwi7#7492RafSwi7#7492 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,781
    Considering that Wood Elves update will come with 4 Legendary Lords, faction rework, new units and other things, one can suspect that its development might take a longer time than previous DLCs. Wood Elves content pack might simply not be ready to be revealed right now.

IMHO at best we will hear some news during late October/early November, after Troy Blood DLC drops.

Completed EMPIRE, ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    EMPIRE
    France, Poland-Lithuania, Spain.
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, Morghur the Shadowgave, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    W3 - RoC: Kairos Fateweaver, Tzarina Katarin, Zhao Ming.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    FD: Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Liu Zhang, Sun Ce, Yuan Shao.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Memnon, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Rhesus, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
    RTW: Carthage, Egypt, Greek Cities, Macedon, Scipii, Scythia.
    BI: Eastern Roman Empire, Romano-British, Sarmatians, Slavs.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,951
    It's got 4 LL?

X to doubt.
    Kneel

• The_Lawless#5138The_Lawless#5138 Registered Users Posts: 54
    RafSwi7 said:

Considering that Wood Elves update will come with 4 Legendary Lords, faction rework, new units and other things, one can suspect that its development might take a longer time than previous DLCs. Wood Elves content pack might simply not be ready to be revealed right now.

IMHO at best we will hear some news during late October/early November, after Troy Blood DLC drops.

4 legendary lords??
    edited October 2020

RafSwi7 said:

4 legendary lords??
    Sorry, misremembered free hero as LL.

Completed EMPIRE, ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    EMPIRE
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, Morghur the Shadowgave, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Memnon, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Rhesus, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

Well it's supposed to release in October, it was in the latest blog when they shared their plans for all their games.
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

Well it's supposed to release in October, it was in the latest blog when they shared their plans for all their games.
    but but they can not delay wh lp, because troy lp got delayed . oh well f CA if they do that

some one spam memes

• Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,951
    Man, just get it over with so we can update Beastmen.
    Kneel

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,759
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

Source? I haven't seen that.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

• IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

I see a lot of free things that I don't care about because they aren't on Steam. I'm not even joking.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,038

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

I see a lot of free things that I don't care about because they aren't on Steam. I'm not even joking.
    a blood DLC and a unit/god FLC is a good thing for troy, but its hardly content for an entire month.
    i am willing to bet the WE DLc will drop at the middle of november

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

a blood DLC and a unit/god FLC is a good thing for troy, but its hardly content for an entire month.
    But if you put muddle of November than they don't need to do any thing October for WH though.

This is a another travesty i tell you.

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,759

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

I doubt CA cares much about Troy now. They've made their money. Now they'll just see if the DLC sells
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
    edited October 2020

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

I doubt CA cares much about Troy now. They've made their money. Now they'll just see if the DLC sells
    Why would they not care about it?

It has the biggest owners base among all Total War titles. Even if only a small part of them buy paid DLC it still might sell way better than DLCs for other games.

Don't underestimate the power of numbers behind Epic. When Civ VI went free on Epic, its monthly average number of players (not owners) increased by 477% and during that time the average number of players on Steam was 41k (so in the same month Civ VI could have on Epic on average even nearly 200k players).

When you launch Epic Troy still shows up in the most popular titles so it seems that people over there still play the game.

EMPIRE
    ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
  • hendo#1695hendo#1695 Registered Users Posts: 3,002

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

Well if it is not announced next week then the chances are pretty high for a November release. November 5th is a holiday for the UK (thanks V for vendetta) so unless they release earlier in the week the second week of November is a good guess.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,467
    RafSwi7 said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

It has the biggest owners base among all Total War titles. Even if only a small part of them buy paid DLC it still might sell way better than DLCs for other games.

Don't underestimate the power of numbers behind Epic. When Civ VI went free on Epic, its monthly average number of players (not owners) increased by 477% and during that time the average number of players on Steam was 41k (so in the same month Civ VI could have on Epic on average even nearly 200k players).

When you launch Epic Troy still shows up in the most popular titles so it seems that people over there still play the game.

Individually perhaps, and that is a definite perhaps given the reason it is so widely owned is almost certainly that it was free so there is no guarantee of DLC success months after the honeymoon has ended, but the issue is how much longevity does Troy have? It is a Saga game, which are designed to be smaller and are generally more limited (though also experimental tryouts for mechanics) - the issue with this is that it doesn't have the lifespan of a full TW game and once people start having to regularly pay for new stuff it may well start to rapidly shed users and drop off in terms of profits. Compare this to a historical title which has years worth of steady income from DLC in it, or WH which is a project that could easily yield steady income from DLC for about a decade (from release of 1 to end of 3), and Troy is far less attractive.
  • yolordmcswag#6132yolordmcswag#6132 Registered Users Posts: 4,269
    Goatforce said:

RafSwi7 said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

Individually perhaps, and that is a definite perhaps given the reason it is so widely owned is almost certainly that it was free so there is no guarantee of DLC success months after the honeymoon has ended, but the issue is how much longevity does Troy have? It is a Saga game, which are designed to be smaller and are generally more limited (though also experimental tryouts for mechanics) - the issue with this is that it doesn't have the lifespan of a full TW game and once people start having to regularly pay for new stuff it may well start to rapidly shed users and drop off in terms of profits. Compare this to a historical title which has years worth of steady income from DLC in it, or WH which is a project that could easily yield steady income from DLC for about a decade (from release of 1 to end of 3), and Troy is far less attractive.
    CA would be very interested in keeping players in Troy for a little while at least. The longer Troy is supported and people play it, the larger is the chance that those players will also look at other total war games and start playing them. If Troy was left in a bare-bones state(Like most total war games are at launch) and then abandoned, people would probably move on.

However, if Troy was a living game with promise of good future content, that reflects well on CA and total war in general. All those people who only got it because it was free, can suddenly become regular and paying total war fans.
    Goatforce said:

RafSwi7 said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

They will just make DLCs for the games for which these DLCs will sell well. This is simple truth.

Number of DLCs does not depend on being main or Saga game, but on a chance of being profitable. CA is most likely aware what % of total owners/players is buying DLCs. It is also probable that this % of potential DLC buyers is similiar among all Total War titles. The bigger is ownerbase/playerbase, the bigger are potential profits from DLCs.

This is why Thrones did not have DLCs - its sold poorly compared to other titles (estimates shows that it might have sold even 5-10 times less copies than other TW games). If Thrones sold better it would have receive DLCs.

This is also why it was RomeII that has received DLCs from Sofia studio and not Attila even if the latter was a newer title. It is not that Attila was worse game but it did not sell as well as RomeII (different estimations shows that it might have sold only one third of RomeII numbers). If Attila sold better, it would have receive these DLCs in 2017-2018.

It is all about numbers. If Warhammer sales were average it would have receive much less post launch content.

Troy has the biggest ownerbase among all Total War titles and (based on stats about GTA and CIv VI numbers on Epic)
    it might also have the biggest playerbase among all Total War titles. To put its numbers into perspective:

Troy was claimed in over 7.5 million copies in 24 hours and it means that (based on leak from 2018):
    - in one day it was claimed nearly six time more than the total number of Attila players after a 3 years.
    - in one day it was claimed at least two time more than the total number of RomeII players after 5 years.
    - in one day it was claimed nearly 30 times more that number of total Thrones players after two months.
    - in one day it was claimed nearly 8 times more than total number of Warhammer 2 players after a year.

CA wont say "Oh, Troy was more successful than we have anticipated so in theory can sell a lot of DLC copies, but we will not do them because Troy is Saga title".

As long as Troy has good numbers behind it, it will receive more DLCs, if the numbers are not good it won't. So far its numbers I think make these DLCs more probable.

EMPIRE
    ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
    RafSwi7 said:

Goatforce said:

RafSwi7 said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

sykall said:

They will just make DLCs for the games for which these DLCs will sell well. This is simple truth.

Number of DLCs does not depend on being main or Saga game, but on a chance of being profitable. CA is most likely aware what % of total owners/players is buying DLCs. It is also probable that this % of potential DLC buyers is similiar among all Total War titles. The bigger is ownerbase/playerbase, the bigger are potential profits from DLCs.

This is why Thrones did not have DLCs - its sold poorly compared to other titles (estimates shows that it might have sold even 5-10 times less copies than other TW games). If Thrones sold better it would have receive DLCs.

This is also why it was RomeII that has received DLCs from Sofia studio and not Attila even if the latter was a newer title. It is not that Attila was worse game but it did not sell as well as RomeII (different estimations shows that it might have sold only one third of RomeII numbers). If Attila sold better, it would have receive these DLCs in 2017-2018.

It is all about numbers. If Warhammer sales were average it would have receive much less post launch content.

Troy has the biggest ownerbase among all Total War titles and (based on stats about GTA and CIv VI numbers on Epic)
    it might also have the biggest playerbase among all Total War titles. To put its numbers into perspective:

Troy was claimed in over 7.5 million copies in 24 hours and it means that (based on leak from 2018):
    - in one day it was claimed nearly six time more than the total number of Attila players after a 3 years.
    - in one day it was claimed at least two time more than the total number of RomeII players after 5 years.
    - in one day it was claimed nearly 30 times more that number of total Thrones players after two months.
    - in one day it was claimed nearly 8 times more than total number of Warhammer 2 players after a year.

CA wont say "Oh, Troy was more successful than we have anticipated so in theory can sell a lot of DLC copies, but we will not do them because Troy is Saga title".

As long as Troy has good numbers behind it, it will receive more DLCs, if the numbers are not good it won't. So far its numbers I think make these DLCs more probable.

But it was free, try and make wh 3 free. it will be hold my beer moment, but i do agree troy will get let lot of dlc, but weather or not they sell without being free is still up in air,