Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves vs Skaven trailer prediction

redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 482
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Something tells me that the dlc teaser picture will be dropped on the 14th October, with the trailer dropping the following day. Most Lord packs if you look at their history get to 2 weeks of promotion before release so it will release just before Halloween on the 29th October.

With previous DLCs including various pop culture references from movies for example The Prophet & The Warlock (predator), The Warden & The Paunch (The Dark Knight, Mad Max). As this might be releasing with clan moulders monsters taking on the wood elves might we see some horror film reference

Personally seeing seeing they did predator(1987) for The Prophet & The Warlock I would love to see their take on Aliens(1986). With the space marines being the wood elves and the aliens being the skaven.

Any other spooky trailer ideas?

Comments

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    What about something like Scream? Or a Halloween horror movie
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,012
    Frankenstein seems like the obvious shout for Moulder.
  • redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 482
    lucibuis said:

What about something like Scream? Or a Halloween horror movie

Yeah I did think of those films but its hard to think how you could adapt a scene from those movies into a trailer with those to factions. Although that is not to say its impossible.
    Something like this: Ariel chilling in the meadows smelling flowers, with her handmaidens and cute pixies.

She is ambushed by monstrous rats.

Just when she is about to be killed, the fairies transform into nasty spites and she transforms into her moth form

Goatforce said:

That would be cool I have often heard people compare clan moulder to Frankenstein or mad science faction of skaven
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 695
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    edited October 2020
    13th I'm guessing, sacred number of the ratty bois.

My guess, Frankenstein workshop of throt creating something horrific, then being interrupted by wood elves. Definitely should feature Throt shouting "its alive".
  • SaborSabor Registered Users Posts: 579
    My favorite movie of all time is Aliens and I would be all for that. As time goes on though, CA still has not announced the blood pack for Troy yet and I'm getting increasingly worried it won't be this month.

For movie references I got a few. For starters a Frankenstein themed pack for the moulder side with throt screaming, "It's alive! It's alive!" Pan to a massive augmented rat ogre coming to life.

I also thought about a Terminator reference might be cool with having Ghoritch as a named hero going around terminating elves.

As far as horror or horror adjacent it's hard to think of truly iconic movies that fit the bill. CA tends to do movies that are instantly recognizable and have iconic moments. The only other one I can kind of think of is Halloween??? Perhaps having some of Throt's creations standing in the background watching silently and motionless throughout the trailer. Just watching Wood Elves do their business. Then towards the middle of the trailer they start coming towards the camera in the background with the focus on the elf characters still.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,206
    Goatforce said:

yes-yes rise man-thing!

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 458
    If they go the Frankenstein route for Moulder, then Ghoritch better be the Frankenstein’s monster! It would be awesome having him as a legendary hero, leading your armies from the front while Throt leads from the back.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
    Mattock said:

13th I'm guessing, sacred number of the ratty bois.

My guess, Frankenstein workshop of throt creating something horrific, then being interrupted by wood elves. Definitely should feature Throt shouting "its alive".

With the Frankenstein quote it would need to be made skaven, so can we say 'Its..Its, alive...live... yes, yes'
    edited October 2020
    Why would the wood elves go to hell pit though? I see more probably it’s the skaven who attack

• That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 458
    lucibuis said:

Why would the wood elves go to hell pit though? I see more probably it’s the skaven who attack

Perhaps the rats were messing about with one of the World Roots, that would more than justify an attack from the Wood Elves.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
    edited October 2020
    That1dude said:

lucibuis said:

Perhaps the rats were messing about with one of the World Roots, that would more than justify an attack from the Wood Elves.
    You know I don't know why people have to cast the skaven in a negative light , poor skaven 😢
  • MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 455
    Or you know the augmented rat ogre is made out of a great stag or another wood elf animal that would be in the DLC new units. (they took his organs to make the rat ogre- not a rat ogre with a pair of antlers, though that would be fun).
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 2,699
    lucibuis said:

They wouldn't. It isn't on the Vortex map anyway so that's a non-starter. I doubt the trailer in this hypothetical would be set anywhere of significance. Both sides would be somewhat out of their element whether it is jungle, desert or frozen wasteland.

It'll more likely be a nameless wood somewhere. Hard to sell wood elves without shouting "they're in the woods!", but you never know.
  • SaborSabor Registered Users Posts: 579
    A thought occurred. They could also reference horror video games. A lone wood elf wandering through the foggy mist as Throt's unspeakable creations lurk in the background might be exciting....come to think of it as i look back at CAs trailers there is quite a few horror themed situations i would be terrified to be in personally. The Dwarf trailer where the lone engineer is slowly surrounded by the swarm of spiders is terrifying.
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 714
    Will take place in the woods. Frankenstein is famous, but nothing modern or meme-like about it save for the one line. Trailer will be a battle, lots of arrows, Robin Hood? Braveheart? Maybe 300? Maybe something like that.
    The sisters being Hansel and gretel?

Ariel being makeficient?

One of the things I would like to see if they did Aliens(1986), have the sisters of twilight in it and have one of them get knocked down by a Brood Horror and the other takes a arrow out of her quiver and says 'Get away from her you b..' and shots a arrow into the Brood Horror's head, then cut to end of trailer. I expect that final word might push up the trailer rating so they would leave it out, but everyone knows the line.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,648
    LoTR reverence:
    1 Sister is killing a Chimearat with her bow, slides down the neck of the dead beast.
    The other sister says: „That still only counts as 1“

*battle continues*

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 1,030
    lucibuis said:

Something like this: Ariel chilling in the meadows smelling flowers, with her handmaidens and cute pixies.

Just when she is about to be killed, the fairies transform into nasty spites and she transforms into her moth form

better idea. Throth is Dr. Frankenstein and Ariel is the Frankenstein Monster on his table. I mean her TT model is ugly AF so it fits quite well
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,374
    I think Ghoritch will be the free hero.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,648
    Reghis said:

lucibuis said:

better idea. Throth is Dr. Frankenstein and Ariel is the Frankenstein Monster on his table. I mean her TT model is ugly AF so it fits quite well
    A rare picture of Ariel:

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 1,030
    ArneSo said:

Reghis said:

lucibuis said:

A rare picture of Ariel:

Accurate
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 942

Or you know the augmented rat ogre is made out of a great stag or another wood elf animal that would be in the DLC new units. (they took his organs to make the rat ogre- not a rat ogre with a pair of antlers, though that would be fun).

Rudolph the rat-nosed reindeer?
  • MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 455

Rudolph the rat-nosed reindeer?
    Bringing the best of two worlds? Could be a funny RoR though
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,907
    edited October 2020
    In light of October, I'm saying:

Wood Elf Side: Evil Dead, specifically the tree attack scene. Possibly the Guardian if Drycha is the Wood Elf's Legendary Lord, and CA wants to represent a local, lesser known horror movie.

Skaven Side: The Fly, or maybe Splice? I'll be honest, this one is a harder pick, since there's so many horror movies about modifying nature. They also might ignore the splicing theme altogether, and do "The Mist".
  • Polar_IceCreamPolar_IceCream Registered Users Posts: 147
    I think it’s going to be monstrous creatures storming the forest and slaughtering Wood elves and all of a sudden two shadows appear in what the fan base believe to be the famously anticipated sisters of twilight and BOOM! A LIGHT APPEARS OVER THE SHADOW OF THE TWO SILHOUETTES AND ITS.......ITS......ITS.....WINGS!?!

Ariel confirmed
    Fan base Weeps uncontrollable
  • The_BetrayerThe_Betrayer Registered Users Posts: 8
    I would be extremely happy if they did a reference to The Thing (1982) with the skaven if it is Clan Moulder, having a brood horror basically do the dog kennel scene from that film would be extremely terrifying and perfect for Halloween.

On the Wood Elves' side, I'm unsure... maybe the Hobbit? Perhaps something that calls back to Beorn or the giant spiders except obviously with different animals, and if they decide to add animal packs they can do a callback to when the company encounters Beorn for the first time except with skaven. Well, and Beorn kills the skaven - but... i dunno, just my opinion.

Definitely want The Thing to be referenced on the skaven side no matter what.