Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Legendary Lords and Mechanics in WH3

TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 803
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
What starting legendary Lords do you think we will get in WH3?

Also what mechanics do you think would be interesting for Kislev, Chaos, Chaos Dwarves and Ogre Kingdoms?

Lets discuss

Comments

• DwarfSizedBeardDwarfSizedBeard Registered Users Posts: 936
    kislev should have mechanics towards getting allies from the order nations to reinforce them, Similar to snitches system, except they don't rely on there base roster, and get reinforcement packs Similar to how markus does, however it would be limited and war against the faction would prevent recruitment
  • DwarfSizedBeardDwarfSizedBeard Registered Users Posts: 936
    chaos should be about pleasing your God, i like hoe that worked in the vampire coast, flavor it like chaos and make it so that the more loved by your God that God's things get buffed up, while weakening the rest, or undivided which starts with penalties, but becomes uber powerful

chaos dwarfs should have slaves like dark elves, however they should also get the peasent system for chaos dwarf units, and a loyalty system where slave units have to be kept in line by non slave units, be it Mercs or chaos dwarf, maybe for there deamon engines they could have to beat a deamon lord to recruit them, but that would kinda force you to not be with chaos, or not get your cool stuff

ogres should have a food system obviously, however I'd love if low or high had good and bad, low food = frenzy and general debuffs to your soldiers and armies, food to high and you get some campaign effects, as well as the abylity to sacrifice food to the great maw in exchange for heros, items, and faction wide effects other that a raid stance, as well as being a semi horde, similar to Nakai you would take settlements, but you will own them, and just be limited in buildings by having tasks for the tribesmen, which means you can change out tasks for free, it just takes time
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,000
    Andy Griffith, is that you?

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,510
    Those are very broad questions.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,215
    Ogres

- Greasus Goldtooth
    - Skrag the Slaughterer

Kislev

- Boris Ursus
    - Tzarina Katerin

Chaos Dwarfs

- Astragoth Ironhand
    - Drazhoath the Ashen

Daemons of Chaos (Think they get 4 starting LL’s instead of 2)

- Skarbrand
    - Kairos Fateweaver
    - Nkari
    - Kugath Plaguefather
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,647
    DoC:
    - N’Kari
    - Be’lakor

Ogres:
    - Graesus
    - Skrag

Chaos Dwarfs:
    - Astragoth
    - Drazhoath

Kislev:
    - Katarin
    - Boris
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,527
    Bonutz said:

Daemons of Chaos (Think they get 4 starting LL’s instead of 2)

- Skarbrand
    - Kairos Fateweaver
    - Nkari
    - Kugath Plaguefather

Yeah, they should have one for each god or at least one representative in form of AI factions.
    There are generic lords of change allready in. The even could make the models for the AI in the core game and need only skills, mechanics and quest later by releasing them flc.

The 4 gods need representatives from the start to implement proper god rivalries.

And if CA go the mile and guve us additional LLs from the start, I suspect 2 greaterand 2 herald Daemons. Changeling, Nkari, skulltaker, kugath and maybe even Be lakor.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,357
    Just for something different ( I appreciate the accepted wisdom it's Kislev/ Chaos Dwarfs / Daemons / Ogres)

1. Mortarchs of Nagash / Undead Legions
    Starting LL
    Walach Harkon (tanky melee cav lord)
    Neferata (caster / hybrid lord)

Potential Lord Pack LL
    Dieter Helsnicht (pure caster lord)
    Constant Drachenfels / The Nameless (melee / hybrid lord)

Mechanics
    - Confederate other undead races by conquest / subjugation / influence
    - Access to huge , expanding roster as well as own roster focused on heavily armored skelly bois and bone constructs (borrowing from end times and ossiarch bonereaper aesthetic).
    - Perform rituals across the map to summon Nagash back into the world - sort of a doomsday weapon for the faction with bonuses

Why?
    - Nagash is a big threat to Chaos, providing a nice rivalry.
    - Nagash is important to Warhammer Lore and some of the missing Undead Characters (Neferata in particular) are conspicuous by their absence.
    - Sufficiently different aesthetic, plenty of synergy with other factions.

Map Biome
    - Skeleton Graveyard, brooding, bones, wastelands

2. Daemons of Chaos
    Starting LL
    Skarbrand the Exiled One (melee juggernaught)
    Kairos Fateweaver (caster juggernaught)

Potential Lord Pack LL
    Kugath Plaguefather (tank / hybrid juggernaught)
    N'Kari (melee DPS juggernaught)

Mechanics
    - Earn favour / dedicate towards a particular god - increasing benefits and decreasing upkeep for that god's units but making others more expensive or locking them out entirely
    - Corrupt mortal settlements / establish cults with mortal followers to lay ground for powerful daemonic units
    - Some tie to the winds of magic - must destabilise world so that winds of magic run a torrent everywhere with big bonuses to replenishment / recruitment / availability of troops

Map Biome
    - Chaotic, Nurgle / Khorne / Tzeentch / Slaanesh corruption types - e.g. plague ridden and green / fiery lava and skulls / warp blue and floating rocks / warp purple and grotesque distortion, lavish camps

3. Kislev
    Starting LL
    Tsarina Katarin (caster LL)
    Boris (melee tanky bear LL)

Potential Lord Pack LL
    Ivan Radinov? / New GW creation
    Ulrika Magdova? / New GW creation

Mechanics
    - Bears
    - Prepare for the onslaught of Chaos / Undead / Chaos Dwarfs! Waves will appear at regular intervals trying to break through into the old world.
    - Unique customisation of siege defences and garrisons - taking advantage of reworked siege gameplay
    - Lore of Ice to manipulate map to cause heavy attrition to enemies whilst your forces immune
    - Appease Ursun and spirits of Kislev by destroying corrupting chaos cults and presence
    - Receive reinforcements from the Empire / Bretonnia / Dwarfs respectively as you defeat each enemy type - you can command these units and heroes (allowing for some immediate dwarf grudge settling)
    - Kislev.

Map Biome
    - Heavy snowfall / Blizzards / Ice/ Tundra / dark skied Wheatlands / grim fortresses

4. Chaos Dwarfs.

Starting LL
    Astragoth Ironhand - more mechanical version (melee / hybrid caster lord)
    Drazoath the Ashen (hybrid lord)

Potential Lord Pack LL
    Zlatan the Black
    Rykarth

Mechanics
    - Slaves for sacrifice, to gain favour with Hashut and fuel the daemon forges
    - Lots of workshop tinkering to build daemonic engines, requiring slaves and daemonic favour
    - Can ally with Daemons
    - Crazy artillery
    - Manage slaves carefully or deal with slave rebellions

Map Biome
    - Industrial hellhole / railways / fracked landscape.

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,013
    Love the post by @55JoNNo ! Even if I've never been the hugest fan of Nagash as his own faction, that way you suggest it sounds pretty good in my opinion. I will say that I think it males more sense for Zhatan to be a starting lord for the Dawi-Zharr rather than Drazhoath (Drazhoath can come with Infernal Guard themed units in a lord pack) since it'd give them 1 caster lord and 1 melee lord.

In fact, if I could add on to your lovely format...

5. Ogre Kingdoms
    Starting LL

Greasus Goldtooth - Melee tank LL
    Skrag the Slaughterer - Tanky caster LL

Potential Lord Pack LL
    Golgfag Maneater - Melee duelist LL
    Ghark Ironskin - Melee cav LL

Mechanics
    -Food is necessary to maintain public order and tribe allegiance, can be used to cook meals like Grom's Cauldron
    -Mercenary missions can be accepted from other factions for gold and food
    -Can extort settlements for constant income
    -Huge monsters, all monstrous infantry
    -Can move buildings from one settlement to another, migration is emphasized

Map Biome
    Frozen mountain / Prehistoric caves / Tribal camps

6. Dogs of War / Southern Realms
    Starting LL

Borgio the Besieger - Melee tank LL
    Lucrezzia Belladonna - Caster LL

Potential Lord Pack LL
    Lorenzo Lupo - Melee duelist LL, support lord
    Morgan Bernhardt - Melee duelist LL

Mechanics
    -Roam the world to meet factions, establish mercenary camps
    -Take contracts from other factions to receive gold, unlock units, technologies, receive Glory, etc.
    -Glory is accumulated to make you more famous, the more you have, the bigger contracts you receive
    -Units and RoR can be recruited from other races as auxiliaries
    -Bonuses from Treasure Hunts
    -Wealth and renown is everything, become the most famous mercenary band in the world

Map Biome
    Fertile plains / Vineyards / Extravagant, Tilean cities / Mercenary Camps
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,035
    @55JoNNo good ideas and safe bets on the LL.
    just bringing to attention that kislev doesnt need GW to create new ones, as the RPG's & 4th edition armybook give us plenty of LL options:
    - Nyvena / stephan raisin, leader of the Ungols, political rival of katarin, mechanic about deposing the bokha's or not
    - Ilja of murova, legendary sybirian hunter, monster hunt mechanics ala norsca or can be made a LH
    - The baba's - yaga, Khubleya, Osuleg, Pogodya, protecting the land of the ancient widow, similar to alarielle mortal world torment mechanic
    - Ivan Radinov, the commander of the gryphon legion, far away lord option, place him in the farside colonies and he could work like wulfhart were he gets help from katarin as he defends and conquer more territory
    - Kaspar von Velten, the ambassador of the empire, could have a campaign focused on maintaning the alliance with kislev and maybe get a hybrid roster with some empire units
    - Bianca Ostovich, the fearsome atamanka of petrev, a trophy hunt mechanic were she hunts chaos & other enemies of kislev is very loreful for her
    - Tzar Saltan, Ruler of Praag, campaign focused on hunting chaos factions, could be fused with bianca for a more anti-chaos mechanic

Love the post by @55JoNNo ! Even if I've never been the hugest fan of Nagash as his own faction, that way you suggest it sounds pretty good in my opinion. I will say that I think it males more sense for Zhatan to be a starting lord for the Dawi-Zharr rather than Drazhoath (Drazhoath can come with Infernal Guard themed units in a lord pack) since it'd give them 1 caster lord and 1 melee lord.

In fact, if I could add on to your lovely format...

5. Ogre Kingdoms
    Starting LL

Greasus Goldtooth - Melee tank LL
    Skrag the Slaughterer - Tanky caster LL

Potential Lord Pack LL
    Golgfag Maneater - Melee duelist LL
    Ghark Ironskin - Melee cav LL

Mechanics
    -Food is necessary to maintain public order and tribe allegiance, can be used to cook meals like Grom's Cauldron
    -Mercenary missions can be accepted from other factions for gold and food
    -Can extort settlements for constant income
    -Huge monsters, all monstrous infantry
    -Can move buildings from one settlement to another, migration is emphasized

Map Biome
    Frozen mountain / Prehistoric caves / Tribal camps

6. Dogs of War / Southern Realms
    Starting LL

Borgio the Besieger - Melee tank LL
    Lucrezzia Belladonna - Caster LL

Potential Lord Pack LL
    Lorenzo Lupo - Melee duelist LL, support lord
    Morgan Bernhardt - Melee duelist LL

Mechanics
    -Roam the world to meet factions, establish mercenary camps
    -Take contracts from other factions to receive gold, unlock units, technologies, receive Glory, etc.
    -Glory is accumulated to make you more famous, the more you have, the bigger contracts you receive
    -Units and RoR can be recruited from other races as auxiliaries
    -Bonuses from Treasure Hunts
    -Wealth and renown is everything, become the most famous mercenary band in the world

Map Biome
    Fertile plains / Vineyards / Extravagant, Tilean cities / Mercenary Camps

You're welcome! I will defer to your knowledge on Chaos Dwarfs as I am not too familiar with the Lord choices etc. I think these 6 listed between us our the most likely candidates. I left Ogres out as they are on the periphery of the darklands to the east so I thought that might make them a natural candidate for the "Tomb King" treatment, whereas Chaos Dwarfs are front and center.

I guess Nagash and co. are fairly unlikely to appear but I like the idea of the southern / south - eastern darklands full of skeletal legions. They can differentiate them to Vamp Counts by emphasising skeletal / bone constructs. In my head canon they could even start in a decimated cathay (some vamps went there ages ago) which would help to explain the ossiarch / eastern styling to the legions.

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,380
    55JoNNo said:

I guess Nagash and co. are fairly unlikely to appear

Nagash was hinted twice and he has one of the coolest models in Warhammer. There is no reason for CA not to include him.
    SerPus said:

55JoNNo said:

I guess Nagash and co. are fairly unlikely to appear

Nagash was hinted twice and he has one of the coolest models in Warhammer. There is no reason for CA not to include him.
    Sorry I meant "unlikely to appear as a starting race" - I do believe he is coming