Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Idea

Ajax0807Ajax0807 Registered Users Posts: 1
edited October 15 in Total War General Chat
Will there be a Total War Game Of Thrones ?

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,508
    No signs that there will be, and as has been brought up before it runs in to many issues in trying to cover it in a TW formula.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,370
    Commisar said:

No signs that there will be, and as has been brought up before it runs in to many issues in trying to cover it in a TW formula.

The advancements brought forth by 3K make a GoT TW much more likely and desirable.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,153
    I can imagine a long wait for the next fantasy game so who knows..
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 11,397
    Commisar said:

The TW formula works perfectly fine for GoT and especially the „traveling heroes“ mechanic from 3k would be perfect to represent the switching loyalties.

The only problem I see here is the license
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,093
    The series is over and we have yet to see if its sticks.

Still the licence won't be cheap, probably more expensive then Warhammer.

Also the things which made GoT famous, intrigue and so on, aren't that great in TW, while things TW is great at, are a minor concern for GoT.

So...

Not likely is my verdict.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,370
    SiWI said:

Also the things which made GoT famous, intrigue and so on, aren't that great in TW, while things TW is great at, are a minor concern for GoT.

So...

Oho, that's what I meant with the advancements of 3K, because those allow you to be a truly intrigant git and destroy factions from the inside out with minimal fighting. You can secretly employ turncoats in other factions and then work on turning other characters to your side as well or even take control of enemy armies and attack the faction leader when he least expected it in his safest stronghold. I once had a warlord attack my holdings and capture one of my settlements, when I moved in to retake it, I extracted the one underling of his that was my spy and suddenly he had to face my army at a severe disadvantage. These are just the sort of precious moments that a TW GoT based on the same engine could provide as well.

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,093

SiWI said:

So...

Oho, that's what I meant with the advancements of 3K, because those allow you to be a truly intrigant git and destroy factions from the inside out with minimal fighting. You can secretly employ turncoats in other factions and then work on turning other characters to your side as well or even take control of enemy armies and attack the faction leader when he least expected it in his safest stronghold. I once had a warlord attack my holdings and capture one of my settlements, when I moved in to retake it, I extracted the one underling of his that was my spy and suddenly he had to face my army at a severe disadvantage. These are just the sort of precious moments that a TW GoT based on the same engine could provide as well.
    3K is an improvement in that regard, but still: the strenghts of TW and GoT are reverse from each other.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892