Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unable to host Multiplayer battles

PeterWolfPeterWolf GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 18
edited October 2020 in Multiplayer Bugs
PeterWolf said:

Several days ago I stopped being able to host multiplayer battles. I can still host battles in spectator mode.

When I try to host a multiplayer battle I get the following errors:

1st : "The host has reduced the maximum unit setting...."
2nd: "Error You have lost connection the game".

When I try to join a multiplayer game from the lobby, it initially loads and assigns me chaos and then when I try to change races nothing happens, not only this but I am seen as loading on the hosts end and then eventually I get booted from the lobby.
when I leave a joined game, it shows in lobby as 2/2 still.

I as well as a Friend of mine got this Problem.
I also know of atleast 2 more people with this problem.

I get Beastmen. My friend gets Norsca. The othet one gets Chaos.
Wich is strange since i never set up an large Army nor did i save one. My Friend never even played Norsca.

At first i thought it might be some server or conectivity problem as the Massage suggested but it´s been over an Week now
and I´ve already let my Provider check my connection (wich is fine).
The Lobby is full of Games wich seem to be running fine without me. :'(
I´ve already considered the Problem being a steam issue but the Steam suport section has none of that mater.

:# PLS, ANNYONE, HELP. :#

Build is:
v1.9.1

there can be no Replay File since i can´t host at all.

this problem somehow suddenly fixed itself but now i´m having the same problem again.
Build is now:
v1.9.2
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• BvzSABvzSA Registered Users Posts: 1
    Two friends and I are having the exact same issue. No mods, clean installs for them.

I was initially able to host a game, no problem until I changed the gold to maximum. They couldn't see the change, left and I rehosted and then the issue started. I cannot host a game now. Another friend who has never hosted a game got the issue as well.

One of the affected friends and I have a Co-op campaign without any issues.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file