Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game experiencing loading problems since the last patch: 1.6.1.

zmey_gorinichzmey_gorinich Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 230
Ever since the last patch (1.6.1, build 5687619), my game has a difficult time loading. This is a problem that I have never experienced with Three Kingdoms before.

The launcher would appear, would allow me to press "play game" and then the loading would be stuck forever on the next screen displaying Sega, etc. logos. The first time this happened, I rebooted my PC. The game loaded. The second time this happened, the reboot no longer helped (the game would get stuck on the loading screen regardless of a reboot).

On one of the reboots Steam decided that my game was not even installed (Three Kingdoms grayed out). I checked, the files were still on my PC. After "reinstalling", the game would launch for a few times successfully then revert to being stuck at the loading screen. From the looks of it, the game is having a difficult time finding some files, but I do not know how to fix this.

My NVIDIA drivers are up to date, by the way. Since there is no actual crash (the game just remains stuck on the loading screen), there is no crash log either.

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,034
    Have you tried clearing your download cache and repairing your Steam Library folder(s), then verifying your game cache?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • zmey_gorinichzmey_gorinich Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 230
    edited October 19

Have you tried clearing your download cache and repairing your Steam Library folder(s), then verifying your game cache?

Yes, done all that. Even completely reinstalled my Steam client. After a complete reinstall, steam-client + 3 kingdoms, the game loads normally for a while. Then it's get back to the old "stuck on developer logo" deal. Necessitates a complete uninstall and a reinstall of the game to work again....

Actually, it seems, it also necessitates a complete reinstall of steam + 3 kingdoms. Without the reinstall of steam, reinstalling 3 kingdoms just "hangs there", freezing steam.

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 38,034
    It sounds like Steam is not updating itself correctly for some reason. When you do the re-install of Steam are you using it with Run as Administrator?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • JUSTVICTO13JUSTVICTO13 Registered Users Posts: 3
    I have the same exact issue, i have un-installed, dowloaded and re-installed the game, and it just won´t work. I get as far as the 3k logo, and then puff nothing at all, not even an error pop up.

I wont **** un-install my whole library just to be able to play for an hour, its tottaly infuriating because it wont even tell you what´s wrong, nothing at all. It just doesn´t work.