Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Netflix Barbarians

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 9,965
edited October 26 in Total War General Chat
Since the forum is burrying previous threads, I made new thread again. Sorry for making new thread about it.

*What is your reaction when you watched the Battle of Teutoburg Forest?
*Do you like it?
*Do you think it might inspire CA to make more DLC for Rome 2?

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,965
    edited October 26
    Romans met several Germanic tribes during its reign but only 1 German tribe is playable. Desert and Nomad factions even have more playable factions than Germans in the game. I prefer if CA would make BARBARIANS DLC though.

(2 Germans and 1 British)
    Cheruscii
    Cimbrii
    Caledones
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • TejaSchwarzhaarTejaSchwarzhaar Registered Users Posts: 231
    I completely agree.

The Germanic tribes were a constant threat to Rome, starting with the invasion by the Cimbri and Teutones in 105 BC, continuing with saving their souvereignty in the battle in the Teutoburg forest and ending with the destruction of Rome by the Germanic invaders.

The Germanic people are severely underrepresented in Rome 2 in relation to their importance and this should change. I don't expect another Rome 2 DLC though.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 27,149

I completely agree.

The Germanic tribes were a constant threat to Rome, starting with the invasion by the Cimbri and Teutones in 105 BC, continuing with saving their souvereignty in the battle in the Teutoburg forest and ending with the destruction of Rome by the Germanic invaders.

The Germanic people are severely underrepresented in Rome 2 in relation to their importance and this should change. I don't expect another Rome 2 DLC though.

Untrue. The Cimbri and Teutones were a major threat due to the bungling of the consuls sent to deal with them. When a capable commander took over, both tribes were exterminated without much fuss.

The Germanics were the biggest threats in the later years of the Roman Empire when the smaller tribes had step by step coagulated into larger confederations, so in the Empire Divided campaigns or in the TW that's practically all about them Attila.

It's not necessary to include more playable Germanics into Rome2's main campaign.

It's not necessary to include more playable Germanics into Rome2's main campaign.

How about Cheruscii?

• TejaSchwarzhaarTejaSchwarzhaar Registered Users Posts: 231

I completely agree.

Untrue. The Cimbri and Teutones were a major threat due to the bungling of the consuls sent to deal with them. When a capable commander took over, both tribes were exterminated without much fuss.

The Germanics were the biggest threats in the later years of the Roman Empire when the smaller tribes had step by step coagulated into larger confederations, so in the Empire Divided campaigns or in the TW that's practically all about them Attila.

So how does this make anything of what I said "untrue"? The Romans suffered some severe defeats against the Cimbri and Teutones and they even managed to invade the Italian peninsula which is something that not many others can say about themselves.

Indeed, the Germanic people are important in Attila but so should they be in Rome 2 where they were basically ignored. The Germanic culture group is severely underrepresented in comparison to every other culture group (there are even more steppe factions) which is why such a DLC would be greatly appreciated, at least by me.

I completely agree.

So how does this make anything of what I said "untrue"? The Romans suffered some severe defeats against the Cimbri and Teutones and they even managed to invade the Italian peninsula which is something that not many others can say about themselves.

Indeed, the Germanic people are important in Attila but so should they be in Rome 2 where they were basically ignored. The Germanic culture group is severely underrepresented in comparison to every other culture group (there are even more steppe factions) which is why such a DLC would be greatly appreciated, at least by me.
    I would appreciate it as well. There should be more playable Germanic Tribes in Rome 2 timeline.
  • Barbarian BorelordBarbarian Borelord Registered Users Posts: 40
    edited October 28
    I haven't watched Barbarians yet, but I will, since I hear mostly good things about it and I like stuff about my Germanic ancestors.
    But I don't have a great need for Germanic DLC in Rome 2, to me there is more than enough possibilities for Germanic conquest in Attila and I like that game more than Rome 2 anyway.