Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dwarf Miners have terrible cost-effectiveness

AristodemosIIAristodemosII Registered Users Posts: 162
Yes, Miners have armour piercing. Yes, Miners have 80 armour. But they also have melee stats almost at the level of Peasant Mobs. They lose against all other chaff infantry of their price, I think something needs to be done here.

I already hear everybody saying: "but Miners can hold a long time to give missile units time to fire!"

But here is the point.
What is dangerous to Dwarf missile units? --> High mass monsters. They just smash through your lines and ping pong back and forth through you back lines.

This also means that Miners do nothing to protect your missile units! Chaff infantry kills them, and monsters just terrify them away: They don't even have Immune to Psychology!
A Dwarf thread a day keeps the chariots away.

Comments

• kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,288
    Eh i am confused is this dwarf bashing thread?

Miners could use some CB. Genric ones.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Green0Green0 Registered Users Posts: 7,326
    monster meta vs Dwarves confirmed lol.
    mightygloin_fan_1
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 183
    Daily dwarf thread time. Miners with blasting charges are incredibly effective at dictating how an opponent can play. The base miners only cost 325 and the blasting charge ones cost 425. Why should a dirt cheap unit with 80 armor, 68 leadership, and blasting charges that will do half damage to most infantry get ITP lol? Any competent player would love for monsters to be spending their time destroying a unit of miners while guns and torpedoes blast them to bits. If you don't like them just get dwarf warriors who barely cost more and have 40 defense.
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,144
    They have charge of 6 lol, even dread spears have charge of 8
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,288

Miners are incredibly wrongly implemented into the game and sacrificed in TW tier system to give Dwarfs chaff unit that lose to even cheaper spears but act like a cheap roadblock to get better value out of missiles. Such beardlings, they also hold worse than regular chaff against AP infantry due to lower stats and models though. They

• should be tiered between DWGW and LBGW
    • should have similar stats as DWGW
    • should have initial stalking to emulate underground advance
    Similar issue with Rangers. It seems the vanguard options of this faction were deliberately nerfed so they won't have more than one legit playstyle.
    i think they need to be re spec to be shock infantry , and cost nerfed dwarf are a dying race may be?
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 3,332
    yst said:

Just what the hell is 20 att 18 def 22 wep str gonna do, like seriously 22 wep str

They easily beat artillery crews and "non-chevroned" Skavenslaves though. Credit where is due.
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 183
    I think a fair and balanced buff would be to give them martial mastery. These dwarves are master miners after all! Then ITP, because who's afraid of a dragon when you've got your trust pickaxe!

Seriously though, can someone explain to me why a 325 gold unit with high LD and high armor should have good combat stats? Who is playing the dwarves and trying to get tons of kills with miners? Its not like the dwarves lack quality infantry. They are cheap roadblocks and if you bring blasting charges they will absolutely wreck light armor and do moderste to decent damage against high armor.

Seriously though, can someone explain to me why a 325 gold unit with high LD and high armor should have good combat stats? Who is playing the dwarves and trying to get tons of kills with miners? They are cheap roadblocks

There you answered your own question.
  • AnalogAnalog Registered Users Posts: 238

Seriously though, can someone explain to me why a 325 gold unit with high LD and high armor should have good combat stats? Who is playing the dwarves and trying to get tons of kills with miners? They are cheap roadblocks

But yeah exactly, how much do you want out of a 325g unit?
    They have High Armour, Ld and AP.
    If you wanted to swap some of that around a bit for the better stats then fine, but that already looks like a fine deal and a competent enough roadblock.

How effective and cheap of a line do you want to be able to make?
  • MamaLuigiMamaLuigi Registered Users Posts: 16
    The most effectiveness I've gotten out of them is on campaign where I vanguard them somewhere really far off as a suicide distraction unit to the AI in leu of any kiting cav lol
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,571
    Inappropriate personal comments removed.

Just to note: There is no restriction in the Forum Terms & Conditions on the number of properly introduced threads a person may submit on the forum.

More importantly, there is also "absolutely NO requirement to be found anywhere in the T&C" that the forum membership has to respond to any thread. There are however, a set of rules on how to respond should a person decide to do so.

If that is not clear to anyone, send me a PM. I'll be happy to walk through it with them.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 1,988

Daily dwarf thread time.

Don't you mean #DailyDwarfThread?
    Analog said:

But yeah exactly, how much do you want out of a 325g unit?
    They have High Armour, Ld and AP.
    If you wanted to swap some of that around a bit for the better stats then fine, but that already looks like a fine deal and a competent enough roadblock.

How effective and cheap of a line do you want to be able to make?
    I wrote above that they should get reworked to be something between DWGW and LBGW with initial stalk to emulate their underground advance but it's apparently removed. Why was it removed without a trace though? It included no bickering or trolling and was related only to Miners and Rangers. Confused mods?
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,384
    Can we let this thread die already.
    Karaz-a-Karak Discord server