Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chance we get all vampire bloodlines

BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 459
As this post said
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/ivvg1v/vampire_counts_bloodlinesspeculation_and_roster/

The only vampire bloodline we have now is Von Carstein. Will we get more legendary lords?

If all lords are added, then we will have like 10 to 12 legendary lords for vampire counts, that's way too many

Do you think we will get them as another sub faction? Since we already have them as minor factions. How will they join?

Comments

• ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 568
    A bloody good chance.

Just joking. But at least it's safe to expect Neferata and Nagash at some point, in my opinion.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,876
    Neferata so Lahmia is pretty much guranteed.

The Red Duke is in the game but yet to be a fully fledged LL. There we have blood Dragons.

It is only Necarchs that looks bleak in chances.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 18,135
    I think chances are extremely good.

LP:
    - Neferata (Lahmians)
    - Zacharias (Necrarch)

FLC:
    - Vorag/Ushoran/Gashnag (Strigoi)
    - Red Duke (Blood Dragons)

The Red Duke could actually come as a small extra at any point and doesn’t need to take a FLC spot since he is already 75% done.

Neffy LP:
    - (Proper) Lahmian Lord
    - Coven Throne
    - Neferatas Handmaidens
    - Lahmian Guard
    - Abyssal Terror (Winged Nightmare)
    - Gargoyles

Zacharias LP:
    - (proper) Necrarch Lord
    - Patchworkmen
    - Flesh Golems
    - Corpse Giant
    - Wickerman
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 3,618
    I believe that there should be a separate Nagash faction with its generals. This will balance the vampires and the tomb kings.

A Fraction Of Nagash.

Nagash
    Arkhan the Black
    Neferata
    Krell

Vampires
    Abhorash

Remove Aranessa of the vampires, in some fraction of pirates.

The Red Duke is in the game but yet to be a fully fledged LL. There we have blood Dragons.

VC as well as Dwarfs and the Empire should get 2 LPs in WH3 so we can get both Neffy and Zach.

A Necrarch arcane workshop or flesh workbench mechanic would write itself. The Frankenstein vibes would be amazing.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 459

And Strigoi, I'd like to see some ghoul-focused army

• sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,032
    We have Luthor Harkon and the Red Duke. That makes 2 unique characters for the blood dragons in addition to the von carsteins.

But I think the vampire counts almost reached the upper limit of LL. I think 6 is a very large number for LL and should be the cap. Not to mention the unique bloodline lords, which already include all vampiric bloodlines.

So I could see one bloodline specific Lord added to the regular VC. As both strigoi and blood dragons are already strongly interwoven into the current vampire counts (basic strigoi lord, red duke and blood knights) I could see one of the two be the next logical step.

However of the blood lines not represented in the game, many could be included into nagash if he were to have his own faction. Especially necrachs and strigoi (thanks to mourkan housing nagashs crown for a while) have close ties to nagash. Neferata and the lahmians are more ambivalent, as their relationship with nagash depends strongly on the edition. But she too could somehow work her way in.

So taken everything into account, I could see a blood dragon as the most likley and probably last VC LL, with other blood line LL being part of another faction
    sykall said:

We have Luthor Harkon and the Red Duke. That makes 2 unique characters for the blood dragons in addition to the von carsteins.

But I think the vampire counts almost reached the upper limit of LL. I think 6 is a very large number for LL and should be the cap. Not to mention the unique bloodline lords, which already include all vampiric bloodlines.

So I could see one bloodline specific Lord added to the regular VC. As both strigoi and blood dragons are already strongly interwoven into the current vampire counts (basic strigoi lord, red duke and blood knights) I could see one of the two be the next logical step.

However of the blood lines not represented in the game, many could be included into nagash if he were to have his own faction. Especially necrachs and strigoi (thanks to mourkan housing nagashs crown for a while) have close ties to nagash. Neferata and the lahmians are more ambivalent, as their relationship with nagash depends strongly on the edition. But she too could somehow work her way in.

So taken everything into account, I could see a blood dragon as the most likley and probably last VC LL, with other blood line LL being part of another faction

There is no upper limit
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 459
    ArneSo said:

sykall said:

There is no upper limit
    Right, more legendary lords are better
  • Giveaway412Giveaway412 Registered Users Posts: 735

A Fraction Of Nagash.

1/2 Necromancy
    1/4 Nehekharan
    1/4 Lich-Priest

100/100 God of Undeath

• Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,521
    Very low.

I think at least one bloodline is not going to make the cut.
    If it comes down to this, I hope it will be Necrarch. Neferata is too important to be left out, Red Duke is mostly done and now way in hell I will turn my back on my beloved Strigoi.
  • Sfigatto16Sfigatto16 Registered Users Posts: 220
    About Red Duke, should arrive with a complete re-work of Bretonnia, because without it I can’t image playing against whole Bretonnia having enemy LL’s bordering the north and south.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 9,905
    We can lahiman , stregoi and necrarch LL but do we know any thing about the other two missing blood lines.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,741
    IMO it's almost guaranteed. It's DLC that 100% will sell. Probably reserved for game 3 after the new races get content. I expect DLC milking for at least 2 years after game 3 complete.

About Red Duke, should arrive with a complete re-work of Bretonnia, because without it I can’t image playing against whole Bretonnia having enemy LL’s bordering the north and south.

There is next to Heinrich Kemmler and Grom the Paunch.

Itharus said:

IMO it's almost guaranteed. It's DLC that 100% will sell. Probably reserved for game 3 after the new races get content. I expect DLC milking for at least 2 years after game 3 complete.

I generally expect a WH3 DLC support for about 6-8 years. We know that we will get content as long as that content sells well.
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 279
    I was really hoping for a strigoi flc in game 2, with Ushoran. Then the nechrachs and lahmians in game 3 through a nagash faction or crissgame dlc.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,115
    Are the vampire counts missing any unit? And I mean including those from side lists, white dwarf, old editions ...

The only ones I could think about are spirit hosts, the coven throne mount... That and Mournguls and necrofex which were given to coast.

• Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,255
    edited November 2020
    sykall said:

6 is not a lot of LLs for a faction with as many characters as the Vampire Counts, or the Empire and Chaos for that matter. To get actual Bloodline representation, Vampire Counts need to hit 9 LLs minimum. We already know that not every race will have the same amount of LLs, as there's virtually no way for the Wood Elves to hit 6 unless they get an additional two FLCs. Empire and Warriors of Chaos could easily hit 10 each and still have plenty of characters to choose from and units to make lord packs with, so I think the Vampire Counts hitting 9 just have representation for each Bloodline isn't out of the question.

CA has also said that they'll keep making content as long as people keep buying it, so eventually some race is going to have more than 6 LLs.

I consider Neferata as virtually guaranteed to come in game 3, with another DLC for the Necrarchs to be pretty likely.
    Pocman said:

Are the vampire counts missing any unit? And I mean including those from side lists, white dwarf, old editions ...

The only ones I could think about are spirit hosts, the coven throne mount... That and Mournguls and necrofex which were given to coast.

Considering that CA has gone into purely lore units, that opens the door to a lot of units. Coven Thrones, Mournguls, Lahmian Guard, Lahmian Swains, Spirit Hosts, Patchwork Men, Knockers, Abyssal Terrors, Wicker Man, Living Deadwood; easily enough to fill two DLCs.
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,643
    Pocman said:

There is still Heinrich Kemmler's Undead Army of the Cairns from WD 311, which was discussed here two days ago (or something like that and then there is Von Helsnicht's Ghost Coach which is driven by ghost wolves (WD 315)

And that is all I am aware of as far as potential units are concerned.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 2,683
    That means 3-4 more LLs for the VCs.
    That would mean 8 or 9 LLs in total. Meanwhile some races like the empire and dwarves are still on 4.
    Should the empire or dwarves get another 4-5 LLs to make it equal. Then what about other races.

I don't see the vampire counts getting more than 1 more LL.

However if we include other races such as a hypothetical nagash race/faction it will likely include Neferata. We also have Luthor playable with coast.
    If VC get one more LL then their will only be one bloodline missing.

Pocman said:

There is still Heinrich Kemmler's Undead Army of the Cairns from WD 311, which was discussed here two days ago (or something like that and then there is Von Helsnicht's Ghost Coach which is driven by ghost wolves (WD 315)

I hope that CA will use this list for the Legion of Nagash.

sykall said:

6 is not a lot of LLs for a faction with as many characters as the Vampire Counts, or the Empire and Chaos for that matter. To get actual Bloodline representation, Vampire Counts need to hit 9 LLs minimum. We already know that not every race will have the same amount of LLs, as there's virtually no way for the Wood Elves to hit 6 unless they get an additional two FLCs. Empire and Warriors of Chaos could easily hit 10 each and still have plenty of characters to choose from and units to make lord packs with, so I think the Vampire Counts hitting 9 just have representation for each Bloodline isn't out of the question.

CA has also said that they'll keep making content as long as people keep buying it, so eventually some race is going to have more than 6 LLs.

I consider Neferata as virtually guaranteed to come in game 3, with another DLC for the Necrarchs to be pretty likely.
    Pocman said:

Considering that CA has gone into purely lore units, that opens the door to a lot of units. Coven Thrones, Mournguls, Lahmian Guard, Lahmian Swains, Spirit Hosts, Patchwork Men, Knockers, Abyssal Terrors, Wicker Man, Living Deadwood; easily enough to fill two DLCs.
    Wood elf

Already have - Orion, Durthu.
    Coming soon - Ariel, Sisters of Twilight, Araloth, Drychy.
    Must be - Daith, Scarloc, Naieth.

7-8 LL is quite a real number.

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 9,905
    Werent there stregoi list.

Plus there is wicker man from monsters arcanum

Patch work men

Ghost

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,115
    edited November 2020

With the exception of the coven throne and the abyssal terror mounts, the only ones I would like would be the spirit hosts (mostly as a filler unit) wicker Man (although it's not exactly an undead, isn't it?) And the fenbeadt (which is technically made of mud and decomposed bones).

The rest seem flimsy additions at best
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,643
    ArneSo said:

Pocman said:

I hope that CA will use this list for the Legion of Nagash.
    I hope not, this list is all about Kemmler, so I hope to be albe to use it with him. If Nagash comes, I hope that he will get his list from the ETs or wiill be albe to recruit everything undead (Zombie pirates, Counts and Tomb Kings, if you own the required DLC/games)

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    More Vampire Count bloodlines?

Araby Von Carstein?
    Kislev Von Carstein?

I may have to agree.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,667
    I hope so, I can def see Neferata in a LP possabily bringing a flc LL Strigoi or Abhorash .

Zacharias would also be an interesting LP choice aswell, I don't see there being a set number off LLs just them keeping it at six for main races before game three rolls in and then they can expand more. Otherwise SK fans would be upset with no Thanqual.

I'm not sure how Nagash will be implemented so perhaps his own race in some capacity with his own set off lords, who knows

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,633
    Pocman said:

Official: Coven Throne (mount), Abyssal Terror (mount), spirit hosts

Supplementary: Wicker Man, Patchwork Men, Necrofex (melee, perhaps permenant mount for Master Necromancer, as they could be bound into them), Animated Armour (has another name, but forget it), Simulcra

There are a few.
    Pocman said:

With the exception of the coven throne and the abyssal terror mounts, the only ones I would like would be the spirit hosts (mostly as a filler unit) wicker Man (although it's not exactly an undead, isn't it?) And the fenbeadt (which is technically made of mud and decomposed bones).

The rest seem flimsy additions at best
    Most mounts are also units in TWWH so the Dread Abyssal (abyssal Terror is a flying monster) and Coven Throne should also be regular units.

Again there are many cool units from several sources that CA could add.

- Wickerman
    - Patchworkmen
    - Neferatas Handmaidens
    - Corpse Giants
    - Gargoyles
    - Flesh Golems
    - Simulacra
    - Incarnate Elemental of Death
    - Glooms