Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chance we get all vampire bloodlines

Comments

• YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,643
    edited November 2020
    Goatforce said:

Pocman said:

Are the vampire counts missing any unit? And I mean including those from side lists, white dwarf, old editions ...

The only ones I could think about are spirit hosts, the coven throne mount... That and Mournguls and necrofex which were given to coast.

Official: Coven Throne (mount), Abyssal Terror (mount), spirit hosts

Supplementary: Wicker Man, Patchwork Men, Necrofex (melee, perhaps permenant mount for Master Necromancer, as they could be bound into them), Animated Armour (has another name, but forget it), Simulcra

There are a few.
    From where are these supplementary creatures? Necrofex is from Arcanum, but the others? What are bases for them?

Edit: Simulacra is from the WD list, still not sure about the rest.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 753
    edited November 2020
    For the Vampire Counts, the following LLs for each Bloodline are a must (IMO):
    • Zacharias the Everliving
    • Neferata
    • Vorag
    I'm of the opinion that the Vampire Counts were robbed in their DLC; CA did them dirty. Helman Ghorst doesn't count as a Legendary Lord in my book.

In my opinion, the Counts deserve the Skaven treatment: 1 DLC for each major Bloodline (just like the Skaven are getting 1 DLC per major clan).
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,741
    ArneSo said:

Itharus said:

IMO it's almost guaranteed. It's DLC that 100% will sell. Probably reserved for game 3 after the new races get content. I expect DLC milking for at least 2 years after game 3 complete.

I generally expect a WH3 DLC support for about 6-8 years. We know that we will get content as long as that content sells well.
    That far into the future this game will be a mobile game, lol.
  • jamesbluewavejamesbluewave Registered Users Posts: 531
    I’m actually surprised Neferata isn’t in the game, but Queen Khalida constantly complains about her. Same with Nagash, there’s all these territories linked to him and his name but he’s just gone. I’m not super familiar with the lore, so maybe they’re both just dead, idk. But they both seem like really important characters based on landmarks and dialogues from other Legendary lords.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,633

Goatforce said:

Pocman said:

Are the vampire counts missing any unit? And I mean including those from side lists, white dwarf, old editions ...

The only ones I could think about are spirit hosts, the coven throne mount... That and Mournguls and necrofex which were given to coast.

Supplementary: Wicker Man, Patchwork Men, Necrofex (melee, perhaps permenant mount for Master Necromancer, as they could be bound into them), Animated Armour (has another name, but forget it), Simulcra

There are a few.
    From where are these supplementary creatures? Necrofex is from Arcanum, but the others? What are bases for them?

Wicker Man is from the RPG I believe, anyway Loremaster of Sotek did a cool video on them in his Halloween series:

Patchwork Men are also from the RPG https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Patchwork_Men

The armour has also been mentioned by Sotek but I forget what the exact name of it is, which makes it hard to find sources for, I would be willing to bet it is from the RPG though.

I’m actually surprised Neferata isn’t in the game, but Queen Khalida constantly complains about her. Same with Nagash, there’s all these territories linked to him and his name but he’s just gone. I’m not super familiar with the lore, so maybe they’re both just dead, idk. But they both seem like really important characters based on landmarks and dialogues from other Legendary lords.

Nagash is incapacitated. Neferata is alive and well, but she was not part of 8th edition armybook, which CA mainly used during early lifecycle of TWW. She is playabe in 8th edition via End Times supplement, but only Imrik got into the game from the End Times so far (if we do not count names for some regiments of reknown and Silverin Guard).

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Pocman said:

There are a few.

Wicker Man is from the RPG I believe, anyway Loremaster of Sotek did a cool video on them in his Halloween series:

Patchwork Men are also from the RPG https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Patchwork_Men

The armour has also been mentioned by Sotek but I forget what the exact name of it is, which makes it hard to find sources for, I would be willing to bet it is from the RPG though.
    Nothing from the RPG got into the game as far as I know (only that one lore of magic for Skaven), so I would not expect this stuff. Counts still have the WD list for Kemmler and ghost coach from WD as well, so need for RPG stuff yet (if ever).

• jamesbluewavejamesbluewave Registered Users Posts: 531

Nagash is incapacitated. Neferata is alive and well, but she was not part of 8th edition armybook, which CA mainly used during early lifecycle of TWW. She is playabe in 8th edition via End Times supplement, but only Imrik got into the game from the End Times so far (if we do not count names for some regiments of reknown and Silverin Guard).
    Oh okay! That makes some sense then! Thanks for clearing that up. But wow 8 editions??? That’s pretty cool! But yea, I spent my whole campaign as Khalida going who is Neferata? Why does she want her head so much? and I did a settra vortex campaign and having to collect the books of Nagash and seeing the landmarks named after him were all just kinda strange like where is this Nagash dude?haha Thanks for the information!
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,633

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Pocman said:

There are a few.

Nothing from the RPG got into the game as far as I know (only that one lore of magic for Skaven), so I would not expect this stuff. Counts still have the WD list for Kemmler and ghost coach from WD as well, so need for RPG stuff yet (if ever).
    So we have a lore of magic from the RPG, hence RPG stuff is on the table, also isn't that where the HE Ranger is from?

I don't see why the Ghost coach is more valid or preferable to any of the units I listed, it is literally a kitbashed Black Coach... I'll take the Wicker Man or Patchwork Men any day of the week. I am aware of the Barrow Legion List, and I think it is a likely source, but with the VCs needng 2 LPs to realistically fill in all the Bloodline's LLs these are cool thematic units to add.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 23,627
    Very little.
    If you have an issue with forum moderation the forum Administrator responsible is CA_Grace
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Pocman said:

There are a few.

So we have a lore of magic from the RPG, hence RPG stuff is on the table, also isn't that where the HE Ranger is from?

I don't see why the Ghost coach is more valid or preferable to any of the units I listed, it is literally a kitbashed Black Coach... I'll take the Wicker Man or Patchwork Men any day of the week. I am aware of the Barrow Legion List, and I think it is a likely source, but with the VCs needng 2 LPs to realistically fill in all the Bloodline's LLs these are cool thematic units to add.
    Ranger is from Warhammer Quest and rangers were part of the old story about Warden & Paunch.Well, because ghost coach is from the White Dwarf, from which CA is using stuff, unlike the RPG. There is not one unit that was solely in the RPG and as long as there are units with rules in WD, they are going to use those (IMHO).

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,499
    *Vlad - should just let Manfred carry the Carstein legacy
    *Isabella - should just stay with Vlad in afterlife
    *Ghorst - extra

3 slots have been wasted.

*Vlad should just let Red Duke became playable
    *Isabella should just give way for Neferata
    *Ghorst should just stay quiet and let Stirigoi and Necarch LL lead their own bloodline
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 921
    To be fair, in 8th edition at least, the Vampire Counts are the Von Carlstein, that's in the name, they are the Von, they are the counts. And Games Workshop seems adamant that's the only bloodline that should be in the VC, wether we agree or not.
    So maybe even Neferata won't be a vampire count, but be part of a new Nagash faction, maybe with a necrarch and the Red Duke, as to preserve the identity of the Counts as the Von Carlsteins, and noone else.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,471
    Maelas said:

To be fair, in 8th edition at least, the Vampire Counts are the Von Carlstein, that's in the name, they are the Von, they are the counts. And Games Workshop seems adamant that's the only bloodline that should be in the VC, wether we agree or not.
    So maybe even Neferata won't be a vampire count, but be part of a new Nagash faction, maybe with a necrarch and the Red Duke, as to preserve the identity of the Counts as the Von Carlsteins, and noone else.

8th edition added both Strigoi ghoul kings as a separate lord choice, and the coven throne which is Lahmian. And even though you did not choose specific blood lines, the vampiric power upgrades had options that represented all the main characteristics of the different bloodlines.
  • SaborSabor Registered Users Posts: 519
    Really have to agree on this. I love the characters we got (Vlad being my favorite character in the setting) but I do agree vampire counts did kind of get shafted suffering from quantity not quality. I LOVE we got Vlad as a lord, but his design choice was not the best. In addition his animation rig uses a shield and sword.

Ghorst....well he is LITERALLY the single most unknown character CA has ever added. There is not a single character in the trilogy thus far that is more unknown. How unknown is Ghorst? He only ever appeared in a single campaign called Sigmar's blood. After that he is literally never heard about again. Not mentioned in any books, he is not even a foot note in a codex. Granted I personally like the story of Ghorst, but if I had to pick between him and any other named character, guess who I'm picking?

Not only this we got Krell! But he was delegated to a summon that dies no matter what you do. He honestly should be switched to a quest reward for any vampire count player. If you play as Henrich he auto starts in your army. Much like Kroak with Gor'Rok.

The only addition they added that felt like a true addition to the VC was Isabella. Though im still convinced that if you start as either her or Vlad you go on a quest to resurrect the other as either a powerful lord or a legendary hero.

So yes I am 100% for giving the VC 4 more named LL's. Though we might have to revamp the von Carstens to make them unique.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,130

We can lahiman , stregoi and necrarch LL but do we know any thing about the other two missing blood lines.

We do, all the bloodlines are pretty well documented (with the expection of the Lost Bloodlines).

Von Carsteins - Vlad von Carstein (aka Vashanesh)
    Already in game, so enough said.

Lahmians - Neferata
    Faction Capital - Silver Pinnacle (area is on the ME map, but no settlement yet)
    - Neferata's faction, when added, would probably have a relatively standard roster of VC and TK hybrid. The real power would be in the Lahmian hero/agents. And diplomacy advantage.

Strigoi - Ushoran
    Faction Capital - Ruins of Mourkain (area is on the ME map, but no settlement yet)
    - Ushoran is in game already but as a generic Strigoi Ghoul King. He should get his own unique model since he's not actually a Ghoul King. He's Strigoi as they were meant to be. His faction should have Crypt Ghoul bonuses and access to Strigany Human units.

Necrarch - W'soran (aka Melkhior aka Zacharias)
    Faction Capital - Forrest of Shadows (area is on the ME map, but no settlement yet)
    - W'soran is in game already but as a generic Vampire Count (later changed to the placeholder Necrarch). The real fun would be his quest story. Fighting Melhkior, then Zacharias. Or CA could approach it from the view of Zacharias. either works for me. And give Necrarch proper models...

Blood Dragons - Abhorash
    Faction Capital - Blood Keep (area is on the ME map, but no settlement yet)
    - Abhorash was a kind of an absentee father... As others mentioned Red Duke and Luthor Harkon are Blood Dragons who are already in game. Red Duke nor Mousillon are playable yet. Luthor represents Vampirates rather than the typical Blood Dragon. The real Leader of the Blood Dragons (discounting Abhorash) was Wallach Harkon who leads the real Blood Dragon Knights from Blood Keep rather than the lesser Blood Knights...

---

Now I can't resist the speculating on the Lost Bloodlines. There's three by my count, but we'll probably never see them :'( goes without saying, that below is highly headcanon, but I'll state what is based on official lore and what isn't

Unknown - Harakhte
    Faction Capital - Somewhere in Cathay (Speculative)
    - In the original canon Harakhte was the Brilliant Grand Vizier of Lahmia and one of original cabal who drank Neferata's Curse Elixir. He, along with Maatmeses were said to have disappear East after the Vampire Rebellion against Nagash. "Night's Dark Masters" book mentions "immortal eunuch sorcerers that drinks the souls of men"

[fanmade] There's actually no official reference to there being a "Jade Blooded" Bloodlines as far as I'm aware. The Jade Blood was first mentioned in a fanmade Supplement to "Nights Dark Masters" named "Lost Bloodlines: An Apocryphal Supplement for Night's Dark Masters". It see as whole host of people took this as canon, as did I initially... But upon further reading it turn out to be fanmade and the fan author made them some lore errors to boot... NDM mention Harakhte as the Grand Vizier, but in that supplement he was mentioned as the Eunuch Chief Justice... A small mistake perhaps, but a mistake all the same.

As you can see, it's Harakhte not Maatmeses who was mentioned as the Vizier, but I kind of like the idea/name of the Jade-Blooded, eventhough it's not canon. The main thing is Harakhe is their blood-sire and they're sorcerer eunuchs vampires.

[canon conflicts] If you read "Nagash the Unbroken" and "Nagash Immortal" by Mike Lee. Harakhte and Maatmeses don't seem to exist and are replaced in the First Vampire Cabal by Ankhat and Zurhas... At first this seems like a huge canon conflict, but it might not be. The books mentions Obaid as Grand Vizier (conflicting original canon of Harakhte]. However Obaid was never given the Elixir and is later demoted to become Alcadizaar's personal servant. It's Ankhat who then assumes the role of vizier being Neferata's closest advisor, although he was never mentioned as being official made vizier by Neferata in the books. He was however given the Elixir. So we could equate Ankhat with Harakhe. Maybe Harakhe as he family name and Ankhat is personal name.

[my headcanon] I'm fine with them being called Jade Vampires or Jade Eunuch. Not much I would change here. Harakhte worms his way into the Cathayan court and became the head Minister/Eunuch serving Cathay.

[trivia] Harakhte is one of the names of Ancient Egyptian Horus. 'Horus of the Horizon' God of the Sun.
    "The Eye of Horus/The All Seeing Eye" is his symbol. Fitting name for a Grand Vizier.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown - Maatmeses
    Faction Capital - Haunted Forrest
    "tales from the jungles of Ind and the Southlands about Mad Priests who tear out men's hearts to feed to their dark Gods"

[fanmade] "Lost Bloodlines: An Apocryphal Supplement for Night's Dark Masters" has Maatmeses as the Vizier... and his Bloodline: Matmasi - The Carrion Childen and Maatmeses the Carrion King. Scavenger types, but no mention of them being Mad Priests. I don't really like this concept nor the name Matmasi, no relation to anything.

[canon conflict] In "Night's Dark Masters" Maatmeses was mentioned being the fat and corrupt Chief Judge. However in "Nagash the Unbroken" and "Nagash Immortal" he doesn't exist. Zurhas is am aimless minor noble who liked to gamble, he was never mentioned as being the Chief Judge. He sided with Neferata and became part of her cabal. He's described as binging gaunt and more and rodent like, with pale, almost translucent skin in his vampire form. Rather puts me in mind of a Nosferatu but that seems to similar to Necrarch for my liking. Squaring the fat Maatmeses with Zurhas his a bit difficult but I think it's possible.

[my headcanon] Zurhas Maatmeses travels with Ankhat Harakhte east, but they parted ways. Maatmeses seeks to amend his gambler ways and finds fanatical purpose in reliving his family's inherited position as Chief Judges of Lahmia, but is forced to set up court in the Jungles of Ind because Lahmia is no longer an option... He and his bloodline becomes a law onto themselves, abducting people from Ind and the southlands to be judged. Those deeded worthy are made vampires and those found wanting have their hearts ripped out. As for the Bloodline's name I think it would be cool if they were just called "Vetala" (google it) Bloodline. Bloodline gifts: They can read the future of the living, giving them the confidenct to pass judgement. Bloodline quirk: They are ever hungry and will feed until fat and bloated, at which point they will hibernate until they become thin and hungry again...

[trivia]. Ma'at or Maat is actually the ancient Egyptian Goddess of Justice.
    Maatmeses means "Born of Justice". for real.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown - Naaima
    Faction Capital - Somewhere in Nippon (Speculative)
    "Neferata" by Josh Reynalds. Naaima was always assumed to have been Lahmian. Neferata's lover, closest companion in the original canon. She was said to be unnusually adept at shapeshifting (a shared trait of Lahmians). She would often change into a Large Black Cat to amuse Neferata or to hunt. She was once a Cathayan concubine.

In "Nagash the Unbroken" Naaima's background was revealed more. She was the concubine/courtesan of Cathayan Prince Xian Ha Feng. She was called "White Orchid" but Neferata renamed her Naaima. Naaima was also given the Exilir so she not a Lahmian. She has porcelain white skin.

[my headcanon] I was thinking Geisha, especially with the porcelain face description, but that seems too cliche. Given Naaima's background as a courtesan I think Oiran Courtesan would suit them more. As for the name of the Bloodline. A few good options. simply White Orchid as her original name sake or Wild Orchid, But there is the legend of vampire cats in Japan called "Nekomata" that's my prefered choice. Strigoi already se the precedence or using realworld regional names of Vampires.

[trivia] Oiran the japanese kanji for "ran" actually means flower or Orchid...

I don't know if GW writers intended something along the lines of my headcanon, but things just seem to fit by themselves. I feel like I'm just reverse engineering or putting the puzzle together. I don't feel like I'm writing anything new here. Strange... But that makes the best headcanons, something that feels like it could be canon.

Total War: Warhammer IV - Ind, Nippon, Khuresh, Elithis Sea Elves (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines DLCs) :#
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,499
    edited November 2020
    If only Vlad gave way to Red Duke, Isabella to Neferata and Ghorst to Wsoran or Ushoran, VC would have been complete.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,096
    if you mean legendary lords I doubt it. I see maybe Nef getting a lord pack and Red Duck being reworked into a LL and thats about it.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • Emjay86Emjay86 Registered Users Posts: 48
    I sincerely hope that we get all bloodlines added. Vampire counts are a great faction with a lot of detail and lords to pick from.

The blood kiss mechanic was definitely an upgrade to the faction overall but I feel it merely exposed the lack of choice more than anything.

I would like the vampire lords to be selectable by bloodline that is locked in for that playthrough. Von carstein having access to the humans for example and nechrarchs having better research speed etc.

By all means, lower the selectable roster if need be. Von carstein can have the option of Manfred or vlad with Isabella being a blood kiss unlock for vlad for example. They could buff helman ghorst somehow and make him a unique unlock to Manfred etc.

I fear giving each bloodline a set of unique units each might be too much work however so it's unlikely at this point.

Would be lovely though.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 18,135
    edited November 2020
    jamreal18 said:

If only Vlad gave way to Red Duke, Isabella to Neferata and Ghorst to Wsoran or Ushoran, VC would have been complete.

Vlad is one of the most popular WH characters out there. Adding him was a must.

While I like Izzy, adding her was a bit obsolete to be honest and she would’ve been a fine LH.

And Ghorst.... well let’s not talk about Ghorst.

In the end, CA really messed it up and added 2 unnecessary characters.
  • Emjay86Emjay86 Registered Users Posts: 48
    ArneSo said:

jamreal18 said:

Vlad is one of the most popular WH characters out there. Adding him was a must.

While I like Izzy, adding her was a bit obsolete to be honest and she would’ve been a fine LH.

And Ghorst.... well let’s not talk about Ghorst.

In the end, CA really messed it up and added 2 unnecessary characters.
    Isabella and ghorst could have both been LH much like krell is to kemmler, agreed.
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,649
    Just give me the Malkavians and I will be happy!
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 18,135
    Ingr8 said:

Just give me the Malkavians and I will be happy!

I rather have Edward Cullen as the new LL! That’s a real vampire!
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,649
    Nope, Jeanette FTW

Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    Major Bloodlines? All five are a pretty safe bet, most of the remaining named, playable characters are from the remaining Bloodlines.

Minor Bloodlines? Slim-to-none, but I have very high hopes for the modding community after Total Warhammer 3 launches.
  • Gleipnir74Gleipnir74 Registered Users Posts: 174
    A new race pack with LL for each of the the other 4 Vampire Bloodlines would be great for game 3, treated more like Tomb Kings in terms of ability to confederate however. Perhaps even bringing with it a new Nagash Event or mechanic
  • RodentofDoomRodentofDoom Registered Users Posts: 580

That means 3-4 more LLs for the VCs.
    That would mean 8 or 9 LLs in total. Meanwhile some races like the empire and dwarves are still on 4.
    Should the empire or dwarves get another 4-5 LLs to make it equal. Then what about other races.

I don't see the vampire counts getting more than 1 more LL.

However if we include other races such as a hypothetical nagash race/faction it will likely include Neferata. We also have Luthor playable with coast.
    If VC get one more LL then their will only be one bloodline missing.

There's 12 (13?) Skaven LL's

And who cares about stunty little Dwarves?
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 2,683

That would mean 8 or 9 LLs in total. Meanwhile some races like the empire and dwarves are still on 4.
    Should the empire or dwarves get another 4-5 LLs to make it equal. Then what about other races.

However if we include other races such as a hypothetical nagash race/faction it will likely include Neferata. We also have Luthor playable with coast.

Currently there are 5 Skaven lords, that might go up to 6 with the next dlc.
    It will never go up to 12

Currently there are 5 Skaven lords, that might go up to 6 with the next dlc.
    It will never go up to 12
    Who would even be those guys? Verminking is one, Thanquol is another one, but that’s about it. The other skaven that got mentioned here and there are as important as my fart. Skreet Verminkin might appear if there ever is LP about HE and Skaven. Ghoritch is the last at least a bit viable choice. The rest of the characters are either dead or so unimportant that it would be a travesty to have them as LL.

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 3,711

Verminking is one

Verminking is 13, so Skaven will have 20 characters.